• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do all specials damage Pichu??

shboke

Smash Journeyman
I understand that electric attacks hurt Pichu, but am I the only one that is bothered that skull bash and quick attack(non-electric moves) damage Pichu???

<3

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Pichu puts a bit of electricity into those attacks for a bit extra damage... and it’s a bit masochistic I guess.

Last edited:

soyperson

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6207-2383-9806
Lmfao Pichu is a baby cmon man!
exactly! Since Pichu is a baby, it doesn't know how to control itself as well as Pikachu, so its attacks are considerably more reckless, and slightly more powerful. Think of it like Deku from Hero Academia.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Pichu has way too much special attack for its own good so it hurts itself sometimes in recoil damage.

It can KO almost the whole cast at like 80-ish%. That thing's got 252 Modest for sure.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Quick Attack hurts every character in the game. Quick Attack does damage in the Pokemon games too. Pichu is not immune to normal moves in Pokemon. So why would getting hit by Pikachu's Quick Attack not hurt Pichu?

What I do find really weird though is that Pichu's own Agility hurts him. Agility is a Psychic type move and according to the Pokedex Pichu hurts himself with his own electricity. But Agility should not involve electricity! Same goes for Skull Bash except it is Normal type instead of Psychic Type.

Maybe Pichu huts himself with those moves because Pichu does not know about those move's types and therefore does not know yet that Skull Bash and Agility are not supposed to hurt him.

Top Bottom