• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people NOW care about Roy and Mewtwo?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
It's not ecchi because it doesn't actually show anything. It does, however, show that Pikachu loves to sneak looks. QUICK! Get him away from Peach and Zelda!
I think what I mean is that THAT kind of humor is everywhere in anime. It get's old.

Zylar

Smash Ace
I miss Doctor Mario, he had his own style seperate from Mario's.
I don't miss Pichu, although it was a little shock (No pun, and yes, very little shock.) that it didn't make the cut.
I miss Mewtwo, because of his awsomeness and moveset. Was expecting EPIC battes between Lucario and Mewtwo.
I miss Roy and his FIRES, oh yeah, sudden death fully charged nuetral b, good times, gooood times.

Basically it makes no sense to leave characters out especially when so many are coming in.
Too many future good times shattered. *sob*

Steelia

Smash Champion
I cared about Mewtwo...
:(

Haha, in any case, I was angry mostly because they take THE pokemon, the star of the first movie, the coolest pokemon ever IMO, and replace him with a dog who's not even a legendary when they could have easily kept him in and updated his moveset.

I am not amused. -_-
I hear that. I really don't understand what was up with that. Seriously, they NEED to release another Smash game. The whole point? To re-add Mewtwo back on the roster.
Yes, he's that important.

lol.

We forget that Japan is all that matters? Well, at least Charizard fans were appeased...
Well... Charizard's my #1 favorite Pokemon... but that still doesn't prevent me from complaining now, does it? ;)
Charizard may be my most coveted Pokemon, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's my most favorite Smashing fighter... or favorite Pokemon RPG Pokemon-in-Party Pkmn, either. Now, would I want him to be replaced by Mewtwo? No. Would I rather see both of 'em in? OH yeah.
What the Pokemon section needs is a little Legendary rep. I mean, the Legends are the ones whom are centered around in the games (with the exception of the 1st gen games). Lugia, Ho-Oh, Suicune, the Legendary Beasts, X.D.001 (Shadow Lugia), Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and even in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games (the 1st one had Deoxys as the cause of all the problems [accidental on his part]; and Darkrai being the main antagonist of the 2nd Dungeon games).
C'mON now, Game Freak. Get your flippin' act together and get Mewtwo back in the fray where he belongs.

woopyfrood said:
Guys, I just thought of a sure-fire way to bring back Mewtwo:

We have to give him his own internet Meme.
YES.
Roy has his fire (heh) . . . Pichu, Doc and Young Link don't really have anything related to them... but Mewtwo...
If Mudkip and Magikarp could be made into memes (so i herd u liek mudkips? ; Splash Attack!), then Mewtwo could surely put it off! Not only is he awesome... He also starts with an "M"! Score!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Roy won't return in SSB4. He'll be replaced by a new FE lord from a game that isn't currently out yet who will gain massive popularity.

Pika, Jiggs, and PT will return. A 5th gen rep will be added. The 5th and final slot for Pokemon will have Lucario and Mewtwo at each other's throats competing for it.

But really, Mewtwo never should've been cut in the first place. Mewtwo has an original moveset. Falco is a clone. Toon Link is a clone. Ice Climbers have no fans whatsoever outside of Smash. It's pathetic those other three characters made it while Mewtwo didn't. Pokemon deserves 5 characters far more then Starfox deserves 3. Starfox barely deserves 2, it's only because they had a last second clone added in Melee.

Sakurai said at one time he could've added one more unique character instead of the six clones in Melee. Picture if he added a unique moveset Ganondorf instead of the clones for a roster of 20, that means Falco never would've been a playable character. When Brawl comes around, Mewtwo returns and Falco doesn't return because he was never in it, and we have Ganondorf with an original moveset to boot. Two original movesets instead of two clones. A great trade, wouldn't you agree?

Sakurai said we'd enjoy the six clones more.

My ***.

kuro06

Smash Cadet
Roy won't return in SSB4. He'll be replaced by a new FE lord from a game that isn't currently out yet who will gain massive popularity.

