• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are Wavebirds not produced nowadays?

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Bringing back the Wavebirds would be a bit redundant considering how many other wireless controllers you already have to choose from.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Bringing back the Wavebirds would be a bit redundant considering how many other wireless controllers you already have to choose from.
And unlike other wireless controllers, you can control multiple characters with a single Wavebird

Nah

Smash Champion
It's a controller for a system that hasn't been in production for like 10 years now. As great as the Gamecube controller is, why continue to produce it when it's 2 console generations out of date? It's not really of interest/profitable to Nintendo as a corporation to resume production of Wavebirds/GC controllers.

Could probably use another one though, 2 of my 3 have issues these days.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
And unlike other wireless controllers, you can control multiple characters with a single Wavebird
Are you referring to the glitch in the game where you can control multiple characters with one controller? Because that's not exclusive to GC controllers.
Alternatives to unplugging the controller:
-Removing the batteries. This is easiest on Wii Remote variants, as they don't require a screwdriver to access the batteries.
-Taking it into another room. (Wii U Gamepad only)
I have done both of the above and have never owned a Gamecube controller, so I can 100% guarantee you that you do not need a GC controller to activate the glitch (although it may be the easiest one to activate it with).

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Are you referring to the glitch in the game where you can control multiple characters with one controller? Because that's not exclusive to GC controllers.
Alternatives to unplugging the controller:
-Removing the batteries. This is easiest on Wii Remote variants, as they don't require a screwdriver to access the batteries.
-Taking it into another room. (Wii U Gamepad only)
I have done both of the above and have never owned a Gamecube controller, so I can 100% guarantee you that you do not need a GC controller to activate the glitch (although it may be the easiest one to activate it with).
Requires Amiibos and therefore can't be done online.
This doesn't work for other games either

D

Deleted member

There isn't an official answer on the matter.
The GameCube controllers were brought back for Smash 4 because they are basically the controller for Smash. They're really popular in the Smash community.
Bringing back Wavebirds is not only pointless, but it might be more expensive to create as well considering they are wireless.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
There isn't an official answer on the matter.
The GameCube controllers were brought back for Smash 4 because they are basically the controller for Smash. They're really popular in the Smash community.
Bringing back Wavebirds is not only pointless, but it might be more expensive to create as well considering they are wireless.
I'm sure people like wireless controllers.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
The only reason they started production back up for GCN controllers was due to sm4sh. But, competitive sm4shers don't use wavebird due to wireless.

Top Bottom