• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Do You Main Your Main?

vertime

Smash Apprentice
When you find your main, you just find it. You play that bot match to try them out at something just clicks as you play them. Maybe it's the moveset, maybe it's the movement, maybe it's just the character themselves, who's to say?

You, actually, that's why I made this thread.
I'd like to know what it is about your main that made you want to play them more and more. What is it about that character that you enjoy enough to say "To hell with the rest of the cast! This is all I need." I might make a little data dump out of it of why people enjoy their characters if I crowbar enough time in for it.

My reason for those that care.
Personally, I main Ganondorf because if there is a character that you can feel the punch behind, it's Ganondorf. The dude is cool, one of my favourite villains, actually. He has those amazing purple effects that look like he's spewing nebula after nebula but really it's just cold-ass, hard-hitting death. Oh, and did I mention Dair kills at like 10% because it does.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Why do I play Cloud? Well......
When I first got into Smash, I knew I wanted to play a swordfighter. I went from Shulk, to Lucina, to Ike. Ahhhh, Ike. He's pretty heavy, great at getting good kills. Mained him for a couple months, but I felt like his weight and movement were just too slow. It was then that the library wii u had obtained Cloud a few months prior. Curious, I checked out Cloud, and he just clicked. Everything about him clicked, plus he's an interesting character. So, I made him my new main, and he's been my main for, what, 5-6 months, and it's been 5-6 months of nonstop fun.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
ANIMAL CROSSING HYPE.
I was so excited to see an AC character in Smash, and when I first played Villager, the playstyle was a fit as well.

Emmington

Smash Cadet
I got the worst reason, everyone.
I wanted to mod a character to look like Lucifer from The Devil is a Part-Timer! and Dark Pit was the best fit. Now that I'm taking the game seriously w/o mods, I like that edgy Pit has great recovery. And I just picked up Robin in my search for a secondary, as they were the only other character that "clicks" with me besides Dark Pit.

LordofSadFace

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-4270-3394
speaking about Project M and Smash 4 only:

Project M - Ryucario: while its pretty easy to combo with him, i like him more for his new ammount of mechanics thanks to the revamp the Project M Staff did to him, you can cancel attacks, move a lot in all directions and he has some really good moves. Also i really dont like much character that have "finisher" ranged attacks like Samus, i always preffer a direct approach than that.

Smash 4 - Mii Brawler: Kinda like with Ryucario, however here is by another reason: i can play using my mii, which adds some fun to the already enjoyment

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
:4megaman: : I'm a huge fan of the Mega Man franchise. It's my favorite video game franchise and the Classic Mega Man series is my favorite platforming series of all time. I wanted to see Mega Man in Smash for a long time. Ever since Smash 4's initial announcement on being multi-platform, I wanted to see Mega Man get in. Sadly, the series was going through cancellation after cancellation, with Legends 3 being the major loss. It seemed that Megs's chances of being in Smash were getting slimmer and slimmer with each passing day. I remember that I couldn't see the Nintendo E3 2013 presentation because I had a dentist appointment that day. When I got home, I saw that Smash 4 got a trailer and I clicked that immediately. I was already excited because we were getting two Smash games, and I was waiting for a "New Challenger Approaching" section afterwards. My heart started beating when I saw that New Challenger Approaching flash go on and my mind was going crazy. I wondered who the hell it would be. As soon as I saw that figure and took a look at his hair, I was like "No... is it really?" The helmet comes on, his eyes flash, he teleported out of the scene, and "Mega Man Joins the Battle," came up. To say that I lost my **** would be an understatement. I was shouting "HOLY ****ING **** IT'S MEGA MAN," and I ran around my house for 5 minutes yelling "OH MY GOD," over and over again. I never go that crazy when I get excited for stuff (there are a couple of exceptions, mind you), but that announcement was so amazing that I just had to go that crazy. I still consider Megs's trailer to be the best newcomer trailer because it did such a great job at surprising me and highlights his moves perfectly. I'm never dropping Megs. Ever. That moment was so magical, that I consider it to be one of my fondest gaming memories.

