• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I Believe Metal Sonic is a bad choice for an Echo Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

hposter

Smash Apprentice
this thread is heavily opinionated, and some others may think that metal sonic is a GREAT choice. i don't believe my word should be taken as fact or anything, keep that in mind. most of what i say here is meant for emphasis.

alright, look. i have nothing against people who support metal sonic as a character. i'd be happy to see him in the game.
but. not. as. an. echo.
i've needed to get this off my chest for a while.
metal sonic is an absolutely HORRIBLE choice for sonic's echo fighter.
at a glance, metal sonic seems like a good choice for an echo fighter
he's meant to be sonic's equal, rivaling him in all of his physical stats, even speed
but yeah that's where the good points end
i believe that if metal sonic were to be included, he'd be his own fighter
metal sonic has the black shield, which can be used as a fox-type reflector
and you may be saying;
"then yeah, make him sonic's echo with fox's down b"
well yeah, news flash pal
METAL SONIC DOESN'T USE THE HOMING ATTACK OR SPINDASH
"but what about sonic rivals 2"
EVERYBODY can use the homing attack in that game
"but what about sonic adventure dx"
that was a skin.
"but what about sonic adventure 2 battle"
that was multiplayer mode. he didn't even play a role in the story. it's basically his role in dx director's cut, but with the black shield
from what i've seen, none of metal sonic's boss appearances have had him use the homing attack or spindash
all in all, metal sonic does use the spin dash occasionally, but only in very specific circumstances
metal sonic wouldn't be the worst thing ever, but characters like shadow or hell, even TAILS would be a better echo than metal

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd mauch rather Shadow but I have to give counter arguments to your "Metal Sonic can't spin-dash/homing attack".

Knuckles could only Homing Attack in those games too but he's doing it in Smash
Daisy hardly ever interacted with Toads and only plucked Vegetables and used frying pans in Mario Party, she does all three in Smash

It's not airtight.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Status
Not open for further replies.