• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do i suck with Top Tier characters?

Playb0y

Smash Rookie
Idk it seems that i only do okay with low tier characters like Dr Mario Kirby etc... I can atleast get one stock off some skilled player but if I try playing Cloud Diddy Sonic or Regular Mario i get completely trashed on...

link2702

Smash Champion
1. The opponents know the high tier matchups extremely well since they encounter more of those characters and less of the low tiers.
2. Some high tiers are difficult to play at the levels that truly make them shine. They aren’t like brawl metaknight in this game where any moron could pick him up and figure out how to do semi-decent at him, even bayonetta requires some training and competence to use her effectively when against a decent opponent. So when you don’t fully dedicate yourself to certain high tiers you’ll never be able to play them in the way that makes them so dangerous.
3. Some low tiers have easier learning curves to get decent at them. Granted they’re still low for a reason, and so while some might be easier to pick up than some high tiers, if the opponent knows the matchup and what few options that low tier has and how to exploit them, the low will still likely get wrecked.

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
The tier list is not a concrete entity. The only criteria is based on tournament wins, and if you want to be good with a certain character, then you can. There are good and bad characters, but you should still try to find which one suits you best. Don't blindly follow the tier list.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Tier lists only really apply to top/near-top level play.
If you're winning with low tier characters, then you're probably not at the point where you have to worry about tiers, since there's still other factors to consider like lack of matchup knowledge (which tier lists don't consider).

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Tier liste can also rely on hype, upsets, and kneejerk reactions. Play who you want and watch your opponents cry foul when they lose. Good luck.

Top Bottom