• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose your signature that you have now?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
This topic is the counterpart of the profile picture topic: https://smashboards.com/threads/why-did-you-choose-your-profile-pic-that-you-have-now.395254/

While I'm not opposed to :ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy: being shipped romantically, I do wish that there were more people out there who see them as platonic BFFs. And if Nintendo officially characterized the two of them as BFFs, I'd be just as hyped as I would be if I got my most wanted.
My signature is my way of making this dream known, complete with an accompanying "dance off" screenshot!

Now I'd like to hear about how you all came up with your signatures!

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Uh, I like Haikus, and I was particularly addicted to Dead by Daylight while writing... And I also didn't know what to do. I want to eventually change it, I just don't know to what.

wizfoot

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7677-1915-7484
This is the only forum I can put images in my signature, and I wanted to show off my favorite characters.

Meanwhile I'm the opposite of you two, my reliance on Inkling makes me a bit of a one trick pony...
Same here but with Ganon and Seffy. I'm decent enough against friends but if they figure out what I'm doing and I don't figure out that they've figured out what I'm doing I'm ****ed.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Someone from either this forum or another site I used to frequent many years ago made it for me to go with my name. The quote is one of my favorites from Futurama (God says it to Bender when the two meet).

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
The quote is one of my favorites from Futurama (God says it to Bender when the two meet).
Over on GameFAQs, I'm friends with a user called Oil_Panic, he has that quote in his GameFAQs signature. I guess great minds think alike!

Minix0

Smash Apprentice
My old sig I made because although I never really liked this site, I came to admire it after despising r/smashbros after like a day tops lol.

New one is self explanatory. Always wanted to make comics and I'm gonna launch my first this summer.

SSb64champ

Smash Cadet
when i used to use smashboards in 2009-2010, there was a thread in the ssb64 section about top 64 players and s2j(he used to play 64 online) would bring up melee in the discussion like it mattered, i thought it was funny so i sigged it .

ps: i dont find it that funny anymore and will probably change it

Last edited:

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Mostly because I want to show off my character Tougou, and I really like checkered backgrounds.

I need to make a new sig though...

(I just realized its down, fug.....)

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
This topic is the counterpart of the profile picture topic: https://smashboards.com/threads/why-did-you-choose-your-profile-pic-that-you-have-now.395254/

While I'm not opposed to :ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy: being shipped romantically, I do wish that there were more people out there who see them as platonic BFFs. And if Nintendo officially characterized the two of them as BFFs, I'd be just as hyped as I would be if I got my most wanted.
My signature is my way of making this dream known, complete with an accompanying "dance off" screenshot!

Now I'd like to hear about how you all came up with your signatures!
I mean :ultinkling:and:ultinklingboy: can be literally any Person in Existence so they can be Either Lovers, Enemys, Friends or Stangers!

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I mean :ultinkling:and:ultinklingboy: can be literally any Person in Existence so they can be Either Lovers, Enemys, Friends or Stangers!
Strangers would kinda be a missed opportunity though, there are so many heartwarming moments that Nintendo could write with them if they wanted to make a Splatoon movie/TV show. Them being enemies is even worse, it's already bad enough that certain parts of the Pokemon fanbase are allergic to the idea of rivals being friends

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Strangers would kinda be a missed opportunity though, there are so many heartwarming moments that Nintendo could write with them if they wanted to make a Splatoon movie/TV show. Them being enemies is even worse, it's already bad enough that certain parts of the Pokemon fanbase are allergic to the idea of rivals being friends
Im more saying that they can be any IRL Person theyre avatars also them being (friendly) enemys is sorta the case after all they have diffrent colors!
For Example i basically look like Default Inkling Boy while my archnemesis creates a Char that looks like Default Inkling Girl then we go online and exclusivly pick diffrent teams that would make them Enemys! Same With Strangers there are Tons of Default Inklings in Splatoon 1 and i dont know any of them!

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Im more saying that they can be any IRL Person theyre avatars
That doesn't mean Nintendo can't create fleshed out characterisations that use these designs: the same thing that they've done with multiple Pokemon protagonists

also them being (friendly) enemys is sorta the case after all they have diffrent colors!
For Example i basically look like Default Inkling Boy while my archnemesis creates a Char that looks like Default Inkling Girl then we go online and exclusivly pick diffrent teams that would make them Enemys!
Competing against each other as rivals isn't the same thing as being enemies that outright resent each other

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Its both my most wanted aswell as a subtle plug with Videospiel-Man btw on of my resolutions is finally to publish the German Version next year!

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I made a slight change to my signature for the upcoming Splatfest. (I also changed my profile pic to fit the theme)

Last edited:
Top Bottom