• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Doc is the only truthful character

O Rai

Smash Rookie
:4drmario: is the truest fighter in Smash 4. Take a second to think about it. he has nothing special to him... no gimp moves (cape is risky to even try compared to mario (i.e. marios recovery lets him get away with it unless youre a god at reverse up b) no real spiking moves, no really armored moves, cant exactly kill until 90% (from mid stage essentially), has no notable strong/true combos aside from small ones that dont do much damage (or a possible kill throw combo at like 80-90% range, his projectile game is literally average wherein its good and beats out energy absorption but is still par compared to other ones, his recovery is awful/predictable and well if you lose to him theres only one explanation, you got outplayed (not gimped, not some superarmor shenanigan, not some trip, etc.). Your overall characteristics as :4drmario: are average as well, slightly stronger than :4mario: (much slower and less reliable things like cape/recovery) but you do possess the one and only tornado and super punch, making you a :4mario: & :4luigi: hybrid.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
What's the point of this thread? And frankly, this is not a good assessment of Doc, nor are these things unique to him.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
He actually gets 21% per grab, has pretty good edge guarding abilities, decent movement tricks (wavebonce/b-reverse cape and tornado), really good set of smashes, a really good Bair, And just a good fundamental rewarding moveset.

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
I don't consider being able to Up Special out of rapid jabs as "truthful"

Doc also can gimp thanks to his Megavitamins that can eat double jumps, or cancel out moves like PK Thunder.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I get what you mean by this, but I'm sure there's other characters that lack anything "cheap" and win purely by skill. I mean, if a Jigglypuff wins a huge tournament, how good would that player be considered? People in the Yoshi forums talked about how most of his match ups are 50:50 or lower, too, which means he can only win if he outplays the opponent. Also, even if a character seems cheap, they still require a high skill level to do well with ("well" as in top level play), with maybe a few exceptions. Emphasis on "few", by the way.
And yeah, there's not really a reason to make this thread other than discussing what "cheap" means, and I'm pretty sure there's already a thread for that.

Last edited:

Endurrr

Smash Cadet
...Did you just say doc doesn't have good edgeguarding tools?

Someone delete this thread for spreading blatant lies

Top Bottom