• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Do You Main Who You Do?

PierceWantsToSmash

Smash Cadet
NNID
PierceSutton
I main Cloud cause...
1. His sword is a freaking guillotine on a stick (massive hitboxes)
2. Limit is a great tool. It leaves your opponent in panic making them make unwise choices.
3. Good amount of speed.
4. A little too good in doubles.
5. :GCCU:

JawshGray

Smash Rookie
I used to practice and play as Cloud a lot but I basically agree with you. Good taste, my dude.

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo has been one of my favorite Pokemon ever since I first got into the Pokemon series when I was very little. Was happy to see him get back into smash 4, but he wasn't a very good character. While I don't mind playing weaker characters at all, he just wasn't as fun. His mobility wasn't that great and he just had a lot of issues, that was until he got buffed. I decided to give him another chance and he stuck with me ever since. I just love how unique he is as a character, and just how technical he is.

D

Deleted member

I Main is :4zelda:
My Secondary is :4corrinf:

And i use :4pikachu:, :4drmario:, :4fox:, for fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMT~

Smash Cadet
My main is Duck Hunt Dog.

I tried G&W when I first played this game with my friends near release, and he didn't really click with me. So I figured I would try some characters I couldn't play in the other Smash games, and Duck Hunt clicked with me. I just love his trap-based, conditioning-heavy playstyle and ability to cover multiple enemy options.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Wii Fit has a lot of interesting things to play around with, the satisfaction of sniping someone off stage with the ball, or getting a spike with the header or forward air, so good.

Last edited:

DeNikSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShaltSaker
Cloud because he has a fun playstyle and I'm a tryhard :p

Lucina because I like her consistency and I don't wanna have to rely on tippers for kill confirms

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
I play Peach because she’s elegant, powerful and unique. She also has a very annoying taunt, and I’m the type of player who likes to get into her opponent’s head and frustrate them. Peach’s taunts allow me to do this.

Also, “Awwww, did I wiiiiiiin?”

Crazy456Rhino

Smash Rookie
:4sonic: - I main him not because I like the franchise (The Sonic games are okish, in my opinion.), but because I seemed to connect with him. If you play as different characters, soon you'll feel that connection. The one that says "This character is perfect for you." I was lucky to find it so soon. Before then, I tried maining Rosalina & Luma, Captain Falcon, and Kirby. If you're looking for a main, I suggest trying to be Classic Mode on an easy mode with every character. Soon, you will find that character. Trust me.

Lune Knight

Smash Rookie
Nothing special, I just really, really love :4dedede: as a character, and the Kirby series as a whole. While I greatly miss Brawl Dedede (I'd give anything to have his Brawl kit back), Smash 4 Dedede is still incredibly fun and satisfying to play for me.

LaZeldame

Smash Rookie
Playing as Zelda is really fun even though I suck with her. It's funny to me to be destroying the opponent and then mess up by accidentally using Din's mid-air instead of a side teleport and SD'ing. I love her but at the same time I hate her.

I also like to play as Peach and Marth

Marth because of :GCCN:

Iridium

Smash Hero
:4link: and :4tlink: because I love all aspects of TLOZ, and their combo games are very satisfying for me. I like being able to mix up defensive and aggressive play, which both can do fairly well to me. I play other characters, but I should explain in other posts.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Idk why exactly I main Peach and Zelda, they just click with me, there are a few others that do too (ZSS, Lucina/Marth, shulk etc) but most of the roster I just can't get the hang of, those no rhyme or reason as to which ones click either. Not to mention I like them as characters, which might be a factor in that

ZeppandonConfirmed

Smash Rookie
My main? :4rob:

I barely played as ROB back in Brawl, but I decided to play as him in Sm4sh and I just flowed with his movestyle. From the great combo game he has, to the annoying gyro that is good for edgeguarding, and his neutral air which is great for stopping you from being juggled. I've won a ton of matches with this robot, and I hope on winning more.

Iridium

Smash Hero
:4link: and :4tlink: because I love all aspects of TLOZ, and their combo games are very satisfying for me. I like being able to mix up defensive and aggressive play, which both can do fairly well to me. I play other characters, but I should explain in other posts.
In addition, I think my third main would be :4greninja:. I do like playing, well, :4marth:,:4fox:,:4metaknight:,:4megaman:,:4sheik:,:4shulk:,:4sonic:,:4lucario:,:4duckhunt:,:4falco:,:4myfriends:,:4pit:,:4darkpit:,:4zss:,:4zelda:&:4robinm:/:4robinf:, and I want to play :4mewtwo:,:4feroy:,:4corrin:(I like :4corrin:more than :4corrinf:, sorry), :4ryu:, and maybe :4cloud:(I guess you could say I could play the entire cast LOL). :4greninja: however was the first character in SSB4 I ever played, not :4link:, so while I have a strong bond with :4link: and main him, I hold a strong bond with :4greninja: as well, and I will have good memories of that day (he is just too cool, just look at him!).

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Main a character your fond of, even if he/she's low teir. Even if it is a low teir, you can still good good at that character.
I Main Mr. Game and Watch because I really like the Game and Watch games and i still win matches with him despite the fact that he's low teir

Keetblade

Smash Rookie
Jigglypuff.
I`ve seen very few people play Jigglypuff, being Mango and Hungrybox, and I wanted to do something new, so when people said Jigglypuff is bad, I just said "no lol im doing a bad character" Now, I think Jigglypuff is godlike, with those hitboxes, and some simple combos going to kills. Mechanics are pretty good, and it`s a overall good character, who can climb the ranks with more practice.

rupan

Smash Cadet
I like to main Falcon not entirely because of his flashy moves but because of what the people around me choose to main. Throughout the little time that I have played almost all my friends have moved on to spacies which I'm ok with but it kinda inspired me to not main a SS/S/A tier character and challenge myself with getting the most out of Falcon, finding multiple counters for these characters and pushing me to learn more than I intended.

D

Deleted member

I main Mario cause I love the Super Mario series, Super Mario Odyssey, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2. Are my three favourite games, and I always had a fondness for the plumber. That and his combos, ground game, and aerials are very effective easy to pick up and use character. So that's why I main him stuck with him ever since Melee doubt, that'll ever change.

Link? I enjoy his variety of weapons, plus he's a very effective and grea character who I wish. To get better with.

D

Deleted member

I Main:4sonic: because he can do a hit-and-run strategy
secondary:4samus: because it's charged blast is very spammable

Everything else in order by usage:4littlemac::4pacman::4greninja::4darkpit::4ganondorf:

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
Ganondorf is just my type of character in fighting games, the one that I find myself really comfortable playing as: the big, slow wardrobe that throws slaps so strong your whole family feels them. Seth and Hugo in Street Fighter, Tremor in Mortal Kombat, Big Band in Skullgirls, and so on. A giant, slow character with strong moves, low mobility, some grab-based special attacks and devastating basic hits.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ike. Been my main since Brawl, and I don't see that changing... ever. I've enjoyed every iteration of him so far. One of the few characters I just sorta clicked with.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
I use Wii Fit mostly because I thought she was stupid when she first came out and I wanted to play her as a joke. But then I started liking her a lot lot more because she’s kinda wonky with her hitboxes—although they frustrate the hell outta me sometimes—and it throws people off, which I like to do. Gotta stop spamming it, but her SunSalutation is great for catching rolls and landings which I like the most about her.

My secondaries are Gannon and Peach/Lucina. Haven’t decided about the latter.

Top Bottom