• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are there so many games coming out in October & November?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
CHRISTMAS, and the other holidays for you pagans

In red and green for emphasis

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
oh goodie, its the that time of year where I have to suffer long traffic cause everyone else wants to be nice for 1 day.

/Doesn't celebrate Christmas

That said, that was sarcasm... the whole suffering part, i don't even go out :laugh:

Free money makes it easier to get games basically.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hehe, I've noticed this as well, especially concerning games in the 'fighting and retro' genre, lots of good games are coming out this month such as Rayman Origins for example. :D

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Mostly due to being close to the end of the year and Christmas cuts close so if people don't have the games in particular now they can get it at Christmas. Just a thought.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Don't forget about 11/11/11.
;)
More like 11/8/11. :awesome:

And it's been like this for the past few years where a lot of AAA games are released in the last few months of the year. I used to hate it when I was in school cause I'd have to balance school work with playing video games but not anymore!

D

Deleted member

let's all say it has to do with the holidays to be really really sure the OP gets the message

Spire

III
BRoomer
Pretty sure he gets the message, just pointing out how difficult it is to play so many awesome games in a short span of time.

So take your time. The internet will bully you into getting games on launch and playing them before you can spoil yourself online, but that's only partially true. I consider the amount of info released for Skyward Sword to be spoilertastic, and so I stay away from a large amount of it. It's been difficult.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^True That, in fact X-Mas o's the time of the year where people will "blow out" most of the money they have; if not, spend alot of what the have, this has been true for me but it's going to be really difficult this year since so many games are coming out this month that it's hard to control my spending.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Pretty sure he gets the message, just pointing out how difficult it is to play so many awesome games in a short span of time.

So take your time. The internet will bully you into getting games on launch and playing them before you can spoil yourself online, but that's only partially true. I consider the amount of info released for Skyward Sword to be spoilertastic, and so I stay away from a large amount of it. It's been difficult.
Sounds like me and MGS4. I had to even avoid the final trailer like the game was Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on the NES.

Thanks for answering everyone.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
This holiday season is particularly torturing me because I usually buy 3 new games per year at full price regardless of what's happening around the holidays, but this year they are releasing about 15 games I'd actually like to have. Usually that many games don't come out over the course of a year that I have to have. Usually I'll play them somewhere else or pass, but this is killing me. (Still don't know what I'm getting and what I won't)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic Generations was the only game I plan on buying for a while.

Unless a new Mario game comes out

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This holiday season is particularly torturing me because I usually buy 3 new games per year at full price regardless of what's happening around the holidays, but this year they are releasing about 15 games I'd actually like to have. Usually that many games don't come out over the course of a year that I have to have. Usually I'll play them somewhere else or pass, but this is killing me. (Still don't know what I'm getting and what I won't)
Holy crap, what are they? I'm looking forward to SKYRIM 8 DAYS AHHHHHHHHHH and Skyward Sword and Diablo 3, whenever the hell that's coming out.

Mario 3DS looks extremely awesome, but I don't have a 3ds so yeah.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So many games, so little time (and money, I guess). Skyrim, Skyward Sword, Saint's Row, Super Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 7. And those are the games I can name off the top of my head alone. Man, it makes me wish I was born into wealth.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
3Dland, Skyward Sword, Generations, and MK7 is gonna be like half a months pay for me. More than that actually.

God I need more hours/a second job.

Lobos

Smash Master
Since the end of september I've bought Ico/SOTC HD remake, renegade ops, dead island, dark souls, dungeon defenders, battlefield 3, and UC3.....I'm still getting Skyrim and possibly MW3 and new Zelda.

Top Bottom