• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl can never be patched/updated

fwb

Smash Cadet
Wii MotionPlus

/thread
That really doesnt have anything to do with the console software, but the actual software inside the remote. The remote has memory. How else does it story Mii and Brawl Names?
True, but it disproves the notion that the wii does not have the ability improve (not the original topic, but pretty much what this discussion has turned into). The MotionPlus is a HUGE upgrade, and I can't wait to see what developers will do with it. I've gotten into some of the more technical details about it, and it is quite impressive. Sure, it gives us what we can agree that we thought the wii should have had at the start, but I'm not complaining, nor would I have wanted to wait another year or two for the wii if they tried to rush this in. Honestly, it's time to hoard Wii's on ebay (seen some go for <$200) and invest in nintendo stock. Wiis are going to get valuable again.

Do some googling if you're not familiar with what I'm talking about (it was new to me this week, even though the press release about the motion plus was months ago).
Good demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VixIFLe4LmY&feature=related

FartKnocker

Smash Apprentice
I always check back from time to time to see if any progress is being made for this game (software updates, network fixes, announcements for sequels that don't suck, etc.). Looks like this will be my last visit.

I traded in my Wii after seeing how Nintendo handled our many many many questions and concerns after the release of Brawl (you know, when we all went online for the first time and said "THIS is your online system??? Are you f'ing kidding me???"). I had immediate regret, but I suspected that the game's competitive level and community would degenerate.

I saw the tournament finals from EVO a few months later and my suspicions were confirmed: the faster you get out of this abortion of a competitive game, the better. Go back to Melee or move on to SCIV/SFIV/VF5/any other fighter with a strong community. SRK is a great commuity (like this one, but with less walls of text).

Here's hoping the next SSB doesn't suck as much as this one (if there even is one, and if it isn't following the same "successful" formula of its predecessor). My heart's out to you all that I smashed with or discussed smash with.

Oh, and if you do get a different system for competitive play, get a PS3. Seems that's the favored one for tournament play. I bought an X360 and now I'll have to build a custom stick with two pcb's (one for 360, one for ps3) if the tourney organizer runs the game on a PS3.

Peace out.

hypeman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a snake, marth, and zelda in training.
Families don't buy game consoles to watch dvds or listen to music, debate on that as you please, but seriously, no casual gamer buys a console with hopes of watching a DVD on it, it's a **** neat bonus, but not a must have .
The ps2 was so successful because it was a dvd player. Which while I loved the GC it didn't have. The Ps3 now can attribute a lot of it's sales for it being a blue ray player and being player on the market now my mom and dad sure use it alot for that reason and they barely play games.

The game was designed to be strictly uncompetitive.
You think that a casual player would care much about lag, when he's having a free for all with his friends across the street on wifi with items on?
If thats to theoretical for you to accept, Sakurai didn't like the competitive scene, do you think he'd go out of his way to fix the wifi for us serious gamers (assuming he could)?
Think about this, not being a casual gamer, we were not the targeted demographic for this game, so it's understandable that it would not entirely appeal to us.
it is true in a sense that all smash games targeted casual gamers, but Brawl was deliberately designed to be noncompetitive, unlike Melee or 64.
Big mistake on Sora's end, but whatever.
Street fighter one of the most played fighters till this day is so successful for it was made to be competitive.

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
For the love of god close this thread

Besides that i happily own a ps3 and pretty much ahte the wii

But madworld and sin and punish ment 2 look awesome , and of the course the next zelda is gonna be sauce

Oh yeah and um my friends have more fun playing ultimate ninja storm more than wii at all so yeah....

i personaly like brawl better than that game doh

iFaiL

Smash Rookie
Lol idc i don't want that homebrew crap anyway and brick my wii meaning
$250 down the drain.

iFaiL

Smash Rookie
i like how were all bashing the sh*t out of nintendo and the wii, when theyre have and are making CRAP LOADS of cash cause of the wii.

im not defending the wii or nintendo, its just funny[/QUOTE

Ninento wont give a crap about us until those casual gamers leave them. Then they will start listening to complaints and stop making game systems where the hardware came from atari.

Revven

FrankerZ
Lol idc i don't want that homebrew crap anyway and brick my wii meaning
$250 down the drain.
You don't brick Wiis with homebrew, that's a preconceived notion and is completely and utterly wrong unless you don't know what software you're using and blatantly install something without knowing how it works. The point of the article WASN'T talking about homebrew, it was talking about how Nintendo updates the Wii console and why we shouldn't be expecting Brawl to be patched under any circumstance as well as any other Wii game (as if we were expecting them to do it anyway, this just sets it in stone).

It also shows how stupid Nintendo is.

RedyBz

Smash Cadet
Well that is pretty much the reasons why the Wii isn't so good. But i could careless since i just bought the Wii for Brawl. I just don't expect much with the Wii myself.

Top Bottom