Anyway, I should probably explain why I main Megs. Magical moment and huge fan aside, I just love how faithful he is to his original 8-bit counterpart. Running and shooting animation being slightly wrong aside, Megs feels and plays just like his NES counterpart, and it took me no time to get used to his movement. Trying to get used to his other moves took me some time though, but it's well worth it. I also love that I can wall out my opponents with pellets, even though it doesn't work for some characters (**** you, :4mario:...). I just love how Megs plays, and I love representing my favorite video game franchise. :)

Last edited:

vertime

Smash Apprentice
:4megaman: : I'm a huge fan of the Mega Man franchise. It's my favorite video game franchise and the Classic Mega Man series is my favorite platforming series of all time. I wanted to see Mega Man in Smash for a long time. Ever since Smash 4's initial announcement on being multi-platform, I wanted to see Mega Man get in. Sadly, the series was going through cancellation after cancellation, with Legends 3 being the major loss. It seemed that Megs's chances of being in Smash were getting slimmer and slimmer with each passing day. I remember that I couldn't see the Nintendo E3 2013 presentation because I had a dentist appointment that day. When I got home, I saw that Smash 4 got a trailer and I clicked that immediately. I was already excited because we were getting two Smash games, and I was waiting for a "New Challenger Approaching" section afterwards. My heart started beating when I saw that New Challenger Approaching flash go on and my mind was going crazy. I wondered who the hell it would be. As soon as I saw that figure and took a look at his hair, I was like "No... is it really?" The helmet comes on, his eyes flash, he teleported out of the scene, and "Mega Man Joins the Battle," came up. To say that I lost my **** would be an understatement. I was shouting "HOLY ****ING **** IT'S MEGA MAN," and I ran around my house for 5 minutes yelling "OH MY GOD," over and over again. I never go that crazy when I get excited for stuff (there are a couple of exceptions, mind you), but that announcement was so amazing that I just had to go that crazy. I still consider Megs's trailer to be the best newcomer trailer because it did such a great job at surprising me and highlights his moves perfectly. I'm never dropping Megs. Ever. That moment was so magical, that I consider it to be one of my fondest gaming memories.

Anyway, I should probably explain why I main Megs. Magical moment and huge fan aside, I just love how faithful he is to his original 8-bit counterpart. Running and shooting animation being slightly wrong aside, Megs feels and plays just like his NES counterpart, and it took me no time to get used to his movement. Trying to get used to his other moves took me some time though, but it's well worth it. I also love that I can wall out my opponents with pellets, even though it doesn't work for some characters (**** you, :4mario:...). I just love how Megs plays, and I love representing my favorite video game franchise. :)
That was a pleasant read.
I had the same sort of feeling when I saw Lucas was DLC, albeit much more muted than profuse swearing, more of a "Oh, cool, Lucas is nice". I don't even like Mother 3 that much but naming everyone ridiculous names and making fun of all the characters all the way through has formed some sort of strange bond with Mother 3. I don't like it but I do like making fun of it so now I like Lucas as a character because it's funny to watch him flail wildly when he gets knocked away from the screen.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
In Brawl, I picked up :lucas: because when I was playing Subspace Emissary, he was the first character whose moveset really clicked with me. I don't know exactly what it was, but the combination of quick combo moves, slow kill moves, and my friends not abusing his extra long grab release animation helped the cause. But I was kinda scrubby back then, and I didn't really do too well with him. Nevertheless, he held a special place in my heart.

Then the :4lucas: leaks came around, and I got pretty excited that I could rejoin with my long-lost main. However, at his release, he just didn't feel the same, with a lot of his moves feeling much slower with no power or damage compensation, so I didn't play him for a few months after my initial experiments with him in training mode. Then the buffs came along, and they fixed all the problems I had with him, so I naturally picked him up again. I now remember why I loved him in Brawl, as I feel a lot more comfortable with Lucas than any other Sm4sh character because his moveset works as a whole to create a fearsome competitor. Taiheita showing Lucas's true strength has just filled me up with more passion to keep improving, as have the various other Lucas players whose results have improved a lot recently such as JeBB and Kodystri. Call me biased, but I think he's better than Ness at this point in the meta game, as he has more consistently high results and a theory that has much more room to grow, greatly improving on Ness's weaknesses (recovery, neutral game) while maintaining his strengths (combo game and killing). I don't ever plan on dropping him, and I will always cheer for him in tournament. Yes, Lucas is indeed my bucas.

