• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Greninja getting into Smash Bros makes sense (whether you like it or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Guys, let's remember that there are over 700 pokemon out there so choosing one to be a rep in Smash is not always easy. This is the reason they play it as safe as they can so they end up choosing popular candidates who appear in the spotlight of the various media of the franchise like Charizard, Lucario and Greninja. So yeah, sorry that your favorite obscure pokemon didn't make it but don't blame it on the people in charge of the game nor the rest of the community for not liking a pokemon as much as you do. You just happen to not like a Pokemon who is well-liked by a vast majority.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I honestly could care less about who's playable, just as long as we got the main staples. Sakurai liked the idea of Greninja being playable, so he found him a moveset and BAM, new character.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I said yes, but I'm mixed over this. I love that he's there it's great and he's the coolest and most likely best thing to come out of this gen (maybe other than fairy type). And X and Y was a pretty big release, I'd say bigger than White and Black. Though in general, Mewtwo and Jiggs I'd say are more important. But from the new gen definitely Greninja.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Found this article pretty interesting, it is regarding how Pokemon characters are selected:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1970393/pokemon_in_super_smash_bros_how_theyre_selected.html

"Well first of all, we talk with the Pokemon company," explained designer Masahiro Sakurai when we put the question to him. "What’s the hot Pokemon? What Pokemon are in the movies right now? And really do a lot of research on that front.

"For example, X and Y are coming out – of course, we haven’t done any market research because they’re not out yet, but we look at the animated series or movies and anything like that and again, find out which ones are going to be central to any of conversations in Pokemon going forward.

"But it’s not just that – going back to just what we talked about, what’s unique about them? Where do they fit in with the rest of everything else? What do they have? It’s a combination of those things."

Also to note, Greninja is going to be in the upcoming Pokemon movie.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Found this article pretty interesting, it is regarding how Pokemon characters are selected:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1970393/pokemon_in_super_smash_bros_how_theyre_selected.html

"Well first of all, we talk with the Pokemon company," explained designer Masahiro Sakurai when we put the question to him. "What’s the hot Pokemon? What Pokemon are in the movies right now? And really do a lot of research on that front.

"For example, X and Y are coming out – of course, we haven’t done any market research because they’re not out yet, but we look at the animated series or movies and anything like that and again, find out which ones are going to be central to any of conversations in Pokemon going forward.

"But it’s not just that – going back to just what we talked about, what’s unique about them? Where do they fit in with the rest of everything else? What do they have? It’s a combination of those things."

Also to note, Greninja is going to be in the upcoming Pokemon movie.
Good post... This pretty much aligns with what I was saying. The only reason Greninja seemed like an odd choice was because he didn't have time to develop himself yet. Whether he made it into Smash or not the Pokemon company obviously had a lot planned for him.

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
Personally I feel that Greninja does deserve a spot in Smash Bros. Greninja's probably the most popular Pokemon in the 6th Generation ever since its release. Considering we didn't get a Smash Bros game during the 5th Generation, but rather we're getting one during 6th Gen, it seems only natural to put a 6th Gen rep for Pokemon in the game. In the end though, I would've preferred if Mewtwo came back. He's a familiar face to gamers, whether they still play Pokemon or not.

TheEggsAndBacon

Smash Rookie
NNID
eggsandbacon
As previously stated before:
Tongue Scarf > Lack of Tongue Scarf
That alone puts him above all other Pokemon reps.

But seriously though, I believe that Greninja, while not many's first choice, makes total sense for a rep.
6th Gen was by far one of the most hyped generations in a while(and definitely warrants a rep), and there are no real forerunners for the Kalos region; thus the most popular (Greninja) got the spot.
His design is unique, and his playstyle stands out from his fellow pokemon. I do believe that Greninja isn't a "Nintendo All-Star" however he should take it as being the best rep for modern Pokemon.
And don't worry he'll get big. Just look at Lucario.

