• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl's Roster Sucks: An Ultimatum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
My final point is the assist trophys. They just take space, too. Space which could be used for maybe two more characters, like Lyn or other females. And why did we get that many male characters? I want more girls with tight Suits, light clothing like Krystal or maybe some which you can look under the skirt!:mad:

That's just my opinion, I hope you understand my English. Please correct me if there are any grammar mistakes.^^
My hate for you is manifested in my desire to put my fist through you like the mother****ing fist of the north star.

Honestly, seeing page upon page of people BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWing and RAGEing endlessly, I NOW UNDERSTAND WHY SAKURAI WENT ALONG WITH FRIEND CODES: SO I WOULDN'T EVER HAVE TO RUN INTO PEOPLE LIKE YOU ONLINE WHILE I'M ENJOYING BRAWL IN 5 YEARS.

**** you all. You wonder why the mods don't post in the Brawl forum much anymore? It sure as **** ain't due to spoilers anymore. I'd get tired of this **** real quick, myself.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
This is quite possibly the worst you-know-whatstorm I've seen since /b/day. This is an ultimatium to both sides.

Get.

Over.

Yourselves.

Seriously now, the anti-roster people are making themselves into strawmen with their ****ery and the pro-roster people are just fanning the flames. Rational discourse is being met with rabid flaming and general stupidity just because a fancollecitve's every whim wasn't met. Both sides are devouring themselves like an Ouroboros of fail and negativity, killing the board. This is madness people, trivial madness.
I'm going to try and follow up, if I may.

This is just a game, you guys. All of you, even those who are indifferent or adjusting to Brawl's roster count and so forth, need to take a deep breath and not get so absorbed into the final product. Several people in this thread have already tried to patch things up but it seems several still refuses to listen and go to either extremes.

Seriously, get over yourselves. If you're going to complain, don't buy or play the game. It's stupid. You want your favorite character in a game, go buy that game or become a creator yourself and see how Sakurai felt.

And forget the polls. Whoever brings that up to justify Krystal, Geno or Ridley as a playable character needs to come back to reality. The poll was there to measure what he can use but it's not only up to Sakurai to determine who's in, but the entire executive staff.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to try and follow up, if I may.

This is just a game, you guys. All of you, even those who are indifferent or adjusting to Brawl's roster count and so forth, need to take a deep breath and not get so absorbed into the final product. Several people in this thread have already tried to patch things up but it seems several still refuses to listen and go to either extremes.

Seriously, get over yourselves. If you're going to complain, don't buy or play the game. It's stupid. You want your favorite character in a game, go buy that game or become a creator yourself and see how Sakurai felt.

And forget the polls. Whoever brings that up to justify Krystal, Geno or Ridley as a playable character needs to come back to reality. The poll was there to measure what he can use but it's not only up to Sakurai to determine who's in, but the entire executive staff.
I openly hated diddy kong and sonic and lo and behold theyre in the game..... not mach rider or black shadow or black knight or ryu and I'll still play the **** out of it eventho ganondorf looks like a robot while walking

Kittah4

Smash Ace
My animosity to the 35 Roster was overwhelming enough to the point where I actually physically became stressed out over it. Then I had an epiphany while watching gameplay vids. I realized Sakurai knows what he's doing. This game will be excellent, it has a soundtrack that will go unrivaled possibly for a decade. It has 35 selections and more movesets.

Sure, it also has some rehashing among moves and such. Sure theres no staff, spear, axe, or other weapon users, just swords and fists mainly (and a few hammers). Sure some series got "underreped" and Fox, Falco and Wolf became the new Mario, Dr. Mario, and Luigi.

However, I want you to tell me you can't find at least five, if not ten characters you're absolutely dying to play. I'm through hating and stressing on the creative aspects. At least on the music side, Sakurai has made my dreams come true several times over with things like Mona Pizza, Team Galactic Battle, and Waluigi pinball.

Most surprisingly, it looks like ROB will be fun to play and a startlingly unique character, instead of a gimmicky joke character like game and watch still appears to be (don't hold it against him though, he's still cool).

This game will rock out loud and own me for years, and I hazard to say it won't ever be topped until Sakurai is able to take up the development torch once more.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
There is no doubt Brawl will be good, but if you look at some aspects of it, it looks like an upgrade of Melee. Could more characters have covered that? An interesting idea I had was to add a customizable special move to each character. So, Link has the Ball and Chain, Mario has Star Bits, Luigi has the Poltergust, e.c.t. I can't wait to see that update on the SSB4 Dojo...

Now that I have calmed down a bit, I realized that Smash will keep me occupied for years to come. It's pretty much improving on the Melee experience which on it's own could have kept me occupied easily for 6 years to come.

