• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I don't like the Controller Pro U (and a plea for help)

radzo73

Smash Rookie
https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Controller-Wii-Nintendo-U-6304900/dp/B009D4JW3U
DISCLAIMER: I'm not writing this because it isn't a Wii U Pro Controller. In fact, I wanted it mainly so I didn't have to use my Wiimote&Nunchuck to play Brawl.

Anyways, I like this controller for what it's supposed to be: a Wii Classic Controller/Wiimote combination in the shape of a Wii U Pro Controller.
However, there are DEFINITE PROBLEMS that exist with this ontroller (other than the aforementioned "not a Wii U Pro Controller" issue)
-The D-pad is WAY too precise/finicky, often going in multiple directions when I only press left or right.
-Not as big, but the analog triggers are B and X. Why?
-The big one (and my plea for help): It often decides "let's input up or down for no apparent reason!". Not fun.

It messes up...
-Menu Selection!
-Jabs! (they turn into tilts)
-Neutral Specials!
-Dashing! (occasional crouching)

I've tried many things, from repeatedly switching the tilt mode, to switching the controller mode, to unplugging the sensor bar, but none of it seems to help.

TL;DR, don't get this
(also please help meeee)

Top Bottom