Last edited:

Azneli

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azneli
Sonic because I love the games (for the most part) and especially the character. Grew up with him and I feel like the character represents me. Also after years of maining Sonic in brawl I have to stick with him now especially since he is good in this game. Robin because I overall love the character in general and I enjoy his zoning playstyle and traps.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
In Brawl, I picked up :lucas: because when I was playing Subspace Emissary, he was the first character whose moveset really clicked with me. I don't know exactly what it was, but the combination of quick combo moves, slow kill moves, and my friends not abusing his extra long grab release animation helped the cause. But I was kinda scrubby back then, and I didn't really do too well with him. Nevertheless, he held a special place in my heart.

Then the :4lucas: leaks came around, and I got pretty excited that I could rejoin with my long-lost main. However, at his release, he just didn't feel the same, with a lot of his moves feeling much slower with no power or damage compensation, so I didn't play him for a few months after my initial experiments with him in training mode. Then the buffs came along, and they fixed all the problems I had with him, so I naturally picked him up again. I now remember why I loved him in Brawl, as I feel a lot more comfortable with Lucas than any other Sm4sh character because his moveset works as a whole to create a fearsome competitor. Taiheita showing Lucas's true strength has just filled me up with more passion to keep improving, as have the various other Lucas players whose results have improved a lot recently such as JeBB and Kodystri. Call me biased, but I think he's better than Ness at this point in the meta game, as he has more consistently high results and a theory that has much more room to grow, greatly improving on Ness's weaknesses (recovery, neutral game) while maintaining his strengths (combo game and killing). I don't ever plan on dropping him, and I will always cheer for him in tournament. Yes, Lucas is indeed my bucas.
Reminds me of when I first played :kirby: in Brawl. He just clicked with me for some reason, and that encouraged me to play some of the games in his series. Since then, Kirby's been my favorite Nintendo character and series beyond Smash. Sure, :4kirby: isn't that great, at least he's better than what the Kirby playerbase makes him out to be. Sorry, I just hate that playerbase sometimes.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:rosalina:- Super Mario Galaxy was an amazing game and the best Mario I've ever played since Super Mario 64. Rosalina became a character I grew so attached to after reading her charming, yet tragic storybook. I also loved her calm personality, design and the echo in her voice, which I think is the best feature she has. When she became playable in three of the Mario Kart games she appeared in, she was the only character I ever mained and only her. No one else. And when she was announced for Smash, I remember how very excited I was and my heart was pounding pretty hard at her reveal. It was the best thing that has ever happened to me since I graduated high school in 2010. Now that I finally get to play as my most wanted character in Smash, Rosalina will always be the only Mario rep I will ever play as. Since then, she became my favorite Nintendo female character ever and I will always carry that to my grave. I can die happy.
:4cloud:- When he was announced as a DLC fighter nearly a year ago, I grew interested in trying him out. When he came out, I played as him first hand and found that he's so much fun to play as and so I grew interested in playing Final Fantasy VII in order to get to know him better. Then I learned there's a remake of the game coming out for the PS4 so I bought it. Then I learned that the original was available for download on the PS Store so I got it cheap by redeeming a discount code that came with the console. I finally get to play it from beginning to end and...wow, it's such an amazing game with perhaps the best story of any game I've ever played. And so, I now have more reasons to play as Cloud, with the main reason being:
For Aerith.

Last edited:

R.F.

Smash Rookie
When I started playing Smash I picked up :4myfriends: because I saw a guy on Youtube use him and I liked how hard he can hit. I played quite a bit with him, but stopped at some point.