P.S. Here's to Brawl, and hoping for a Smash Bros DS!

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
i like the roster but i hate the fact that there are more clones and there are no more 3rd party characters,i wanted Bomberman.....anyway Masahiro Sakurai broke 4 promises First he added clones then he didn't put 3 3rd party characters and the roster size sucks...35?and female characters,seriously is this game sexist?against feminism?cause i haven't seen a ''WARNING CHARACTER APPROACHING'' without facing a female character under it, i mean even Melee dosen't have unlockable female characters! female players are not happy with this..but the roster made me like,they could have done better!

Gewaldro

Smash Rookie
My hate for you is manifested in my desire to put my fist through you like the mother****ing fist of the north star.

Honestly, seeing page upon page of people BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWing and RAGEing endlessly, I NOW UNDERSTAND WHY SAKURAI WENT ALONG WITH FRIEND CODES: SO I WOULDN'T EVER HAVE TO RUN INTO PEOPLE LIKE YOU ONLINE WHILE I'M ENJOYING BRAWL IN 5 YEARS.

**** you all. You wonder why the mods don't post in the Brawl forum much anymore? It sure as **** ain't due to spoilers anymore. I'd get tired of this **** real quick, myself.
The last part of my post was ironic, it wasn't meant to be funny, an ordinary guy would have understood it, but when I read your post I notice your brain is way to small, to get it. If you play online, the chance of meeting me is very small. And even if we do, you wouldn't it's me, because the online play is anonymous! next time think before posting.

@MFZ95 I think so, too. Sakurai said he wanted to give clones more individual moves, but what I read about Ganondorf proofs the opposite. He just got 1 new move and the other attacks are still the same ones like in melee.

LuisMa316

Smash Cadet
i like the roster but i hate the fact that there are more clones and there are no more 3rd party characters,i wanted Bomberman.....anyway Masahiro Sakurai broke 4 promises First he added clones then he didn't put 3 3rd party characters and the roster size sucks...35?and female characters,seriously is this game sexist?against feminism?cause i haven't seen a ''WARNING CHARACTER APPROACHING'' without facing a female character under it, i mean even Melee dosen't have unlockable female characters! female players are not happy with this..but the roster made me like,they could have done better!
Bomber man was up to hudson not sakurai.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
A) A lot of the people on these forums should probably be banned for excessive whining. It would greatly improve the quality of discourse.
B) You will most likely enjoy playing Brawl. Your whining about characters notwithstanding, the reality is that it is most likely a fun game and there is no reason they needed a 50+ character cast; indeed, a 50+ character cast would almost certainly mean a lot of broken/terrible characters. 37-39 characters is already a lot.
C) This is a game, we play it for fun. Random people will pick it up and not be like "Oh, it sucks that <obscure/irrelevant character from pet francise X> isn't in this game"; they'll be like "Oh, wow, I can beat up Snake with Mario!".
D) Who were the notable omissions? Mewtwo is not as important as Pikachu; any pokemon beyond Pikachu is bound to be random. We've got representatives from the most important Nintendo francises plus several random characters and the awesomeness that is Sonic and Snake. I mean, you go down the list of famous Nintendo characters, all of the top ones are in. I don't know who Ridley is, but I know who Samus is. I know who all the major Zelda characters are. ect. Why the complaints?

Basically, they included characters they thought would be fun and interesting, and that is all that should be asked for. If you don't like it, quit whining about it. Just don't buy the game if you disapprove so strongly.

But of course you don't. You're just whining for the sake of whining. Whining about the cast is pointless; its a fine cast and is +11-13 larger than that of SSBM, and more than three times the cast of the original game. We get about +12 characters per game, and that is a LOT of characters to add; if they're all cool, then that's a good game, and if they're all balanced, that's an amazing one.

Its not like they limit the cast to spite you. They limit it for good reasons. Quit your whining. This is as many characters as was reasonable to expect, and the cast inflation is getting a bit crazy.

Also, as for those of you saying this will be the last Super Smash Brothers game: you're wrong. There will be another one for the next system, ect. There are many things Nintendo does and does not do. Nintendo will never just let a successful francise go. Seriously. This sold 500,000 copies on DAY 1. There will be another Smash Brothers game someday. Nintendo will never let it die until it no longer sells. How many Mario platformer games are there?

Best101

Smash Ace
The only problems I have with the roster is WW Link and Pokemon Trainer. Other than that everything about the game is more than perfect.