Pika, Jiggs, and PT will return. A 5th gen rep will be added. The 5th and final slot for Pokemon will have Lucario and Mewtwo at each other's throats competing for it.

But really, Mewtwo never should've been cut in the first place. Mewtwo has an original moveset. Falco is a clone. Toon Link is a clone. Ice Climbers have no fans whatsoever outside of Smash. It's pathetic those other three characters made it while Mewtwo didn't. Pokemon deserves 5 characters far more then Starfox deserves 3. Starfox barely deserves 2, it's only because they had a last second clone added in Melee.

Sakurai said at one time he could've added one more unique character instead of the six clones in Melee. Picture if he added a unique moveset Ganondorf instead of the clones for a roster of 20, that means Falco never would've been a playable character. When Brawl comes around, Mewtwo returns and Falco doesn't return because he was never in it, and we have Ganondorf with an original moveset to boot. Two original movesets instead of two clones. A great trade, wouldn't you agree?

My ***.
You REALLY hate falco do ya? First off there's ALWAYS going to be some character or few that will have a similar moveset or physic..that's how its been in several fighting games. Second Falco changed a lot this game..sure he has similar specials but his style is completely different. Toon link had a good enough people to be requested..sure he's almost exactly like Link but he's an overall great character that's what should matter in the end instead of worrying if so-so has a the same moveset as the other.

Take a look at Dr. Mario..sure he was almost EXACTLY like Mario but some of his differences truly made him stand out as a amazing character. Sakurai likes oldschool characters that should be a given by now..that's how we got Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, and ROB..even though he's a Toy rather game character but you see my point.

There is no saying that Mario series gets five reps, or Pokemon gets 5 reps or Starfox should only get one rep..that's stupid. Lets say Sakurai did add a unique character...Why get rid of Falco Why does Starfox only deserve one rep in the first place?

But as for Mewtwo leaving your putting too much hate on Sakurai, Gamefreak has control over the pokemon not him. Lucario in my eyes should stay since we need more of the newer generation in the rooster, I myself whouldn't mind if Mewtwo coming back but since Mewtwo was cut in 64 for Jiggy and he was cut for Lucario..his chances of returning next game is slim.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman

My ***.
Well, There is no chance of him getting rid of the 12 original (Although, Ness WAS going to be removed in melee and replaced with lucas, but his game in Japan got delayed so he stayed)

Ganon does deserve to have a unique from CF since CF's too bad*** to have a mock-up of himself

And I feel the same for the 3 that made it AND Mr. G&W...
You can keep this 2-D thing that no ones even heard about before but you can't keep mewtwo?? Bull...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Actually, Mewtwo wasn't cut from Smash64. They just couldn't complete him in time, and their budget was to small. So he got into Melee. GameFreak is stupid for not realizing Mewtwo was always MEANT to be in the Smash series.

Grr...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ganon does deserve to have a unique from CF since CF's too bad*** to have a mock-up of himself
While I do agree that Ganondorf deserves an original moveset, Ganondorf does CF better than CF does. I loved Ganondorf in Melee, but he needs to be original

And I feel the same for the 3 that made it AND Mr. G&W...
You can keep this 2-D thing that no ones even heard about before but you can't keep mewtwo?? Bull...
Ice Climbers deserved to make it in. So did Game & Watch. So did Mewtwo. What do these three have in common? ORIGINALITY. Instead of keeping them all, in the end they decided to cut Mewtwo, and GameFreak and the Poke company have a say in this before Sakurai. He can only work with what was given to him. **** Lucario, lame piece of garbage. Worst Pokemon ever? Bottom five, no doubt. Mewtwo? Top five.

While we're here, I wouldn't have minded Toon Link so much if they tried to make him play like Wind Waker (no, the bombs don't count), and Star Fox should have either Falco or Wolf, not both, and thank god they chose not to put Krystal in. Fire Emblem deserves no rep in Smash at all, but we all know the rest of the world buys it regardless of its mediocrity.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Actually, Lucario is probably one of the few tolerable (see: remotely cool) from fourth gen.