At the same time I also had :4shulk: in mind as a character to play. However, at the time I didn't really know how to use him and his weird Nair also felt offputting (due to being used to Ike's pretty good Nair). When I decided to give Smash another try I was looking for people on Youtube who play the game seriously which was when I found ZeRo's channel, who also occasionally plays Shulk when he feels like it, so I already had a better view on what to do with Shulk.

I have to admit I easily get drawn to difficult stuff, so picking up a character that is difficult to play was pretty much a given. Ever since then I've been playing :4shulk:, though, occasionally I like to fool around with :4myfriends: and :4feroy:, as well.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I honestly don't think I have many specific reasons why, really.

I used to be a massive Kirby main because he is who I played since the very beginning and also because I enjoyed the Kirby series; however once Smash U came out I guess you can say it was my "Turning Point". Instead of mindlessly playing Smash like I have all those previous years I began to want to learn and get better. Sadly, at the same time I began to drop Kirby while improving.

I actually went from Kirby to King Dedede. I find this strange because I absolutely hated playing King Dedede in Brawl, but now I enjoy him pretty well. He's heavy but has a decent-ish recovery compared to the other heavy weights and hitters. As for ROB I was interested in him the moment I unlocked him in Brawl. I'm a sucker for the Retro classics, hence why I also mained Mr. Game & Watch in Melee and in Brawl. Heck, I really wanted to main Duck Hunt and Pac-Man too, but I do kind of terrible with them both.

Lastly, there's Bayonetta who is also my current main. To be honest I've never played her games before.

The moment she was revealed though I was determined to main her, and even after the mega-nerf I'm still sticking with her. Her aerial style combos speak to me because my style is pretty aerial focused as well. To top that off, a friend recently pointed out that most of my mains have the common theme of having high recoveries, making it easier to get back onto the Stage.

They also at least have some sort of projectile they can use as well, and all of them fit into one section of the Tier List respectively.

Last edited:

Kane Tokagé

Smash Rookie
NNID
doctormario100
Back with Brawl, I used to use :pt: a lot. I don't know why, but I always liked how each Pokemon controlled in their own way, and how each of their attributes really make them stand out from one another, :squirtle: being a heavy damage racker, :ivysaur: the odd one out, but had some pretty cool moves like her D-Throw to Vine Whip string and :charizard: whom I liked to call the Sweeper of the bunch. The only thing that really ticked me off was that darn stamina system, which really drew people away from using him. But I still stuck with him, even out of :dk2:, :yoshi2:, and even :falco:, he became my main for Brawl. I always liked the bewildered reactions I get when I tell people I legitimately use PT.

Project M came and I immediately drew towards :charizard:, as he was my favorite out of the three, not only due to being my favorite 'Mon, but he was the one I handled the best. But my PM main became :dk2: after all. The improvements they gave DK were a lot more fitting for me than the ones they gave Charizard. Seismic Toss though... :love:

So for Smash 4, as I was getting used to its new physics and mechanics, I tried out my two big guys since I had a lot of experience with them, and at first, :4dk: was my main Kong. Then updates came into the mix, repeatedly buffing up :4charizard:, with better grab mixups and combos, less endlag, and more damage output, the 'Zard just flew right by the Kong, who also got some buffs as well. It made me happy to see a character whom I have been using since he was just 1/3 of a character become a character that would fit my play-style and become my main after all these years. The same applies to DK, whom I always enjoyed using since 64.

D

Deleted member

Xenoblade is one of my favorite games, and Shulk is a protagonist I heavily identify with. Besides that I enjoy his disjoints and his adaptability thanks to the Monado Arts. The Monado is probably the coolest fictional sword ever.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I main marth simply because i enjoy playing him. not too slow, not too fast, a decent character.

Pale Tuna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sdarian
Currently, ZSS due to her being a very good character. Quite simple, but I've always been stuck in the deemed "low-med tier" area so I thought I'd pick up a character that is viewed as high-tier and decently versatile. Plus, I have a bunch of Metroid merch so I felt it was necessary.

