• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does J666 back air while he's recovering?

squirrels4ev

Smash Apprentice
The title says it all. I've noticed that J666 almost always uses his bair multiple times on the way back to the stage, so I tried to see if it gave you any extra horizontal mobility or slowed your fall at all, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. I've never seen any other players using this technique, so I feel like it most likely doesn't aid your recovery, but maybe he's figured something new out.
He's been doing it for a long time as well, which further reinforces my idea that it doesn't aid recovery, because if it did, other people would have noticed and picked up the technique. I think he's active on this board so hopefully J666 sees this and can shed some light on the situation.
I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on a technique I could be using to improve my gameplay.

SAUS

Smash Ace
I have not heard of the back-air doing anything to aid your recovery. If it does, I'd like to know :p

squirrels4ev

Smash Apprentice
If he was only doing it once per recovery I would think he's holding his control stick towards stage and smashing his c-stick off stage to wiggle out of "tumbling" in midair, but he does it more than once consistently. IT'S A MYSTERY TO ME.

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
I bair as ics when I recover cause I wanta look at dem fox smashers in my hands. just fun

but really it's that deep only kirby, puff, and m2 get any 2nd jump aid from attacking during and i think kirby/puff only get it on their extra jumps.

even if it was to break out of stun from away always rangs/bomb pulls would likly be better to a degree.

Zodiac

Smash Master
It ends quicker than nair, so sometimes you can hit with it as an overhead while recovering, but that situation doesn't present itself to often.

Top Bottom