• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why haven't we been given the ability to set default fight settings yet?

ThePhantomBrawler

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4270-4810-0127
Switch FC
SW-5544-4206-3906
I hate having to change the settings to 3 stock every single time I play.We should be able to have a button that sets the current settings as default.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Totally agree. It's been more than 15 years that I always change to 2-stocks no time....

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Or at least automatically save prior settings even when the game's turned off. It's not a massive problem, but I can't fathom why they haven't made what should be such an easy addition.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I think this won't be an issue. I say this because of how the Nintendo Switch works at least right now.

Something that is incredible though is sleep mode. When you turn off the Switch, it remembers what you were last doing. So as long as the same game is in the Switch itself, it won't do anything to what you were last doing. If I turn it off in the middle of completing a BOTW shrine, when I turn it on, I'm still in the shrine, and none of my progress has been reverted. If I'm in the Seaside Kingdom in Mario Odyssey and turn off the Switch, I stay where I was with all my progress still there when I eventually come back.

I can only imagine that when you turn off the Switch in the Smash Ultimate fighting menu, your settings won't be changed. I think this won't be an issue so as long as you don't close the Smash Ultimate software while the device is turned on.

Last edited:

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
I haven't watched the Direct yet, but I read that you can save your settings now!

ThePhantomBrawler

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4270-4810-0127
Switch FC
SW-5544-4206-3906
This feature was announced at the direct.Thread cancelled.

Top Bottom