• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do I always get tryhards and lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubby_Squirrel

Cheerful, fat rodent
Switch FC
3618-6481-0607
There is nothing wrong with losing. The best thing you can do is to to keep playing and watching replays. Pay attention to what youre doing wrong. how you can improve on your play. Theyre not "try hards" theyre there to win, just as much as you are.
Take a look at the first post, not just the title. He's looking for FFA's but unable to get them.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I don’t get the term tryhard as an insult. I feel like it was made to make people feel better about losing. If I’m playing 1v1 competitive smash online of course I’m gonna try my hardest. I always want to win. What’s the point not to?

Like in sports if you don’t try your hardest you’re lazy and looked down upon but in video games you’re a “tryhard”. Some people just like to compete

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The term "tryhard" is only used by people who are jealous of someone who obviously put more effort into something than they did and get bested by them. OP is obviously salty that they're getting better players online and they're throwing around such a derogatory term to dehumanize their opponents. This thread should have been shut down forever ago.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A lot of it really comes down to entitlement issues. "I want things MY way and MY way only, and I want to ONLY WIN, but I don't want to put any effort into it!" That sort of thing.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
A lot of it really comes down to entitlement issues. "I want things MY way and MY way only, and I want to ONLY WIN, but I don't want to put any effort into it!" That sort of thing.
Exactly. It’s a really toxic attitude that the gaming community has created in general. Like I get stomped at CS:GO but I’ll still play it and I’ll still try to win and it doesn’t bother that people are better than me and trying to win. I still like the game and I like to compete even if I lose. Now that I’m 26 and don’t play sports anymore I channel that energy into games

Last edited:

Tubby_Squirrel

Cheerful, fat rodent
Switch FC
3618-6481-0607
The term "tryhard" is only used by people who are jealous of someone who obviously put more effort into something than they did and get bested by them. OP is obviously salty that they're getting better players online and they're throwing around such a derogatory term to dehumanize their opponents. This thread should have been shut down forever ago.
Because they're trying hard and you're not?
Are none of you reading the first post?
I even set my rules to 4 player and I still get 1v1s
He is not upset about losing to people who are better than him, he is upset for this reason. You have to actually read the opening post and not just the title...

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Are none of you reading the first post?

He is not upset about losing to people who are better than him, he is upset for this reason. You have to actually read the opening post and not just the title...
Ok then he doesn’t have to complain about “tryhards”, a word that obviously creates toxicity and shouldn’t even be in the gaming venicular

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If you want to play four player matches I recommend using the arena system for better results. Create your own lobby with your own rules or search for a public lobby to join.

Last edited:

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand. Is try hard a bad term? When you say "try hard", I understand it as "someone who puts more effort into the game than me".
You can't expect people to get bad at the game, you have to get better.

I mean, I am a try hard. I sometimes play 15 matches in a row against someone who destroy me and rematch until I beat him. That's being try hard and I don't feel like it's bad.

If you just wanna play casual, and not learn any techniques or improve, then you really don't have the right to complain.

Tubby_Squirrel

Cheerful, fat rodent
Switch FC
3618-6481-0607
Ok then he doesn’t have to complain about “tryhards”, a word that obviously creates toxicity and shouldn’t even be in the gaming venicular
That post, was admittedly a little immature of me, and I have been kind of bias. You're right in that he could have used less agressive wording in his complaint.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
You could play a game called Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS, where they have online modes called For Fun and For Glory.

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
Tryhard also means someone who puts to much energy in a task for a person who sees smash just as a entertainment to past the time with watching someone who fights using frame data makes it look like their trying to hard.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tryhard also means someone who puts to much energy in a task for a person who sees smash just as a entertainment to past the time with watching someone who fights using frame data makes it look like their trying to hard.
That just means the person complaining is just being needlessly judgmental.

InfiniteRE

Smash Cadet
I personally enjoy playing against tryhards. If I have to get beaten down 200 times to get better then so be it. For the ones who complain about it, online is probably not a good thing for you.

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
That just means the person complaining is just being needlessly judgmental.
Everyone is needlessly judgmental even the ones the who complain about others complaining that's why we have words like noob, scrub, tryhard and other labeling words to put on things we like or don't like.

Urmomsnult

Smash Rookie
I agree with you 100%. Every online match I get put into the other player's always a sweaty tryhard and never stops hitting me. I rarely get a time where I can actually do damage and it's not fun at all when it's literally every single match I join

*And all the keyboard warriors in your replies who are telling you to lower your salt level or to stop using the term "tryhards" (because it lowkey upsets them) are the ones who won't stop spamming aeriels on you and play this game 24/7 like it's their life

paxbellator

Smash Rookie
I can’t have fun in this game. I always get some stupid try hard who just better than me and constantly spams aerials and there is nothing I can do. I even set my rules to 4 player and I still get 1v1s just because I’m in elite smash. It’s just not fun losing over and over to some sweaty chrom player and getting salty over it
No Johns, but I agree. The GSP system is a joke. Mine never drops to a point where I have a competitive match. I always get **** whipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom