• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I believe in God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
"Yes, I sure am! But you guys aren't either!"

Nope it's just you kid. Classic thread so far, might be the worst in this forum for a long while.

Most people in the Debate Hall have actually read the Bible and other scriptures, usually most of these so called assumed "Atheists" know religious scripture better than people such as you. In contrast your knowledge and study on logical and scientific things is obviously pretty shaky in comparison. If you actually have spent so many years studying the side opposing your imaginary beliefs, well I seriously think you might just have a bit of a learning or comprehension disability (or perhaps it was too complex for you to understand). Either way it was clearly time wasted.
"Most people have actually read the Bible". I've been reading the Bible for as long as I can remember. I've read through it at least once, so it's very unlikely that atheists replying to this thread know the Bible better than me.

Still waiting for an explanation as to why you won't take your OP to a properly knowledgeable audience.

Err, well, let me rephrase that. I'm still waiting for you to attempt to justify your unwillingness - I already know why, I just want to hear the transparent excuse you come up with.
Okay, here's my transparent excuse: Smashboards is the site I frequent the most, and I found the debate hall and decided to start a Creation vs. Evolution thread. That's it. Considering the fair amount of responses I think I've been pretty successful.

He is blind to everything but his side .
Actually the reason I posted here was to get other opinions.

"well I seriously think you might just have a bit of a learning or comprehension disability (or perhaps it was too complex for you to understand). Either way it was clearly time wasted.
1. Use ridicule and mockery to label people of faith as not intelluctual or irrational.

I didn't do anything to you so I really don't see why you have to resort to insults to attack me just because we believe in separate things. I respect the way you think and stuff but to me it seems wrong, but I really wouldn't see anything justifiable in saying you had a learning disability just because you are atheist. I always respect people who differ from me in opinion, even if they did have a learning disability / "comprehension disability."

So far no one has answered a single one of my questions, so I'll try again: How come there are no missing links in the fossil record and how come the fossil record supports the bible (i.e. fish fossils in deserts)?

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Answer this simple question first (one that you should have provided in your first paragraph of your first post) -
Give proof that God exists. Just one little shred of evidence that isn't imaginary or from a fictional book. Humans have been here for how long? And still there is no actual proof of a God.... well aside from him appearing on toast a few times.

This is your thread, you have a thesis, you made the claim that there is a God, you wrote a novel of nonsense.

Now bring it home and finally give one sentence or paragraph that actually proves any of it. We've all been waiting. We're on page 2 now and still nothing.

None of us care if there is a God or if there isn't one, but you obviously do. You seem to value this imaginary being more than real life things and provable observations. To the point where you would try and discount 100s of years of science research compared to the 0 evidence that your side brings (your side doesn't need proof just *faith*). So share your secret or your experience that makes you believe so strongly in something completely imaginary. No one can debate what doesn't exists.

Last edited:

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Answer this simple question first (one that you should have provided in your first paragraph of your first post) -
Give proof that God exists. Just one little shred of evidence that isn't imaginary or from a fictional book. Humans have been here for how long? And still there is no actual proof of a God.... well aside from him appearing on toast a few times
First of all, you didn't answer the question, but I understand, because it is impossible. But yes, I can give some proof.
Basically everything.
So I'm just going to use logic here. The universe hasn't been around forever, so it had a start, and humans had to have gone back far enough that there were only 2 people. So which is more likely: A huge, destroying explosion created those people, or a God created those people?

To the point where you would try and discount 100s of years of science research compared to the 0 evidence that your side brings (your side doesn't need proof just *faith*). So share your secret or your experience that makes you believe so strongly in something completely imaginary. No one can debate what doesn't exists.

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Okay I'll play in imaginary land with you. How do you know Satan didn't create everything?

I mean there are people flying planes into buildings in God's name...and there sure is a lot of violence and discrimination in this world. Seems like a world made by Satan. God did kill 24.8 million people in his imaginary book. Maybe Satan's the good guy and God won and wrote the history as is....sort of like if Hitler had won the World Wars.

Last edited:

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Okay I'll play in imaginary land with you. How do you know Satan didn't create everything?

