• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do the Dragons punch?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So I bring this up from time to time. From what I've seen I'm the only one in the universe who talks about this. In Smash, Min Min's Dragons are a long distance punching attack that, when charged up, shoot a tiny laser. In the game ARMS, Min Min's Dragons travel a short distance and shoot a giant laser.

They are extremely different. Now that begs the question. Why was this done? Certainly the Smash devs could have made the Dragon shoot a laser. But they decided too make them travel far and punch for the most part.

My theory? The Smash team wanted Min Min to have a stretchy punch attack to represent the spirit of ARMS. But in her home game, her standard ARMS don't do that. So they modified the Dragons so that thet can act like a standard punch. This is what I think. What do you think?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Because Spring Man got ROBBED!!! :4pacman:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
A character from a stretch-boxing game has gotta punch!

If Spring Man ever gets added to the next Smash game, he'll probably have a longer reach than Min Min.

Top Bottom