Roihu

Smash Ace
While I do agree that Ganondorf deserves an original moveset, Ganondorf does CF better than CF does. I loved Ganondorf in Melee, but he needs to be original

Ice Climbers deserved to make it in. So did Game & Watch. So did Mewtwo. What do these three have in common? ORIGINALITY. Instead of keeping them all, in the end they decided to cut Mewtwo, and GameFreak and the Poke company have a say in this before Sakurai. He can only work with what was given to him. **** Lucario, lame piece of garbage. Worst Pokemon ever? Bottom five, no doubt. Mewtwo? Top five.
Have you seen the new Pokemon? Seriously.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Actually, Lucario is probably one of the few tolerable (see: remotely cool) from fourth gen.
True, but that is because his entire career was pre-planned, and they just crapped out on the other Pokemon.

However, Lucario still has some of the lameness that almost all 4th-genners have.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
1st gen > 3rd gen > 2nd gen > 4th gen

The Pokemon from the 4th gen are all so horribly random, especially if you count the extra evoloutions they added at the last second.

The only reason I'm attacking Toon Link is because he's a clone. I don't care if he's high tier, I could care less. He's less deserving then Mewtwo because he's as much of a clone as the characters in Melee were. Single most wasted slot in Brawl IMHO.

Starfox deserves 2 slots in Brawl, sure, not 3 though. Wolf is more popular then Falco and has a more unique moveset. It's only natural Falco should be the one to go. All he has is popularity in Smash already from Melee. IDC if he plays differently from Fox, Mewtwo is a LOT more different from Fox. The only reason anybody gives a **** about Falco in Brawl or him playing differently is his new chain grab any way, which isn't even suppossed to be in the game.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
1st gen was magical. I know how stupid that sounds , but it's true. 2nd was okay, although this is where the series started going downhill. 3rd gen can rot in hell. 4th gen is better than 3rd, but there are a crap-load of bad overbalancing the good.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Oh, yeah, the one 4th gen Pokemon that doesn't suck in some way is ROTOM...but even HE has been pissed on by the alternate forms they gave him.

Also: 1rst Gen > 2nd Gen > 3rd Gen > 4th Gen

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Oh, yeah, the one 4th gen Pokemon that doesn't suck in some way is ROTOM...but even HE has been pissed on by the alternate forms they gave him.

Also: 1rst Gen > 2nd Gen > 3rd Gen > 4th Gen
Are you kidding? Mow-tom is win.

4th Gen > 1st Gen > 2nd Gen > 3rd Gen.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna lie, ROTOM is basically the only Pokemon with multiple forms that's any good. Rather creative amidst the unoriginality of most of the rest of 4th gen.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Are you kidding me? All they basically did was take household items and tack ROTOM's face on it.

I like his original form because of it's simple design, completely devoid of all that stripes n' spikes n' dots bullcrap that plagues Pokemon today.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Are you kidding me? All they basically did was take household items and tack ROTOM's face on it.
It was a neat gimmick that actually worked, compared to the baby and new evolutions with ****-tastic designs or find the latest animal they haven't already made a Pokemon for. In some cases, they took the SAME animal and made new Pokemon out of it.

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
1>2>4>3>

when i first saw the poster without the name in 2002, i said "is that pokemon?"

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
1st gen was magical. I know how stupid that sounds , but it's true. 2nd was okay, although this is where the series started going downhill. 3rd gen can rot in hell. 4th gen is better than 3rd, but there are a crap-load of bad overbalancing the good.
Is that just nostalgia speaking? People thought Pokemon would be a quick-passing fad. Ten years later, it's still one of the biggest video-game sellers. They must be doing something right.

*not an attacking post by any means, just wondering what it is that is the "bad crap" these days.

kuro06

Smash Cadet
1st gen > 3rd gen > 2nd gen > 4th gen

The Pokemon from the 4th gen are all so horribly random, especially if you count the extra evoloutions they added at the last second.