TheGulpingMonkey

Smash Rookie
NNID
GulpingMonkey
Reminds me of when I first played :kirby: in Brawl. He just clicked with me for some reason, and that encouraged me to play some of the games in his series. Since then, Kirby's been my favorite Nintendo character and series beyond Smash. Sure, :4kirby: isn't that great, at least he's better than what the Kirby playerbase makes him out to be. Sorry, I just hate that playerbase sometimes.
That is actually the exact same experience I had, with the same character and everything. I have since switched to Marth now with a pocket Kirby (for counterpicks) due to pressure at tournments to play higher tier charecters.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The story of me and King Dedede goes as follows:

"Playing Melee in like, 2004, maybe a few years off. Haven't ever played a Kirby game before, but I stumble upon some Kirby trophies while viewing trophies."

I thought to myself "A penguin king with a hammer! Looks awesome! I wish I could play as him..."

Come a few years later in Brawl and I get hyped the moment I learn he's playable in it. Same goes for when he's introduced in the SSE. He ends up being my main pretty quickly, not just because I liked his design and character (well, from what I knew of him, anyway.) but also because I found him EXTREMELY fun to play.

Even if he's not really among the "better" characters in Smash 4, I still really enjoying playing as him in this entry, too. I don't think I'm ever going to drop him as my main.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
The story of me and King Dedede goes as follows:

"Playing Melee in like, 2004, maybe a few years off. Haven't ever played a Kirby game before, but I stumble upon some Kirby trophies while viewing trophies."

I thought to myself "A penguin king with a hammer! Looks awesome! I wish I could play as him..."

Come a few years later in Brawl and I get hyped the moment I learn he's playable in it. Same goes for when he's introduced in the SSE. He ends up being my main pretty quickly, not just because I liked his design and character (well, from what I knew of him, anyway.) but also because I found him EXTREMELY fun to play.

Even if he's not really among the "better" characters in Smash 4, I still really enjoying playing as him in this entry, too. I don't think I'm ever going to drop him as my main.
I feel the same with Kirby with that last statement of yours. Sure, he's not considered to be one of the "better" characters, but I don't care about how good or bad a character is if I enjoy playing as them. Besides, Kirby has Copy Abilities, which makes playing him that much more fun.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Well kirby is just fun to play as in general anyways. His play style in smash i think represents him pretty well. Kirby is my 2nd main. And i gotta say, kirby has got some moves man. He's got combos. and not just the forward throw combos. I play a pretty aggressive kirby, and i gotta say it works great. But that's also how i play my marth sometimes. Assuming they arent playing mario. at that point i just use marths tilts because i find no fun in playing against mario players.

Pryze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Apollon1an
I picked up :nessmelee: in Melee because I had just recently beaten Mother 2 wayyyy back when. At the time, I was only ~9 years, so I had no concept of balance.

That carried over to Brawl, where I continued to use :ness2:. I didn't enjoy the first years of Brawl, so I jumped ship to Project M, as I enjoyed the unique 're-design' of sorts with Ness.

Then Sm4sh came out, and I'm still using the kid. :4ness:

Tl;dr - I love the Mother series and Ness in Smash, so I'm a Ness purist.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Well Id tell you why i main Lucina but I'm not about to bring that argument here. Instead, ill tell you why i play Marth and Lucina instead of just Lucina (because i do play both).

If you had to pick the most well rounded character, who would it be?
:4mario:? Good choice. Good weight, speed, and frame data. Nice projectile. Has a reflect and a good wind box move
:4link:? Probably not. Too slow and projectile based.
:4shulk:? I could see it.

But let's be honest. We all think of :4lucina: and :4marth:. Well rounded speed, damage output, kill potential.... and very few weaknesses. Most Marcina mains will tell you Marcina has maybe 7 bad match ups. That's because it's such a well rounded character that
1. Fits my play style
2. Provides me with something to do against eveything.
3. Covers my weaknesses as a player.

Also i like Fire Emblem and :4lucina: is my favorite fictional character.