I still want a 5th gen rep though, as it is the best gen.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
As previously stated before:
Tongue Scarf > Lack of Tongue Scarf
That alone puts him above all other Pokemon reps.

But seriously though, I believe that Greninja, while not many's first choice, makes total sense for a rep.
6th Gen was by far one of the most hyped generations in a while(and definitely warrants a rep), and there are no real forerunners for the Kalos region; thus the most popular (Greninja) got the spot.
His design is unique, and his playstyle stands out from his fellow pokemon. I do believe that Greninja isn't a "Nintendo All-Star" however he should take it as being the best rep for modern Pokemon.
And don't worry he'll get big. Just look at Lucario.

I still want a 5th gen rep though, as it is the best gen.
Lucario got a movie though, maybe greninja will too, that'd be awesome

Also Fourth gen is the best, Platinum and HeartGold FTW

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
He certainly deserves it. He is the most popular Gen 6 Pokemon. I feel the Company knew of his staggering popularity over all the others, and chose him to represent the new games. It's just like Lucario. And think about it: when we all thought of a possible Gen 6 Trainer, it was always Greninja as one of them. Always. He's that poplar in recent Pokemon.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
He certainly deserves it. He is the most popular Gen 6 Pokemon. I feel the Company knew of his staggering popularity over all the others, and chose him to represent the new games. It's just like Lucario. And think about it: when we all thought of a possible Gen 6 Trainer, it was always Greninja as one of them. Always. He's that poplar in recent Pokemon.
I always thought it would be froakie, braixen and chesnaught just to have the fast one, the middle one and the powerhouse and I never really considered greninja because of the pokemon trainer

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I always thought it would be froakie, braixen and chesnaught just to have the fast one, the middle one and the powerhouse and I never really considered greninja because of the pokemon trainer
Many people suspected a Gen 6 Trainer would have Fennekin, Quilladin, and Greninja.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Sure I guess. I mean does Game & Watch deserve it? He's entirely irrelevant. Does ROB? He's irrelevant too?

There are several more more irrelevant characters.

SuperCosmicSmash

Smash Cadet
Greninja became very popular upon the release of X and Y. I didn't know what Greninja was when I first saw the trailer because I knew nothing about X and Y.

In both competitive and non-competitive pokemon, he is a popular Pokemon to see in a team.

Think of Ninjas, other countries admire the eastern stealthy warriors. Greninja, is literally a frog ninja that throws water shurikrens. Ninjas are fighters, so there's our new pokemon.

Now onto a different topic : Mewtwo fans are awaiting his return but I don't think that he will. Jigglypuff will return buffed. This new "fairy type" element could make her completely different.

As for the people who think a Grass starter will appear : I'm 50/50 with this idea. I see two starter pokemon, so a grass type would be logical. HOWEVER, in X and Y you could choose one of the three Kanto starters and one of the three new starters. You get a free Lucario after beating the Fighting Type Gym Leader that comes with a Mega Evolution Stone.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Pokemon x and y broke records and sold over 12 million.
Greninja is the final evo of one of the starters....
Trust me when i say many people know who he is.
Hes literally being treated like the second coming of charazard on smogon.
Hes just has not been around 2 long.
But more than enough people know him.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't think it's Game Freak as much as The Pokémon Company - I'm pretty sure they're working Sakurai pretty hard. Remember that Pokémon is not wholly owned by Nintendo - they only own a third of it. And in order to keep good relationships going between Pokémon and Nintendo, I'm pretty sure Pokémon Company has some to say in games like Smash that Sakurai just has to follow.

I'm 99 % sure that Greninja was the choice of Pokémon Company and not of Sakurai.
I'd made a thread like this, full post of eighteen paragraphs, and then... computer shut off. Like it was 2001.

Yes, especially considering that we have heard the roster was made a year ago, before this gen of Pokemon was out... sure, great foresight based on how he was designed physically and with fighting capabilities, but ya know; it is game freak/ pokemon

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I thought it was obvious

We all knew there was going to be an X/Y Pokemon

The developers THEMSELVES said they loved Greninja's design, even before it was revealed to the public

There really isn't anyone else to pick from, certainly not Hawlucha.

He was the most talked about Pokemon in X/Y because people didn't like his design at first, and when they realized it was real they started liking it

Then they discovered it's hidden ability and they loved him
Actually, the only person who remarked on Greninja was Graphic Designer Yoshida, who just said he personally liked how he evolved. It's really nothing more then personal preference on his part, particularly since Masuda himself said he preferred Fennekin over the others.

Also. looking back, most of us didn't really think a Kalos Pokémon was going to be in. The general consensus was that it'd be the Brawl roster + Mewtwo because we figured they'd represent the generation via Mega Evolution rather then an entirely new Pokémon, particularly considering who was advertising it (Charizard, Lucario and especially Mewtwo).

Last edited:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Well if we want to be objective, Greninja deserves to be a playable character more so than Jigglypuff (even if it is only during this iteration). Either way it's a good thing that some undeserving characters make it in. It gives the roster a more rounded dream like roster where the possibilities seems endless.

At least that's my take on things. I'd prefer Squirtle over Greninja (or rather PT overall), but I still like Greninja. Depending on how he plays, I might end up maining him.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I'll admit if I could choose a gen 6 rep to be playable, Chesnaught would've been my choice because I think it'd be interesting to have a heavy character that has more emphasis on defensive tactics rather than offensive tactics but I'm not bothered by Greninja's inclusion at all in fact I'm looking forward to trying him out.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I disagree with Greninja's inclusion, but I can see why they'd add him. Froakie was the most popular starter over in Japan (so a lot of people wound up with Greninja), X/Y are extremely popular entries into the series, and Smash Bros. caters pretty much almost exclusively to the Japanese audience. Put all that together and you've got a recipe for Greninja.

Can't really complain, though, since the west got their favorite Pokemon (Charizard). So I guess all's well that ends well.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Greninja deserved to be playable, he was a popular Pokemon from the most recent gen that was used constantly in the meta game. The only thing is that he wasn't expected because everyone wanted Mewtwo, though he'll probably return as well.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
Greninja is a ninja frog that throws shurikens made of water and uses his tongue as a scarf. No further explanation is necessary.

But I'll provide it anyways. Right off the bat, Greninja lends himself well to a platform fighting game. He was very easy to make a moveset for. In addition, he has several points in common with Charizard, namely:

• Insane popularity. Greninja is easily the most popular starter since gen 3
  • Along with Charizard's mega evolutions, Greninja is very popular in competitive battling
  • Featured (or will be) in various other media

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Then again, I haven't played Pokémon past Diamond. I knew Froakie was the most popular starter of Gen 6 however.

Guess my answer depends on wether Mewtwo is back or not. All I have to say is that he'll have to grow on me. Think he'll make a worthy enemy, and he's a cool 'rival' battle for Charizard, and I guess Lucario to.

But I can't say he quite compares to the likes of Pikachu, Jigglypuff (at it's prime), Mewtwo, Charizard or Lucario. To me, Squirtle and Ivysaur also are far more iconic to the series. Think that when it came down to it, I would've EASILY preffered solo Blastoise / Squirtle or / and Venusaur / Ivysaur over Greninja.

He also sort of ruined Impa's chances cause I can't really picture 3 ninja characters in... Plus Greninja already got his 'showtime' with Sheik, comparing both characters and all *sigh*

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
He did, Every pokemon game has a newcomer from the most recent gen and Greninja was extremely popular WITHOUT Gamefreak pushing him down our throat. Even if Mewtwo doesn't return, Greninja still deserves it.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I've got nothing against Greninja as a pokemon (Barring that disgusting tongue scarf.) He's got fine stats and abilities and is an all around worthy starter. As a character in Smash though... I've got several issues with him.

1. It's unfair to the rest of the starters to pick one and run with it. I know Charizard was in Brawl, but he was also flanked by his two sibling starters, and Gen 1 is special by virtue of being the first. (This is the same reason I'm ticked they took Squirtle and Ivysaur out.)
2. We've already got a lot of light, ninja-esque speedsters in the roster, so he feels redundant. If they had to have a Gen 6 starter, why couldn't they go with the unique, tanky, shield and countering based battle style of Chestnaut? There's a decisive lack of newer, heavier characters in Smash. (Which is part of why I support Ridley and K. Rool.)
3. He's in on novelty. X and Y are the cool, hip things in Pokemon right now, and of course big names from the games like Greninja and the like are going to be at the forefront. But, looking back from the future, will he keep this level of relevancy and popularity to make him a worthy enough addition to keep in the roster? Pokemon seems to get hit with this issue a lot. (See, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Lucario.)

I'm not saying he was a bad addition, I just think it wasn't thought through all the way. Like a tattoo you get when you're drunk. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but in hindsight, they may have been better options to remember your night in Vegas.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I've got nothing against Greninja as a pokemon (Barring that disgusting tongue scarf.) He's got fine stats and abilities and is an all around worthy starter. As a character in Smash though... I've got several issues with him.

1. It's unfair to the rest of the starters to pick one and run with it. I know Charizard was in Brawl, but he was also flanked by his two sibling starters, and Gen 1 is special by virtue of being the first. (This is the same reason I'm ticked they took Squirtle and Ivysaur out.)
2. We've already got a lot of light, ninja-esque speedsters in the roster, so he feels redundant. If they had to have a Gen 6 starter, why couldn't they go with the unique, tanky, shield and countering based battle style of Chestnaut? There's a decisive lack of newer, heavier characters in Smash. (Which is part of why I support Ridley and K. Rool.)
3. He's in on novelty. X and Y are the cool, hip things in Pokemon right now, and of course big names from the games like Greninja and the like are going to be at the forefront. But, looking back from the future, will he keep this level of relevancy and popularity to make him a worthy enough addition to keep in the roster? Pokemon seems to get hit with this issue a lot. (See, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Lucario.)

I'm not saying he was a bad addition, I just think it wasn't thought through all the way. Like a tattoo you get when you're drunk. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but in hindsight, they may have been better options to remember your night in Vegas.
Well to be honest we only got shiek as the other ninja esc character.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I'm not just talking about ninja aesthetics. I'm talking about character build.
well if you want my opinion for the rest. You say it seems redundant but that a wait and see bit. Light character or not dose not affect his similarity to other. If you want more heavy's than root for heavy's but literally smash is just a popularity contest in sakurai's mind he honeslty just thinks "hey he would be cool" then puts him in.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
He's the textbook definition of flavor of the month, so no, he didn't.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It also bugs me when people say "X character is undeserving". That usually translates into "I don't care about him/her therefore they shouldn't have included it"
But I can't say he quite compares to the likes of Pikachu, Jigglypuff (at it's prime), Mewtwo, Charizard or Lucario. To me, Squirtle and Ivysaur also are far more iconic to the series. Think that when it came down to it, I would've EASILY preffered solo Blastoise / Squirtle or / and Venusaur / Ivysaur over Greninja.

He also sort of ruined Impa's chances cause I can't really picture 3 ninja characters in... Plus Greninja already got his 'showtime' with Sheik, comparing both characters and all *sigh*
Well, of course it can't compare to the likes of those. But that is kind of an unfair argument, pokemon X and Y were released last october so the guy is only about 7 months old, unlike everyone else but Lucario who have been around for 15 years.

Man, I don't know where you are connecting the dots but he has nothing to do with the lack of Impa. Even Greninja-less, she wouldn't have made it in anyways.

