• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people often SD on purpose on their second stock?

1FC0

Smash Lord
I know that I am the best by far but at least try to do the best you can! For example, you could try getting my damage as high as you can before you get 2-stocked.

In addition self-destructs are my bane in Conquests with R.O.B. since my R.O.B. cannot lose on FG.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I think it's because they lost their last stock in some way that they considered "janky" or "unfair", so they SD on purpose on their second stock to end the game as quickly as possible.

D

Deleted member

Whenever it happens to me, They usually tell me after "spam much" or "No Fun". So in my opinion, its usually because they are salty or like the comment said above the way they lost their stock was unfair to them.

aarchak

Smash Ace
I always thought it was an "I quit" from salt. If you're playing ROB, I can see that happening often. Keep on going, let their salt empower you.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I think it's because they lost their last stock in some way that they considered "janky" or "unfair", so they SD on purpose on their second stock to end the game as quickly as possible.
I can see your point. My skill is so great that some might consider it to be unfair.
I always thought it was an "I quit" from salt. If you're playing ROB, I can see that happening often. Keep on going, let their salt empower you.
Yeah I thought about that a while ago hence I started using these:
salt-powered-r.o.b.png

They work great on FG.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Salt. If you're R.O.B., it's what you should expect. Keep on mining the salt.
Also sometimes I SD on FG out of respect for my opponent. It's like saying "OK, you're going to win anyway, you deserve it." But that's only in your case. Sometimes I SD when I'm destroying my opponent when I still have 2 stocks, also out of respect.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
A couple different reasons...

-They are bad

-They are mad

-They are bad and mad

-They have to suddenly leave I guess?

When I play Mario I usually fish for an early fair spike if it's a character I know can't recover even if I don't spike them down very far, lots of people still jump into it recovering unsafely over the ledge after I hit/throw them off, that gets people to leave usually.

Also when I play G&W and get an early dthrow -> [9] but I'd be mad too, but I'd still fight it out haha

Uffe

Smash Hero
A Sheik did that to me moments ago. They were spacing fine, throwing needles at me, trying to land a few good hits on me, and I ended up hitting the person with uair and then I went for a PKT2. They dair'd next to me, I'm guessing they were trying to hit me, and I killed them. They came out of the halo and SD'd afterwards. I don't stick around with people like that. PKT2 may be considered janky or unfair, but it's that strong for a reason. It actually takes effort to land. If it was weak, I'd never use it.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Cause you destroyed them and their feeble little minds couldn’t handle the utter humiliation you placed upon them and their cow.

Ardisan

Smash Rookie
They SD because of not enjoying a certain playstyle, SD because they feel they lost because what happend to them was jank and unfair, or because of irl situations such as a imprtsnt phone call or a controller in bad shape. Being a angery player just lets you never improve and is one of the most hardest challenges to overcome as a player. But aside from that, you see players farm these easily angered players online and I find that way more sad than getting angery over a video game. This is why I think controlled communication on any competitive game is a mistake unless its with friends.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
My playstyle is winning. It involves spamming a lot of not getting hit.
If all you do in spam, or include spamming in your so called “play-style”, then you’re part of the problem. Sorry not sorry, but that’s garbage playing. My god, people must hate playing with you if you just spam to win,

1FC0

Smash Lord
If all you do in spam, or include spamming in your so called “play-style”, then you’re part of the problem. Sorry not sorry, but that’s garbage playing. My god, people must hate playing with you if you just spam to win,
Sometimes I insert a little of refusing to lose between my spam of not getting hit, so I am not that much of a spammer. And besides that, both are legitimate tactics even when spammed.

Last edited:

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
I understand using the same move 3 maybe four times to get in close, but staying back and spamming or dodging just to use the some one or two moves is awful smh.

Top Bottom