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Bombs are a neat tool and my friend hates getting hit by my forward smash.

Arrei

Smash Lord
:4myfriends:: I liked Ike in Brawl because I was massively into Fire Emblem (which like many others was because of ol' Morth in Melee) and Ike held a special place as a Lord unit who was an absolute terror in battle. After trying him out, I came to love the pure force you could feel behind his attacks, especially in the sound effects his sword packed. Come Sm4sh, he didn't quite feel the same anymore, but when the buffs made him actually playable instead of the bottom-barrel trash he was at 3DS launch, I quickly settled in to using him again. Helps that Nair's FAFs were improved so hitting A as he tumbles over the ledge isn't an instant death anymore, that cost me so many stocks in those days...
:4bowser:: Bowser's Inside Story made me love the big lug, especially when the animation overhaul he received gave him not one but two dropkicks in his arsenal. I just wish he had his real roars and not the same weirdo dragon screeches he's had since Melee. What gives, Mashpotato? Where's my "SHOWTIME!"?
:4ganondorf:: It's Ganon. Everybody likes Ganon. Even people who don't like Ganon.
:4villagerf:: I'm not very good with Villager, but I just love axing folks and dropping trees on them.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
:4robinm:: Ever since I unlocked Marth in Melee, I've been a huge Fire Emblem fan since then. Why did I like Marth, you might ask? Well, I guess it's because he had blue hair, a sword, and a cape? I must've thought that was cool. So as the years went by, I began to buy and play Fire Emblem games. The first one I ever bought was FE11, or Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. I wasn't very good at the game, needless to say, but I still enjoyed playing it. After hearing about Awakening, I would make sure that I would buy it at launch date. And I did. I had to settle for a digital copy because all physical copies were sold out at where I was looking. Anyway, while most people played dress-up with their Robin, I kept to the default. I don't know why I did, but it's probably because how I like to settle for the most "canon" in games, like I did with Pokemon. I wouldn't name the protagonist after myself, but rather their default name. I also tried to assemble their most canon teams. I liked Awakening so much, that once I broke my original 3DS, I would get a 2DS. That broke too. But now I have a New Nintendo 3DS XL with a physical copy of the game. I also prefer Male Robin because he's far cooler than Female Robin. :cool:
tl;dr: Liked Marth in Melee, played Fire Emblem, got Awakening, dedicated Robin fan ever since.

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
I play a lot of characters. Like. A lot. So here we go.

:4mario: Come on, he's Mario. I like all-around characters in a lot of games, so I picked up Mario as soon as I got the game. Of course when I first got the game I spammed smash attacks and Super Jump Punch, but I've actually gotten pretty good (by comparison) with him since.
:4luigi: Down throw combos are awesome, and Super Jump Punch is satisfying to sweetspot.
:4peach: I just generally like characters with throwable items in their arsenal. And the fact that Peach can use her turnips for combos is awesome.
:rosalina: Love picking her against my friends and going to Battlefield. Then an up air or two and I win.
:4diddy: Again. Throwable items. Also top tier points. Not that those count for anything.
:4gaw: NINE!
:4jigglypuff: Two of my friends and I will often all play as Jigglypuff, and those matches are fun.
:4pikachu: One of my friends decided to pick up Pikachu, so I learned about him to show him the ropes.
:4villager: My friends and I all think Villager has a really fun moveset, so we all picked him up. I could go on and on about him, but Imma just leave it at that for now.
:4kirby: Just picked him up. Down air is an awesome move. Also copying. Can be useful, or it can be Luma.
:4bayonetta: How to annoy your friends in 2 easy steps. Step 1: Pick Bayonetta. Step 2: Combo them into the sky
:4cloud: Is it even possible to be bad at Cloud?
:4zerosuitsamus: Killing people at 60% off the top with an up-B is awesome.
:4lucario: My friends can never seem to kill the Lucario when one of us plays him. Then he builds up his aura and boom, forward smash at 30. You dead.
:4marth: Tippers are cool.
:4ness: Really easy to play. PK FIRE! PK FIRE! DOWN THROW. FAIR. FAIR. FAIR. BACK THROW. VICTORY
:4ganondorf: :4zelda: Beating your friends with bottom tiers is fun. :)

