• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you main Piranha Plant?

KingOfKazoos

Smash Cadet
What made you want to main Plant?

It can be anything. Was it how unexpected he was? Did his gameplay click with you?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
The second her splash art was shown in the reveal trailer, I knew Piranha Plant would be one of my mains. These are the kind of characters in Smash I live for, it's part of the reason I ended up maining :ultduckhunt::ultdoc:.

Last edited:

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
He just looked so fun to me. I was lowkey having a character crisis before the game came out, but I wanted him as soon as I saw him.

Judgement

Smash Rookie
Maining him alongside Pichu, basically because he's great fun to play! But he also has a cool moveset you can really make your own.

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
Ptooie snipes are what I live for. Also he's adorable, slept on, and has a spike ball. Like D3. Not to mention......

He's a Plant. A Plant who flies. He has a pot, enemies die. Piranha Plant, he has no feeeeeaaaaar. There WILL be salt, when he's. top. TIIIEEEERRRRR!

Soyaccino

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
The second her splash art was shown in the reveal trailer, I knew Piranha Plant would be one of my mains. These are the kind of characters in Smash I live for, it's part of the reason I ended up maining :ultduckhunt::ultdoc:.
Do you find tier lists make you feel limited in terms of viability? I all too often settle on bottom tier fighters and end up in the GSP pits by way of More top tier fighters.

Superiorstar

Smash Cadet
ptooie is an awesome move and he's a funny character, unexpected but not unwanted (unlike corrin IMO) I'll continue to play him if he gets even more buffs and fixes to his kit.

D

Deleted member

Well I picked it up a few years ago at a friend's house before I really got into ssbu. Ever since, I really liked using it. The moveset is really fun to mess around with and I have had great fun messing with other players online. (They think that since plant is a low tier it'll be an easy win then I whoop them). Since it was the first character I picked up, I really liked it. (I went through a Mewtwo phase but that was before I got the plant DLC on my own)

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I don't main Plant, but I do play it a good amount. I agree that it's among the weaker members of the cast, but still a very fun and unique character!

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman

i wish it wasnt so "hopping" everywhere.

like frantic.

and comes across floaty. like. just doesnt move as a bouncing plant does.

seems a choatic on the loose "just a character".

'ntuff said.

inside thing. haha.

that means when you and someone else or others are clued in about a same thing.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I mean, it's not simply a plant. It's a monster plant. Frantic and feral movements make sense for it, and the slight floatiness does too, when you think about how sometimes they'd fly a little in the Mario games.

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman
I mean, it's not simply a plant. It's a monster plant. Frantic and feral movements make sense for it, and the slight floatiness does too, when you think about how sometimes they'd fly a little in the Mario games.

its true.

its just.

the floatiness feels as if not like mewtwo.

it feels like a limitation of the system. or inability to c

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman

its true.

but the floatiness feels unlike mewtwo from melee. a character who naturally floats.

it feels more like limitation of system or effort into character design.

its not a major complaint of mine for like a argument war. take it as you desire.

but its a nitpick of mine.

subject pertains to pirahna plant.

i kind of just wanted to start a new humor outro method.

its supposed to be the plants.

better than my original.

••side view | head turned to camera | calmly picks up vase | lets go••

Last edited:
Top Bottom