Crazy Chaos

Smash Cadet
the reason don't quite like it is because they promised us 40+ characters and no clones honestly whats up with THAT! >:( the only GOOD unlockable characters are Lucario and Sonic relly and the only good newcomers would be PT, Meta, and Olimar. AND NO MEWTWO OR KAMEK OR BLAZIKEN OR DRY BONES OR NOXUS OR ANY OTHER HUNTER :mad: I am extremely dissapointed im worried that I might hv wasted a few years of my life waiting for this game :(

maxieman

Smash Ace
the reason don't quite like it is because they promised us 40+ characters and no clones honestly whats up with THAT! >:( the only GOOD unlockable characters are Lucario and Sonic relly and the only good newcomers would be PT, Meta, and Olimar. AND NO MEWTWO OR KAMEK OR BLAZIKEN OR DRY BONES OR NOXUS OR ANY OTHER HUNTER :mad: I am extremely dissapointed im worried that I might hv wasted a few years of my life waiting for this game :(
he never promised ANY of that. I hate how misinformed people are on a board thats been telling you what he actually said for MONTHS! Also, how could you have wasted time waiting? you must've done something other than sat at your computer with your thumb up your *** for all this time. I don't even see how you could say pit, wario, snake, Dedede, etc. aren't amazing additions?

WindD

Smash Rookie
Wow, I am also disappointed they didn't add my mom and my dog so I could characters I know. PT is almost equal to three different characters with different movesets. Yeah they're lazy.

Look at SSE, and stop whining. My mom isn't in the game and your mom isn't the designer so it doesn't matter how much you whine. The game is done. It looks awesome and if you guys won't be enjoying it then good. Less people lagging the online match making.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Contradiction!

The Brawl roster sucks because it has worthless characters like ROB who could've been replaced by someone better.

:)

How dare you insult R.O.B.!! Have you seen him fight? He looks so ****ing awesome!!

ROB's Fs does 143% damage, or more, thats so bad***.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I am also disappointed they didn't add my mom and my dog so I could characters I know. PT is almost equal to three different characters with different movesets. Yeah they're lazy.

Look at SSE, and stop whining. My mom isn't in the game and your mom isn't the designer so it doesn't matter how much you whine. The game is done. It looks awesome and if you guys won't be enjoying it then good. Less people lagging the online match making.
Seriously, how many more times must I point this out?

People thinking the roster sucks =/= People thinking the game itself sucks.

Another thing:

I love how before this roster was confirmed, many people hated it and flamed at the idea, now all of sudden everyone loves it. Seems you are the ones in denial, not us. >_>

WindD

Smash Rookie
It's not perfect and there are insane characters I'd like in like people from the Ogre Battle series. I just realistically realize that I'm not going to be able to play as Magnus Galant and I'll trust that the developers and directors of the game probably fit as much as they reasonbly could that a decent amount of people would care about(...in Japan).

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Has it even occured to anyone who likes this roster is trying to act supreme? and saying people who are complaining immature?

I hate this roster, I think it's horribley made, R.O.B? You kidding me all you R.O.B fans dissapoint me. He looks like a freaking toy. O_O

Toon Link is a exact clone, he is not Luigi-fied. Wolf and Falco are also semi clones. Of course just cause they changed the movement a little and colour of the attacks or form of the gun and blast their not a clone? No, to me a clone is a character based off of another character Wolf and Falco are semi-clones.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Brawl's roster doesn't suck because of clones or because there's only 35, which is a good number IMO. It sucks because they worked on the game for about three years and there are still some characters who are just wasting space.

Wolf: We already had Falco. Why not add that Krystal character since she's a girl and wouldn't end up ripping a moveset from the original space animal? If they wanted to add another villian, why not K. Rool? At least he doesn't look a DK clone.

Lucas: So, a series that nobody cares about gets two reps while Metroid and F-Zero only get one? I don't hate Lucas, but I don't like the fact that they kept Ness, who I deeply hate. Just one or the other.

Olimar: Better characters could have made it in instead of him. And no, I'm not talking about ******* off-the-wall characters that a 2% chance of making the cut like Geno, Blaziken, Tom Nook, Toad, Bowser Jr., Tingle, Balloon Fighter, Rayman, and Miis (I'm laughing my *** off at anyone who supported Miis).

R.O.B.: Who? I have never even heard of this guy. All I know is that Game and Watch was already the resident old-school joke character.

Toon Link: I deeply resent whoever decided to throw this guy into the mix. The biggest waste of space in the game since we already had Link. I was rooting for Midna to be a fighter because of the TP being repped, and she would have been a much more interesting character than some **** Link clone who should have never been put on the poll in the first place. Now I have to suffer the same stupid kid with an annoying voice and a weak sword, except now he looks something out of a ****ing coloring book.

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you should even bother with posts like these, seems people just don't care.

The brawl roster could be better, but it's still great. I mean some people could've been changed, but it doesn't suck. So the spoilt brats whining about it sucking should just suck it up and enjoy what they have. Some of us aren't as lucky to have it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom