• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why dont more falcons use back air from the ledge ?

ramz zeus

Smash Rookie
so i was testing some things and i found out if you let go of the stage on frame 8 jump, back air 1 frame after jumping next frame start drifting towards stage and fastfall on frame 18 the bair autocancells and you can shield while being fully invincible and if the bair connects you can get a reverse bair to knee or grab to edge guard to kill i was just wandering why more falcons dont use this

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
In addition to what Baux said, Bair comes out on frame 10 vs Uair coming out on frame 6 and Nair coming out on frame 7, so people don't usually go for a move that doesn't go out as far and doesn't come out as fast as another viable option from ledge. The only usefulness I could think of for Bair from ledge is if you did a Dokorai wall jump -> DJ Bair or read them unsafely approaching ledge super hard to get a reverse Bair, but the first one isn't practical to set up and if you get that hard of a read on an unsafe approach while you're on ledge, you may as well just go for stomp on stage. You'll get more off of a stomp than a reverse Bair.

Top Bottom