• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do some of my custom brstms glitch and crackle up on Brawl?

ICEing

Smash Cadet
I dont understand why some songs work perfectly and others dont. :( Can anyone explain to me why please?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Defrag your SD card. Search "defrag program" in Google and DL one.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
It cant be that. My SD card is quite new and alot of songs do work. Just some glitch a LOT

Using a Kingston 2GB SD Card
Exactly, defrag your SD Card. That's the definition of a situation where a defrag fixes the problem, Segtendo's right. It can be, actually

ICEing

Smash Cadet
So I searched on Google and got "Auslogics Defrag Program." Is that a good one? And Will defraging the SD Card delete the data I have on it?

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it's a good one. darksamus77 recommends it. *Thumbs up*
Also, defragmenting your SD card won't delete any data unless your SD card is terrible and near the end of its lifespan, and defragmenting it kills it or something.

What defragmenting something means is that it rearranges the data so all the file pieces are grouped together. The problem with fragmented SD cards are that, from what I remember of an explanation I heard, Brawl or the File Patch Code aren't made to search for fragmented pieces of data, so there's static because of... some reason I can't remember [probably having to do with extraneous data or something]. Of course, if I remember correctly. Can someone who actually knows explain it to me?

ICEing

Smash Cadet
So if I defrag, then get more music, will I have to defrag again? Or is it a one time thing? :0

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
So if I defrag, then get more music, will I have to defrag again? Or is it a one time thing? :0
It'll be good until it occurs with another song, which shouldn't be for quite some time...

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
And if defragging doesn't work (sometimes it doesn't) move all your data off, do a full format, and then move your data back in

Top Bottom