• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are Smash Streamers usually infested by toxicity??

FireKirby875

Smash Rookie
I've been in and played with a few streamers, ones that I've watched for years, and played with for years. Basically, their fanbase is full of toxic fanboys/dickriders that will defend the streamer to no end. For example: In a recent stream in one of my favorite streamers since a lot of my friends were in it, I went my main because he was disrespecting me as a player when I just was obviously goofing off and taunting mid match/tbagging, saying how trash I was and how much of a god he was. I went my main, beat him with a literal 0-death on the first stock, and then his fanboys come and just call me a "tryhard ******" and say how much of a "joke" i am because "oh but he was making a comeback since you were at 20%", and in the discord they're talking about me and making fun of me and calling me the n word just because I beat the streamer, and yet those guys that said all that in both the stream and discord don't get banned, and the streamer just shrugs it off when I blatantly tell them, but then they ban me for "annoying" them?? Apparently, if I lose, I'm trash. If I body him and perform a 0-death on the streamer, I'm trash. This has been the case in multiple streams that I've played in as well, and I've seen it happen in other streamers' streams like Hungrybox where he gets 0-2 and trolled the entire time and his stream just calls the player who is outplaying him/trolling him "trash". It's just so toxic because these streamers will never accept it's toxic because if they did, they'd have no real "supporters". Like wth?? Smash streamers are just never fun to go to because everyone is just dickriding

Not sure if this is the right area for this thread but sorry if not

Last edited:

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to hear that, man. :( every fanbase has it's sour spots. Woulda knocked him down a peg if his fanbase didn't firmly glue him there.

Kolbvrn

Smash Rookie
I used to run an event space in Southern USA, I'd host melee tournaments and toxic players were inevitable. Sadly there will always be someone out there seemingly more toxic than we'd like to deal with. My venue even pushed for no toxicity but you can't police everyone all the time. Best to just keep your light burning and move on away from those who are trying to dim others.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the Internet. You must be new here.
Similarly, common decency must be new to you. Racial slurs aren't ok just because it's the internet, you didn't say it yourself but you are enabling those who do (guys in OP) when you say **** like that.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Similarly, common decency must be new to you. Racial slurs aren't ok just because it's the internet, you didn't say it yourself but you are enabling those who do (guys in OP) when you say **** like that.
How am I enabling anything? It is a simple fact that the entire Internet is infested with toxicity, and I pointed that out.

Not that I blame you for making the assumption. As I said, the entire Internet (and real life) are infested with toxic scum (why hello, Mr. President, we were just talking about you), so it's easy to get over-sensitized to that ****.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
How am I enabling anything? It is a simple fact that the entire Internet is infested with toxicity, and I pointed that out.

Not that I blame you for making the assumption. As I said, the entire Internet (and real life) are infested with toxic scum (why hello, Mr. President, we were just talking about you), so it's easy to get over-sensitized to that ****.
Eh, that's fair. Kinda read like you were kicking the guy while he was down, my b

Gearkeeper-8a

Smash Apprentice
Top players and streamers are like that because they were raised in that environment, other players admired them, is like in highschool but worse.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I have entered an arena and then found out that the matches were actually being streamed. So I go around the whole room twice beating everyone in it and it was truly a blessing for the spectators. Every match they could see amazing R.O.B. action from the best R.O.B. player. And since the room was set to make the loser switch out I could stay in the ring as long as my real life schedule would allow me to. However I did stop after a while since it was pretty late but of course I was unbeaten.

Besides my winning streak the stream was pretty boring though.

Top Bottom