I think that's all of them.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
:4sonic: One of my favorite game characters, maybe even my FAVORITE.
:4pikachu: My very first Smash fighter.
:4falco: I like him quite a bit more than Fox. Also, I once tried to main him in Melee if that counts.
:4duckhunt: Literally the best retro character in Smash. Also takes me back to those two Looney Tunes shorts in which Bugs Bunny had to match wits with hunting dogs!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
:4megaman:: To put it simply: he's a lot of fun to use, his fighting style just clicks with me (I think all those Mega Man games helped) and most importantly, he's one of my favorite characters ever. I've been wanting to see some form of him in Smash since the SSBB days, when it was confirmed that 3rd parties would make an appearance.

Now I just hope that he will stick around for future Smash games.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I basically main G&W and R.O.B. for the super-lame reason that I just like them stylistically. No character loyalty involved, no prior history with the characters, I just like how they look and act. I mean, in one case, you have a 2-D monochromatic man who moves frame-by-frame and has an attack arsenal wider than Villager's, and in the case of the other, you have a robot that moves around and attacks with a giant rocket booster, shoots lasers from its eyes, and also has a top for good measure. I just like the uniqueness of both of them, not to mention retro is kind of my aesthetic.

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
:4mewtwo: from the moment I got my hands on his early release code. I didn't care if he wasn't good at the time, but I had finally found my character. The character I connected with. I absolutely love Pokemon and it has been with my since for as long as I can remember. I love the thought of having psychic powers and telekinesis, and Mewtwo fits so well into all the categories I seek-- good ground game, air game, and offstage game. Hearing his menacing laugh and the warped sounds of his Psychic powers makes me feel great.

MrSaek

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrSaek
I main Sheik because i have been playing her since Melee, and i don't plan on stopping because i enjoy the speed and the damage output i can have along with the kill setups that seem so little. I enjoy Sheik because she is fun, That's all to it.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I picked up :nessmelee: in Melee because I had just recently beaten Mother 2 wayyyy back when. At the time, I was only ~9 years, so I had no concept of balance.

That carried over to Brawl, where I continued to use :ness2:. I didn't enjoy the first years of Brawl, so I jumped ship to Project M, as I enjoyed the unique 're-design' of sorts with Ness.

Then Sm4sh came out, and I'm still using the kid. :4ness:

Tl;dr - I love the Mother series and Ness in Smash, so I'm a Ness purist.
This is pretty similar to my choice, though, I was using Ness particularly in Melee after Brawl was announced. He just felt right to me, and in Brawl, he felt better, though, most people still thought he belonged in low tier. I dropped Brawl, though, because of Marth's death grab and the grab releases every character had on him. I regret having stopped playing Brawl, but I continued to use Ness when Sm4sh came out. No other character could fit my playstyle like him. Of course, there are a few others I use, but in terms of mains, Ness just works for me.

LightCloud

Smash Rookie
:4cloud2: has been my main ever since the original FF7 came out, his characteristics and move set are amazing.
I actually played a series of games with him and found a lot of flaws in him that even made me more into the game because I can learn from my mistakes and recover better.
I enjoy playing him because of the LIMIT feature as well, Letting me set up trades or kills in a stylish way.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
:4lucina:
Well, for one, I really like Fire Emblem and Awakening was my first in the franchise, but she's also my favorite as well. It's her personality and story I love the most. She comes from a future ruled by Grima, and ends up finding a way to go back in time to save the future. She's a character that's put up with a lot in her life, losing people she's cared about to Grima, including her parents, but no matter what bad things happen to her, she's never given up, she's a source of hopes and determination fighting her way to a better future, which I relate to a lot. I've been through a lot in my life, but I have hope and determination that if I work hard enough, I will have a better future, helping both myself, and the other's I care for.

Top Bottom