• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why doesn't Peach bomber work on shield?

Capt. NeckBeard

Smash Rookie
So I don't actually play peach but it has me confused that whenever my friend uses peach bomber and I shield his move goes through my shield but doesn't hit me. Is this a glitch, a carry over from melee or a carry over from brawl that can't be fixed? Maybe there's some use that I'm not seeing but it looks like an unnecessary flaw in a move that already had already limited usability

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
its supposed to do that. The whole thing is that if peach bomber hit shields, it would need a significant rework. atm, if you kept it as it, but let it hit sheilds, it would actually become a neutral tool. peach has enough aerial mobility that she could throw out a bomber, force you to shield, and float afterwards, which would open her up to some serious shield pressure scenarios. the goal of the design of the move is to have it be a hard read move. by allowing it to activate on shields, it becomes a lot more than that, and really invades into peaches design and gameplay.

Cha Cha San

Smash Cadet
I don't think something as slow as a peach bomber would be useful in neutral even if it did hit shields. If it hit shields it's still incredibly easy to see coming and dodge for a punish, it doesn't even have armor to prevent you from getting slapped out of it, and the reward isn't anything to write home about.

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, before Peach Bomber can work against shield, it needs to be a disjoint. Like, how is her other ass move (bair) a disjoint, but not Peach Bomber? Consistency, PMDT. It works.

Beastx

Smash Rookie
The thing is, it's really punishable if you just bring up your sheild since it has a couple years of ending lag. It's also a special move and not a very good one at that. IMO it needs a pretty large rework.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
it really doesnt need any of that though. if anything, i would just speed up the start up a tad to compliment reads a bit more. the goal is to keep it as a hard read move though. the more you give it disjoint, activation on shields, etc. the more this move starts to become usable in neutral, and the safer it becomes to throw out such a rewarding move to land. undeniably, this move IS rewarding to land. it sends at a crazy angle with a crap ton of KB. it will kill most characters below 100%, which is something to boast about. i could see it using a bit of tweaking, but i dont think activation on shields is the way to go

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Might not be 100% the right topic, but I had a Peach Bomber explode+bounce off my opponents shield today. Would we be wrong in assuming that that's what happens if Bomber gets power shielded?

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
idk, did you hear a clank? might be worth some debug mode investigation. afaik it shouldnt hit off shields at all, but theres always the possibility that a glitch exists or that it actually does hit off powershields. try and duplicate the situation you were in using debug.

Sharpman767

Smash Rookie
It does that because side b uses activation hitboxes instead of regular hitboxes, like captain falcon's side b.

Top Bottom