1. You can't expect them to add all 3 starters in the roster and even then you have to accept that one may be more popular than the other two. The bulbasaur and squirtle lines aren't as popular as the Charizard one, this is a fact whether you or I prefer them over the other. When the decision had to be done it is pretty clear that Charizard was the one destined for being his own character, you may say it's unfair but the dev team isn't obligated to add them for the sake of making them favors; it doesn't mean that the others aren't well liked but they don't hold a candle against Charizard's popularity.

2. What lot do you speak of? The only one comparable is Sheik and that's it. And you can't say it feels redundant because the moveset seems unique so far and besides you haven't tried him yet.
Now Chesnaught is a decent poke but he is not that big in the fanbase, and like I said before, they are not going to choose him just so they can do favors to the character. Greninja is basically the Charizard of the Kalos trio so it was clear who they were going to choose between them.

3. He is a novelty, yes. But I fail to see why this is listed as an issue. As I wrote before, the guy is only 7 months old so only time will tell.
But, looking back from the future, will he keep this level of relevancy and popularity to make him a worthy enough addition to keep in the roster? Pokemon seems to get hit with this issue a lot. (See, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Lucario.)
Pokemon seems to get hit with this issue a lot? What? No they don't. That issue is not as frequent as you make it sound. Out of the three you mentioned, only Jiggylpuff's popularity has waned; while Mewtwo, Charizard, Pikachu and Lucario are still a big deal in the pokemon media. Greninja is most likely going to be up there as well.

Overrall it was a smart decision to include him, the guy is in the new pokemon games and he is Ash's starter in the anime, it was a logical choice. You said that they didn't think it through, but a few sentences ago you suggested Chesnaught; not a bad pokemon character choice but a sure way to shoot themselves in the foot considering that Greninja is the most liked. So yeah, we gotta consider that stuff.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
He's the textbook definition of flavor of the month, so no, he didn't.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/flavor+of+the+month
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Flavour of the month
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/flavor of the month.html
http://voices.yahoo.com/phrase-origins-flavor-month-6409198.html
http://www.englishdaily626.com/idioms.php?012#Flavor of the month

I couldn't find the textbook definition; but Greninja isn't the definition of "flavor of the month" for any of these "oh so" reputable sources. :denzel:

9-bit the Platyhog

Smash Rookie
NNID
UltimatePlatypus
3DS FC
2251-5555-2252
He's a ninja. 'Nuff said.
In all seriousness though, yes. He seems like the perfect Pokemon to join, with all the hype about X/Y.
I would honestly prefer Blaziken, but Greninja is a sweet addition too.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
1. You can't expect them to add all 3 starters in the roster and even then you have to accept that one may be more popular than the other two. The bulbasaur and squirtle lines aren't as popular as the Charizard one, this is a fact whether you or I prefer them over the other. When the decision had to be done it is pretty clear that Charizard was the one destined for being his own character, you may say it's unfair but the dev team isn't obligated to add them for the sake of making them favors; it doesn't mean that the others aren't well liked but they don't hold a candle against Charizard's popularity.
Why can't I expect them to add all 3 starters? They did it in Brawl, and Project M, for that matter. Besides, popularity =/= a good idea. (Just look at the Twilight movies.)

2. What lot do you speak of? The only one comparable is Sheik and that's it. And you can't say it feels redundant because the moveset seems unique so far and besides you haven't tried him yet.
Now Chesnaught is a decent poke but he is not that big in the fanbase, and like I said before, they are not going to choose him just so they can do favors to the character. Greninja is basically the Charizard of the Kalos trio so it was clear who they were going to choose between them.
Lucario: Relatively speedy, charge up B neutral, martial artist, thin, humanoid. ZSS: Speedy, agile, charge up B neutral, thin, humanoid. Sheik: Speaks for herself. Mewtwo: Light, thin, humanoid, charge up B neutral. Are you starting to see the pattern here? And those are just off the top of my head. Smash is saturated with this character type. Chestnaut could theoretically offer a playstyle built around being big and moderately heavy, but also sturdy and good at counterattacking and blocking projectiles. We don't have a character archetype quite like that yet.