I mean there are people flying planes into buildings in God's name...and there sure is a lot of violence and discrimination in this world. Seems like a world made by Satan. God did kill 2,821,364 million people in his imaginary book. Maybe Satan's the good guy and God won and wrote the history as is....sort of like if Hitler had won the World Wars.
because God created Satan.
Satan is not a being that is omnipresent and eternal like God.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
if satan created the world then you and I would not be talking.
And neither of us would have any sort of conscience or any sense whatsoever of right and wrong.

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
If you read the original Bible before it was mistranslated incorrectly 89 times and edited into English, Satan actually created God. (I have the original copy in Sanskrit)

Actually God killed about 25 million people, I edited it after you quoted it to account for the New testament killings.

Man you really haven't read the Bible have you?

The Flooding and Noah's Ark alone is about that first number I quoted. And then him killing all the people that complained about those killings? And the revelations and the Apocalypse....

Gotta study up man.

Last edited:

bboss

Smash Journeyman
If you read the original Bible before it was mistranslated incorrectly 89 times and edited into English, Satan actually created God. (I have the original copy in Sanskrit)

Actually God killed about 25 million people, I edited it after you quoted it to account for the New testament killings.

Man you really haven't read the Bible have you?

The Flooding and Noah's Ark alone is about that first number I quoted. And then him killing all the people that complained about those killings?

Gotta study up man.
lol... If God really did create the universe than I'd say he's justified in killing evil people.

Please, show me this "original bible". It wasn't mistranslated.
Hmmm, this seems strange. The Bible goes back to 6000 BC, yet the "original bible"'s language that it wasn't written in didn't appear until 4000 years later.
So your claim is false. Sanksrit was first adopted in 1200 B.C.
Don't know why you made up this bogus claim.
Doubt it's the first copy.

Last edited:

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Ya just got found out man the proof is right there above. You haven't really even read the Bible, but lied about multiple times.

Not only understudied and unprepared, but also very dishonest. I don't think your God would look kindly upon such unworthy traits.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
actually i have.

what proof

maybe the proof that you haven't cause you think you have some "early bible" that logically can't exist

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Ya just got found out man the proof is right there above. You haven't really even read the Bible, but lied about multiple times.
If you know the bible better than me, tell me: what is the first commandment?
If you don't respond within 5 mins, cause you did on all the last posts, I know you don't know and are googling it.

Last edited:

lucrass

Smash Rookie
I challenge the OP to be rewritten without claiming to KNOW anything at all. All scientists throughout history attributed their knowledge and understanding of something to the existence of something else, by which they ultimately cannot prove using the standard scientific method. Many of these scientists had referred to this as, "God". I think you're having the same conundrum.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
I challenge the OP to be rewritten without claiming to KNOW anything at all. All scientists throughout history attributed their knowledge and understanding of something to the existence of something else, by which they ultimately cannot prove using the standard scientific method. Many of these scientists had referred to this as, "God". I think you're having the same conundrum.
I don't understand the post. Are you saying that evolutionists ultimately believe in God?

Whia

Smash Apprentice
Edit: nevermind I'm not getting sucked into this

Last edited:

lucrass

Smash Rookie
Yes, all scientists, even evolutionists cannot provide evidence that God does not exist. So what? I cannot prove (and probably never will) that we live in a reality akin to the movie, The Matrix. So what? Personally I find more merit to that theory than I do in the more common consensus of a divine plan. I digress...

Are you sure you want to be able to copy+paste a flat answer to the proposed question? I find an infinite amount of both solace and dissonance in these discussions, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'd wager life would be pretty boring if we knew beyond a reasonable doubt whether God is God or Godzafraud.

Occasionally I find myself in a resolute prayer of sorts... when I'm sad, confused, or even happy. But I will always cringe when someone says, "God" and believe they have something tangible to which they may compare and contrast. My prayers have nothing to do with what you might understand them to be. Whether you're engaging in an intellectual argument or endless banter, I suggest you circumvent certain words that tend to carry a millennia of clashing definitions and interests.

Don't get me wrong; I feel as though you've prompted these replies for a reason, I just don't think that reason is tied to a collective understanding of God. Whether or not God exists may be the question, but if we cannot agree on what God is, then the answer is never going to be decided. I'd hate for us all to agree on an answer if, in the end, it bears no truth.

I also have little faith in the fact that this message makes any sense, and yet I wrote it anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom