• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose your profile pic that you have now?

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Because I was looking for good Sonic Fan art, and found Merlina in a mixture of her normal and Dark Queen Form. Thought it was very beautiful and decided to use it. Though thinking about going with Merlina in a Sonic cloak later on.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I find myself using Roll as an avatar on nearly every site or platform I go to.

HillustratedJ36

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MIKE#274
Well, to answer your question, I came across a simple recolor of Luigi's blue alternate costume that made the blues on his shirt and cap a more darker blue and I actually liked it more.
I then took a screenshot in Dolphin during the VS screen in Classic Mode and cropped it to focus on Luigi.

I find myself using Roll as an avatar on nearly every site or platform I go to.
Imagine getting another Mega Man stage in Ultimate, based on Mega Man Legends, and Roll Caskett is in the background...
I've played a bit of the first game, but didn't experience much as it was on a relatives' PS1, and they did not own the second game.
Dang Capcom cancelling Legends 3

Daladex

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
Fox#1
My current profile picture is my personal custom Melee Fox skin that I made when I embarked on my journey of texture hacking.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Because I loved Three Houses, Byleth is my favorite addition from the first Fighters Pass, and the art is, quite simply, god like.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Easy, Terry Bogard is one of my favorite characters and I've always wanted a profile pic that showed a character I liked so it was easy to find some Terry icons and pick one to represent myself. :)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Because it's my logo, and my logo is badass.
I actually traced it and fixed the jagged edges, but so far, that one's only in black and white.
2020-09-03_014574.jpg

I got a friend of mine converting this to a pure digital image, and coloring it properly, which is just red.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm a simple man. I like me some robots, I like me some pumpkins.
When the season's over I'm changing it to a new picture of Silver since he's my favorite fictional character.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I picked this one because it's Halloween, and I wanted to go with a Michael Myers mask. (also, I shamelessly stole a joke from Baby Driver)

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Originally it was this

(just the top, head)
however, someone on a "rate the avatar above" thread said it was too pixely. So, using these images
head
torso
leg
I did an extremely scuffed version of the pic above in MS paint (I'm cheap) and made this. I said it was going to be a placeholder, but knowing me I'll probably keep this for 2 years until I remember "wait, this was temporary."

As to why this, idk it was the first thing I came up with.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Finally started to feel that Spooky Season feeling, so I changed my avatar to match. Pumpkin Sonic is pretty snazzy if I do say so myself.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Despite thinking the second half was extremely messy, I actually enjoyed Darling in the Franxx and really liked Zero Two as a character.

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
I just like Sayonara Wild Hearts, lol. Plus the theme of one of the levels that features these guys is one of my favorite songs

QQS

Smash Lord
A fan made SMRPG sequence where appears Geno in a Forest. Nice art and my best memory about Geno when I was a kid playing as him back in 1997.

By the way, Geno is joining the Party! 100% sure!

GENO AWAKENS!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
My favorite (and most Nostalgic) Version of Link (i played Oracle of Ages/Seasons)
Remade and les pixely still i wish his art would also fearture diffrent Swords/shields

Top Bottom