• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Bear Wants You to Care About DreamHack Austin

DreamHack Austin is back! DreamHack comes back to visit the United States in Austin, Texas, and brings Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U for debut in their newly created DreamHack circuit.

For those unfamiliar with the event, DreamHack is a meeting place for gamers, and the primary content is always centered around the massive LAN party. Gamers are able to bring their own gaming rigs along with their friends to set up for nonstop gaming for 3 days. In addition, guests will be able to check out world class esport tournaments happening over the weekend.

With Smash Wii U being added to the roster of games, Panda Global's Bassem "Bear" Dahdouh is set to TO the premier event for its first appearance in the circuit. We recently had the opportunity to talk to Bear get his thoughts on DreamHack Austin and Smash Wii U's inclusion to the roster.

What separates Dreamhack from the other premier events?

PG | Bear: DreamHack is the largest digital festival in the world! It's a LAN gathering with live concerts and competitions. What separates this from other Smash 4 events is that this is DreamHack’s first ever venture into Smash 4 as they previously only touched Melee. DreamHack typically gets 20K+ attendees and the awareness level of Smash 4 to those at the event would hopefully help fuel interest for growth and awareness for Smash 4.

What are some of your favorite things that you like about Dreamhack?

I love how it’s a digital festival. I think many Smash 4 events are already in the copy paste mindset of: tournament + stream = event. I believe by having so many other things to do a DreamHack it’ll help both competitors at the event to enjoy and attendees/spectators at DreamHack to explore other games that may spark something in them to get more involved with their local scenes.

Any things that has changed from Smash at Dreamhack since last year?

Well Smash 4 is part of DreamHack this year, so I’m really happy to see that in 2017.

What things can we expect from Smash at Dreamhack Austin?

High level action, great production by the VGBootCamp team and quality work from national TOs hosting the event like Jebailey, JuggleRob, Gamero, Javi, and yours truly.

Lastly, why should people be excited about Smash at Dreamhack? Why should they care?

It is Smash 4’s first ever appearance at DreamHack and it’s a big stage for Smash 4. I hope attendees enjoy the show and the spectators at home enjoy the stream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Olalde

Comments

Bear wants you to care about everything though
but this tourney was very good and had a lot of surprise success for the TX players

Last edited:
Top Bottom