The only reason I'm attacking Toon Link is because he's a clone. I don't care if he's high tier, I could care less. He's less deserving then Mewtwo because he's as much of a clone as the characters in Melee were. Single most wasted slot in Brawl IMHO.

Starfox deserves 2 slots in Brawl, sure, not 3 though. Wolf is more popular then Falco and has a more unique moveset. It's only natural Falco should be the one to go. All he has is popularity in Smash already from Melee. IDC if he plays differently from Fox, Mewtwo is a LOT more different from Fox. The only reason anybody gives a **** about Falco in Brawl or him playing differently is his new chain grab any way, which isn't even suppossed to be in the game.
It was kinda obvious that Toon link was going to be a clone some way another that was pretty much a given but that doesn't mean he's undeserving. He's a popular character both in smash and outside of it and had a pretty high pick in the character poll. Clones are stables to fighting games that's how it is there's going to be maybe a few characters that's going to have similar styles.

How come Starfox doesn't deserve 3 characters...you never really said anything about that and you seem to really target Falco a lot. Falco has been around since the start of the Franchise and next to Fox he's the main fighter of the team sure he's not as popular next to Wolf but he is a pretty popular character as well as a important one. Why are you making these silly comparsions anyways, yes mewtwo had an orginal moveset but you were bashing on the retroset not to long ago for not being popular enough and don't deserve to be in the character slot.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Personally, I'm rather fond of Darkrai of the 4th Generation... and I like the REGION of the 4th gen as well.

2nd > 4th > 1st > 3rd

HATED the 3rd Gen region... Too much water.
1st Gen... Ehh... Just feels rather small. Guess because I've already checked it inside and out with Red/Blue/FireRed. :p

Still, I don't mean to be a party pooper or anything, but let's... just... try to stay on the topic at hand, which is stating our [logical] reasons as to why we find offense to the cutting of the following promising/awesome characters:

Mewtwo
Roy
Dr. Mario
Pichu
Young Link(?)

Imma STILL sending stuff to Nintendo. For once, I actually included some petitions... Nearly 100 signatures for the Mewtwo-return-in-future-Smash-installment petition alone. Awesome. :D

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Is that just nostalgia speaking? People thought Pokemon would be a quick-passing fad. Ten years later, it's still one of the biggest video-game sellers. They must be doing something right.

the only reason that the Pokemon series is still big is because of the 1st generation.

cjrocker

Smash Ace

the only reason that the Pokemon series is still big is because of the 1st generation.
None of the 8 year olds who play Pokemon to death weren't around for the 1st generation. And the 4th generation broke records when it sold (iirc) 4 million copies in its first couple days of release.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Steelia, I just remembered something.

There's still a little bit of Mewtwo in the finished game. No, it's not that gawd-awful trophy.

You know that rumor that the fiery area in the Castle Siege stage was meant to represent Roy's area, but of course he ended up getting cut?

I've also heard that the cave part of Spear-Pillar was supposed to represent Mewtwo's domain.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Spear-Pillar was supposed to represent Mewtwo's domain.
I'd say it represents Lucario along with the rest of the fourth-gen. There really is no stage for Mewtwo. That idea of the three parts of castle Siege being for the three FE lords is a stretch, but not as much as Spear Pillar.

4Serial

Smash Lord
Personally, I'm rather fond of Darkrai of the 4th Generation... and I like the REGION of the 4th gen as well.

2nd > 4th > 1st > 3rd
disgusting
1st & 2nd > rest of them......
3rd one was weak, they went too far and made 4th, and they're gonna go further and make 8th.

also i hate lucario

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I'd say it represents Lucario along with the rest of the fourth-gen. There really is no stage for Mewtwo. That idea of the three parts of castle Siege being for the three FE lords is a stretch, but not as much as Spear Pillar.
I said HEARD, you fool. I'm not taking it as fact.

Top Bottom