3. He is a novelty, yes. But I fail to see why this is listed as an issue. As I wrote before, the guy is only 7 months old so only time will tell.
Why wasn't Blaziken added back in Brawl, despite fan demand and crazy popularity? It wasn't recent enough to be marketable. Greninja is in this to be an advertising push. You admit it yourself below. Some of us happen to care about artistic integrity.

Pokemon seems to get hit with this issue a lot? What? No they don't. That issue is not as frequent as you make it sound. Out of the three you mentioned, only Jiggylpuff's popularity has waned; while Mewtwo, Charizard, Pikachu and Lucario are still a big deal in the pokemon media. Greninja is most likely going to be up there as well.
Mewtwo was cut from Brawl, it looks like the non-overhyped (Yeah, I said it. You wanna make something of it?) Kanto starters have been cut from 4, Jigglypuff remains in despite lack of popularity. How can you tell me with a straight face that Pokemon doesn't have roster issues?

Overrall it was a smart decision to include him, the guy is in the new pokemon games and he is Ash's starter in the anime, it was a logical choice. You said that they didn't think it through, but a few sentences ago you suggested Chesnaught; not a bad pokemon character choice but a sure way to shoot themselves in the foot considering that Greninja is the most liked. So yeah, we gotta consider that stuff.
So basically, you're saying that Smash should be a popularity contest, and only fan-favorites should get in? Then what the flying fish are Wii Fit Trainer, Mr. Game And Watch and ROB doing here? Why was Fire Emblem included in Melee despite being a Japanese niche series at best at the time? Why is Ridley still not playable?

There are several series that I only got into enjoying due to Smash highlighting them when I wouldn't have given them a second glance otherwise. Smash is a place for all Nintendo All Stars to shine, and constant fan-pandering just leads to rehashing the same ideas over and over again.

I never said that Greninja is an inherantly bad character. I think he looks pretty fun, considering his faults. I'm just sick of seeing the same old popularity contest win the day, when there are other, more unique and creative options left at the wayside because "OMG NINJA!!1!" In the long run, what's creative and original will stand the test of time, beyond what's hip and trendy. That's why I'm bugged that Greninja is in. Short term, he looks nice, long term, I can't seem him lasting the test of time.

Last edited:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure why I see so many people who admitting that they don't play pokemon or stopped playing pokemon a long time ago giving their opinion on Greninja. He was never really competing with anyone except other pokemon, and at least one new pokemon rep is obligitory.

Now, if I had to start listing the pokemon I personally love and would be viable for smash, it'd take a little while before I named one that has any realist shot. I mean, my favorite is Nidoking, and he's pretty damn popular, and gen 1, and would make such an awesome, unique fighter in Smash, but still has basically no chance. It's tough competition. But that said, I'm very happy Greninja got in, I almost always like the grass starter but this was probably an exception (though Chestnaught is a pretty cool mofo and I'd have been just as happy if they chose him). I wish Lucario had been taken out. I've always hated his design and character. It's such a unispired pokemon that was one of those forced 'this is what 10 year old boys in the year 2007 think looks cool, right? We'll start with some lumpy, vague kitsune body, the most over-used shade of blue of all time, then we'll pepper in some dull metallic looking spikes that look as though they were ripped off a biker's jacker, and we have ourselves a hit fellas!' Then they proceeded to force him down everyone's throats for the next 7 years or so. Greninja is actually a classic looking pokemon, whose popularity came about much more organically.

Also, if you could bring back Mewtwo, that'd be greeeaaat.

Last edited:

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
People, people, this thread clearly calls for a value judgement, cyberguy64 believes that playstyles uniqueness is what is important in determining the "deserving" of a character while ryu myuutsu believes that popularity determines how "deserving" a character is. No one is right or wrong.

Personally, I just want Mewtwo back, favorite pokemon AND has mind game properties! Aaahhhh yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom