• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are stages so dark?

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
Do we get to a certain point where stage aesthetics trump their playability? Some stages are so dark, it makes playing on them an eye test.
Offenders are Brinstar Depths, Brinstar, Kongo Jungle. Especially with dark characters, it's just infuriating.

Just had a match against a Joker on Kongo and I legit couldn't see what he was doing.

Blutrausch

Smash Cadet
My brother had a difficult time playing on Town & City when it was night because the high definition was too much. Smashville was fine, though. Perhaps the developers can do something in the future to mitigate the problem. I have used darker colors on certain stages like Final Destination as an advantage, however. It could be useful, but it's not ideal if you wish to win because of your skill, rather than because your character is camouflage.

Top Bottom