• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why in the world is our board shrinking?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
It's because our board is extremely stagnant outside of one topic. Ordinarily, I'd direct something like this to the social thread, but since it serves as a reminder to the regulars and potential newcomers that we need to become more active, I'll allow it on the basis of discussing how to get more people interested in Samus and what we can do to get some momentum going.

If you attempt to derail the thread into something completely unrelated, I'll hand down punishments accordingly.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
What do you mean "our board is shrinking" ?

You mean consolidating topics into more manageable threads?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
What do you mean "our board is shrinking" ?

You mean consolidating topics into more manageable threads?
He has a point in that the number of topics being displayed is much smaller than it used to be. We've gone from three pages of topics to an eighth of one. However, we have no one to blame but ourselves. We don't post much because we haven't found anything worth sharing, people gradually lose interest over time, and the community as a whole starts to deteriorate. We need some ideas, no pun intended. The best way to get them would be some new blood, but I don't know how we could possibly get people to start using Samus.

While the threads are more manageable, to be perfectly honest, you guys aren't giving me much to do. I probably have the easiest moderating job on the entire forum.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Still not as bad as the negative topics/formerly negative post count on certain other forums.
But alas, it is negligible to complain until we(which I can't even include myself in anymore, really) start doing stuff again.

Also, lack of new faces isn't as problematic as people being busy/not having the motivation to post here over other interests. Summer'll help in that respect for those on vacation from school/work and such.
That and we keep scaring people off by saying we're- err, being so bad.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
The number of pages is shrinking because your default smashboards options makes it so that the boards hide threads from you that are so many months old.

You can change it and then see all the threads ever made.

AgentObvious

Smash Cadet
The boards might become a bit more active if we open up threads about match-ups more often I think. It's been a long time since I've seen one of those

Nyr

Smash Cadet
I feel the same way as Agent mentioned. Besides making the Samus community more active this way, it also helps the community and, more importantly, fixes our view on some matchups, which I simply consider wrong. I haven't been playing Samus all that long and I don't pretend to have mastered the character or her matchups, but, for example, I can't believe that Samus - Squirtle is a 'light advantage' for us. There're a couple of other things that need fixing as well, in my humble opinion.

So, I believe that we'd be solving two problems at once by going over matchups once again. And not simply the higher tier matchups, why wouldn't we go in-depth on some of the lower tier matchups as well?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I feel the same way as Agent mentioned. Besides making the Samus community more active this way, it also helps the community and, more importantly, fixes our view on some matchups, which I simply consider wrong. I haven't been playing Samus all that long and I don't pretend to have mastered the character or her matchups, but, for example, I can't believe that Samus - Squirtle is a 'light advantage' for us. There're a couple of other things that need fixing as well, in my humble opinion.

So, I believe that we'd be solving two problems at once by going over matchups once again. And not simply the higher tier matchups, why wouldn't we go in-depth on some of the lower tier matchups as well?
ive already made SEVERAL MU threads. just look below this thread

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Samus is bad.
Less wins.
Less confidence.
Less motivation.
Less caring.
Less Samus users.
Less activity in Samus boards.

Duh, winning.

:phone:

AgentObvious

Smash Cadet
Making new threads allows for a more recent look on the matchup, more supervised and easier to view. The Match-up index thread or what it's called also hasn't had any real updates in some time.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
all im saying is, we already have current MU threads. find them and bumb them

Nyr

Smash Cadet
Well, I guess that shows my short attention span. I hadn't actually actively searched for any threads.

Anyway, I've gotta agree with Xyro here; there's no need to make new threads, since the threads that exist are so small that they're still easily viewable. I'll try and make a bit of contribution one of these coming days, if I don't forget about it.

AgentObvious

Smash Cadet
So why aren't there threads for the characters that don't have their thread listed here?

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Samus can be a real competitor especially among the low tiers. You just gotta know your match ups and know how to work your samus through the rough patches. Best of luck to you guys miss representing her.

Top Bottom