• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why has Fox been good in every damn game?

Vincey_Boi

Smash Apprentice
This is something that i have wanted to talk about ever since i was on smash boards but never got to talking about it and the thing is why has Fox always been so good in smash. 3rd being his lowest placement. In melee 2nd being his lowest placement. In brawl his lowest placement of all time in all 5 games being ranked 12th at best in sm4sh and ultimate being a very solid A tier. Still it seems very weird that not only has fox never been seriously nerfed such as characters like meta knight in brawl into sm4sh and pikachu to melee im just saying it seems very odd that fox has always been good.

I have a love hate relationship with this character
:ultfox:

NerFox

Smash Cadet
*my name*

No but I understand what you're saying. Some characters seem destined to always be AT LEAST mid tier. And Fox is one of them. Idk of this is a good or bad thing or neither tbh.

Cam61

Smash Rookie
Im sure a large part of it is that usually what makes characters good in smash regardless of which game is gimmicks, speed, combos, at least one early kill move, a good kill throw, a good recovery, and a spike. The more of these a character has the better they will be. In melee; fox's highest ranking game, he had all of these but one if you count wave shining as a gimmick. In ultimate he has 4 of these unless you count the fact that characters like Roy, chrom, and Dr. Mario can be gimped by shine as a spike. But honestly you can get the same result with nair so I wouldn't call it a spike. There are characters that are good that only have one or 2 of these but they aren't the norm. If you check tier lists throughout all games a majority of the top 10-15 will have at least 3 of these 7 things.

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
Simply put, it is how he's designed.

Nearing the end of Brawl's lifespan, he was also considered to be better than originally placed.

Same with Pikachu.

Some characters are just well-designed and will never be bad without extreme nerfs, to the point where they don't even function.

Some characters are badly designed and will never be good without extreme buffs, to the point where they are centralizing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom