• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are people into paying for online on Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
User was warned for this thread
Nintendo hasn't improved anything on it. All they did was lock VC behind it.

XBox and Playstation have ****ty online too, so maybe people should not be paying for them too.

All Hail Me

Sarge
One massive advantage of the pay wall is how cheaters can be locked and banned, as well as people being less likely to cheat when they paid and do not want to lose their money. I am always ok with that.
Could the service on all aformention systems be better? Sure, but I am paying less a month then I do on fuel, food, netflix, amazon prime, spotify, rent, on my girlfriend, etc. and albeit food and gas are important, I spend enough time on those paid services to make the experience worth it and not soured by cheaters or hackers.

Sure for now nothing has been improved but with money dedicated to the resource and now an audience less prone to hacking for fear of actual loss, it will improve.

Last edited:

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Why would online improve? Why not stick up to Nintendo and tell them we should have VC more than this online "subscription"

All Hail Me

Sarge
Why would online improve? Why not stick up to Nintendo and tell them we should have VC more than this online "subscription"
Online SHOULD improve and so should the VC. That way they can continue to get the consumers’ money because people are happy with the service and will re-up again when it becomes time, or else lose that source of income. Say 8 million people register, thats 160 million more dollars a year (at the 20 dollar rate) But if people arent happy and say 3 million drop the service after a year, they lose 60 million dollars. Upgrading the servers and the price of man power, etc will be a few million dollars ( for simplictiy sake we will say 10 million, might be more, might be less) but if those upgrades keep even 500k thousand people happier and renew their subscription, or make more people sign up, it is worth the money, and they will continue to see surplus

Tl;dr- make money, spend a little to improve service, make money back by people not canceling and maintaining a source of income.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom