• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does HBOX get so much hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotChocolate

Smash Rookie
I personally love HBOX, and I really dont see why people hate him. He plays puff, cool. He plays kind of campy, cool. Why is he hated? Imagine if you were constantly ridiculed and attacked for something like that, you would obviously be sad, and when he vents and gets depressed over it you guys all use that as another way to go after him that he is "fishing for sympathy". He never badmouthed someone before they badmouthed him, he only gets in beef when someone else starts it, he praises people like Leffen for being good players but they just **** on him. Whats the problem?

When he changes from "Im okay with being the villain" to "im crying and venting", thats normal. Hes swinging moods, hes depressed as **** from every single bit of success he has being turned into a way of ****ting and hating on him. Give me one reason, one actual reason that ties into him as an actual ****ing person, that would give people a reason to hate his guts. People hate Leffen due to his constant immature and hateful/rude attitude, a valid argument. People hate others for different reasons, but why HBOX? Tell me that and I will see and respect your point, but if you cant then please stop riding the "**** hbox he came to my house and got my grandma pregnant" train...

Sorry if I got worked up near the end, it pisses me off to see a person who gets ridiculed by masses for any tiny bit of success they get, and no one actually thinks about how that person feels mentally,

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I was doing my laundry the other day and just as I grabbed the last piece of clothing from the dryer, my hand banged against the edge of the dryer and I could swear it sounded like the noise Jigglypuff makes when Rest connects. Anyway, I wrote it off as nothing. But then when I was putting my clothes away, I realized that I was missing a sock. I gasped. At first I was shocked, then confused, and then! I felt righteous anger. For I knew there was only one person who could possibly be responsible, and his name is Juan Debiedma, the Great Satan.

Last edited:

HotChocolate

Smash Rookie
I was doing my laundry the other day and just as I grabbed the last piece of clothing from the dryer, my hand banged against the edge of the dryer and I could swear it sounded like the noise Jigglypuff makes when Rest connects. Anyway I wrote it off as nothing. But then when I was putting my clothes away, I realized that I was missing a sock. I gasped. At first I was shocked, then confused, and then! I felt righteous anger. For I knew there was only one person who could possibly be responsible, and his name is Juan Debiedma, the Great Satan.
nice copy pasta

gogurtpeachy

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
GOGU#750
Because it S U C K S to watch him play, half of any fighting game is watching as a spectator and honestly, hbox kills the hype, every other matchup in melee is fast and exciting but the moment puff is involved it becomes slow and boring. I didn't mind hbox much until the past couple of years where suddenly every grand finals is fox puff. I respect him as a player, but im not rushing to watch any hbox sets.

HotChocolate

Smash Rookie
I can see your point, but some people take it too far and attack him on a personal level, and if thats the only reason they have, then holy **** the Smash community is going downhill.

gogurtpeachy

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
GOGU#750
I can see your point, but some people take it too far and attack him on a personal level, and if thats the only reason they have, then holy **** the Smash community is going downhill.
Welcome to the internet. I know some people have had some wack experiences meeting him in person, and we know he cheated on his girlfriend. He honestly doesn't seem like the nicest guy even outside of his smash personality but whatever.

notrami

Smash Rookie
he plays pretty lame and is kind of an a-hole irl
am sure he's cool if u get to know him but that's not the vibes he gives off
that's about it

Last edited:

LIL ELF

Best Smasher in North Pole
Switch FC
SW-6612-9831-3124
I’ve heard story on him saying that he’s an asshole but I never met the guy so who knows. And I think is style of play is not the most entertaining to watch.

SSBF

Smash Rookie
I personally love HBOX, and I really dont see why people hate him. He plays puff, cool. He plays kind of campy, cool. Why is he hated? Imagine if you were constantly ridiculed and attacked for something like that, you would obviously be sad, and when he vents and gets depressed over it you guys all use that as another way to go after him that he is "fishing for sympathy". He never badmouthed someone before they badmouthed him, he only gets in beef when someone else starts it, he praises people like Leffen for being good players but they just **** on him. Whats the problem?

When he changes from "Im okay with being the villain" to "im crying and venting", thats normal. Hes swinging moods, hes depressed as **** from every single bit of success he has being turned into a way of ****ting and hating on him. Give me one reason, one actual reason that ties into him as an actual ****ing person, that would give people a reason to hate his guts. People hate Leffen due to his constant immature and hateful/rude attitude, a valid argument. People hate others for different reasons, but why HBOX? Tell me that and I will see and respect your point, but if you cant then please stop riding the "**** hbox he came to my house and got my grandma pregnant" train...

Sorry if I got worked up near the end, it pisses me off to see a person who gets ridiculed by masses for any tiny bit of success they get, and no one actually thinks about how that person feels mentally,
I personally don't have anything against him as a player, BUT he's really boring to watch in play. Since half of the time he's camping on Dreamland just trying to hit a back air in neutral. Not saying he isn't good, he just isn't fun to watch.

SodaOD

Smash Rookie
I personally don't have anything against him as a player, BUT he's really boring to watch in play. Since half of the time he's camping on Dreamland just trying to hit a back air in neutral. Not saying he isn't good, he just isn't fun to watch.
Does style really matter? If he wins, he wins.

Weenuk

Smash Cadet
he plays an inferior kirby clone, what did you expect was gonna happen?

DDRC

Smash Apprentice
He's boring as hell to watch and edgy 13 year olds and manchildren tell him to hang himself for playing a certain way. I don't like hbox but these haters are some of the most toxic people within the community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom