• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people hate Greninja?

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Are you referring to "Better nerf Greninja" jokes? If so, that's a joke that I believe started in the early days of Smash 4, where Greninja was OP and received a series of nerfs over several patches. From what I've heard, Greninja players tend to be respected for their dedication to such a difficult character.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I don't know anyone who hates the character, seems to be very well liked from my experiences.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Greninja is one of the more popular characters in the game. People simply like the character (he's the best designed Pokemon in years IMO, the first design since Salamence that I have truly loved) and also his playstyle, flashiness and sensible power level. So not sure what you mean.

Flatmesa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flatmeysa
3DS FC
2191-8449-3854
I've never seen any hate towards Greninja, I guess you can count the "Nerf Greninja" joke as a act of hatred but it's also a joke. I haven't seen any negative bias towards Greninjas other than that.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
As far as I can tell nobody seems to have a problem with Greninja in Smash. He's an underdog with flashy combos and generally enjoyable to watch (when not camping at least) so at least in Smash he seems to be well liked.

Some people might have grown to dislike him because of how much focus Nintendo is placing on Greninja with stuff like Ash Greninja existing, but that doesn't have much to do with Smash.

TheYellowBlaze

Smash Cadet
Care to explain why you say people refer to Greninja with general distaste and hate? I haven't seen that anywhere

Top Bottom