• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play Ness?

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
In this thread, explain why you play Ness. (As the title says)

Personally, I've always gravitated towards Ness simply because I liked his unconventional playstyle. In Smash 64 I would play him, and would always be finding out new things about how he plays. You wouldn't have believed the face I made when I figured out for myself that hitting yourself with PK thunder turns you into a deadly projectile.

When I first started playing Smash seriously, however, I dropped him, purely due to his tier placing in favor of Sheik. Then I played EarthBound. After I beat it and the other two games of the series, EarthBound became my favorite game, and that made me want to play my favorite character from my favorite game in Smash. It isn't easy to play Ness, but I do it because he is my favorite.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
One time my friend and I (we started playing together and learning advanced tech at the same time) were goofing around and we played ness dittos because lol no one plays ness. After our game he said woah ur ness is pretty good so i started playing him sometimes, nothing serious.

Soon after, there was a smashfest at my friends place and a guy that played the game more seriously came over. When i played against him and promptly got pooped upon, he turned to me and said something along the lines of: "Dude you suck, ness sucks dont play that character play something else". Since then, its been a personal vendetta to get good with ness.

Also, ness is fun.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
I play Ness mostly because I really liked him when I played casually (2001 - 2012ish). Ness has always been a comfort pick, and since the number one goal for me is fun, I figure I should just keep playing Ness until someone more fun comes along or if I ever get to the point that my character is literally holding me back. Since I am still learning a lot on Ness and continue to improve, I don't see a reason to switch characters as long as I'm having fun.

Also...he is a cute little bumble bee =D

Joestar

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sneasel1994
3DS FC
1332-8872-4080
I play ness because he's really varied in moves and i'm kind of a low-tier hero when picking characters just to give them justice and try and make them more respected.

stickmantankguy

Smash Rookie
I have this problem where I see potential in characters and I want nothing more than to bring it out in them. That's why I even care about Ness anymore. I shouldn't say it's a problem, but the fact that I do this with several different characters kinda makes it into a problem.

I've been putting strong consideration into playing Ness again, but I'm starting to take names with Samus in NJ so I feel now would be the WORST time to do that. I'm just gonna watch @ vrud vrud do his thing until I'm ready to bust out my dumb Ness tech-skill. I'm looking forward to your performance at Apex! Hopefully I'll be able to sit down and get a friendly in or something.

Top Bottom