• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you main Lucario?

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
Although he’s not what I would consider top tier(although still high tier imo) I just feel like Lucario fits my playstyle best. Love his movement and comeback factor.

For any reason, if there are any Ultimate Lucario mains out there lol, why do you main Lucario?

NintenEdgyMan

Smash Apprentice
Although I don't main him, I like Lucario.

I like him because of the Lucario Movie which is the best and one of the only good pokemon movies.

I also like their aura mechanic because it makes them feel completely different to every character.

Tcansams

Smash Rookie
I'm really just starting out with lucario but i think i want to main him not only cause his movement is super crisp and the comeback feature, but he's quite simple has an option for most things and overall has a straight forward game plan

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
I'm really just starting out with lucario but i think i want to main him not only cause his movement is super crisp and the comeback feature, but he's quite simple has an option for most things and overall has a straight forward game plan
Although I know he’s not top tier, I main him simply because I love his movement especially in the air <3 among the rest of his moveset as well

Insistent

Smash Rookie
Ultimate is my first smash, and still dont really have a main, i played shiek, puff, wario,duck hunt, falco, rosalina and few other of that kind, so im not really good with any, however i recently started greninja, so far hes probably my best with only with few hours with him, probably because he kinda play like shiek, tried lucario, not doing much good, however so far greninja, lucario, shiek and some puff are my favorite, i wish i could improve lucario but cant seem to improve :/

Faelysis

Smash Rookie
NNID
johnlequebecois
I just love the feel as he gets stronger in a fight and has a good fighting/martial art style

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I mained him because I thought he would be top tier. Might be an idea for me to pick up a secondary now that the meta has developed, but one bonus about maining Lucario is he doesn't appear very often online, meaning a lot of opponents may not know the match-up.

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately Lucario is probably my worst character in this game, but when I play him I really love spacing around back airs and aura spheres. There's an interesting fluidity to his movement... slow fall speed, fast air speed, B-reverses ... watching someone like Tsu play him and zip back and forth with wavebouncing and b-reversing is very inspirational.

AlFox0912

Smash Rookie
Although he’s not what I would consider top tier(although still high tier imo) I just feel like Lucario fits my playstyle best. Love his movement and comeback factor.

For any reason, if there are any Ultimate Lucario mains out there lol, why do you main Lucario?
I presonally like his movement and the aura mechanic. The aura increase can make some great comebacks.

JoeZegers

Smash Cadet
I switched to Lucario from Incineroar due to me having problems with Incineroar (namely recovery and speed), however Incineroar made a comeback in my roster after some buffs. Anyways, about Lucario...

Lucario just fits my playstyle best. I also like his aura mechanic, and even though it causes problems for some people (which is why they consider him a mid-tier), I've never had Lucario let me down and he's never stranded me. Lucario forever.

Last edited:

JoeZegers

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately Lucario is probably my worst character in this game, but when I play him I really love spacing around back airs and aura spheres. There's an interesting fluidity to his movement... slow fall speed, fast air speed, B-reverses ... watching someone like Tsu play him and zip back and forth with wavebouncing and b-reversing is very inspirational.
Come on, buddy, you got this.

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
I main Lucario because he's my favorite Pokémon. I also like his aura mechanic where he becomes more powerful the more damage he takes.

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
I don't main him, but use him more often then a usual character. He just feels right, same as Bowser and Ridley.

AsrielDreemurr111

Smash Rookie

I main Lucario mostly because I'm a big pokemon fan and he's my favorite pokemon but also he's the only one I got skill with

Top Bottom