• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Welcome to Who's Mafia Is It Anyway? A game where the roles are made up and the flavor doesn't matter. Hosted by the The Honorable Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa and the always pleasant smelling giraffelasergun giraffelasergun . Game is a thirteen player Semi-Open set up where town has 0-4 roles listed in the Role PM Spoiler tag and mafia has 0-2. Please take some time to read through the spoiler tags at your leisure.

01. Be kind to each other.
02. Do not edit your posts. Feel free to double post for corrections if necessary.
03. Vote in bold; you do not have to unvote to vote a new person. Please try to place your vote at the top or bottom of the post to help prevent mod errors.
04. Days will last for roughly 4 days, Nights will last for 24 hours. Day will end early if a majority vote is reached. If no majority has been reached by the end of day, the player with the most votes cast against them will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the player that gets to that number of votes first is lynched. There is no twilight phase.
05. You are allowed to vote for No Lynch.
06. Don't talk about the game outside of the thread unless your role says you can.
07. You can ask the mod questions in the thread with the command @(myname)
08. No hidden code and text and such. You can breadcrumb.
09. You can not post screenshots containing any private data, or reference any private data such as the time a PM was sent, etc. You can not directly quote any PMs from the mod or reference any pictures. Screenshots of personal notes are OK to post, as long as they contain no mod data.
10. No posting in the thread when you are dead, or during the night phase.
11. Prods will be issued for not posting for 24 hours. Three prods will get you replaced.
12. Failure to submit a night action will result in no action being taken.
The following is a list of roles that could be in this game.

Welcome to Whose Mafia is it Anyway?
You are a Vanilla Townie, meaning you have no role abilities to use. However, you have your wit with which to figure out who the mafia are.
You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

You are the Town Oracle. At night, you may reply in bold Oracle: X with X being the player name of a living player of your choice. The alignment of the person will be revealed publicly upon your death. If the player dies before you do, you may change your target. Failure to submit an action will result in no action being taken.You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

You are the Town Jailkeeper. At night, you may send reply in this message in bold Jailkeep: X with X being the player name of a living player of your choice. If successful, that player will be protected from 1 killing action on that same night, but will also fail to perform any night actions should they have any. Failure to submit an action will result in no action being taken. You may not target yourself.

You are the Town Tracker. At night, you may reply in this message in bold Track: X with X being the player name of a living player of your choice. If successful, you will learn who that player targeted, if anyone. If they visit no one, you will be told as much. Failure to submit an action will result in no action being taken.

You are the Town Tough Bodyguard. At night, you may send me in bold Bodyguard: X with X being the player name of a living player of your choice. If successful, that player will be protected from 1 killing action on that same night, with you dying in their place at the end of the next day phase if they are targeted for a kill. You will be notified if this occurs.

Welcome to Whose Mafia is it anyway?
You are the Town Vigilante. At night, you may send me in bold Shoot: X with X being the player name of a living player of your choice. If successful, that player will die.

You are the town messenger. PM me up to 500 characters and the player of your choice. At the end of the night phase, they will be given your message. You may not fake mod communication via the message.
Once per night, you may message me the name of a player in the game. If successful, you learn the power role the player has, if any. You are aligned with the mafia and may communicate with X and Y in this pm. you win when the mafia outnumbers the town, is equal in numbers to the town, or nothing can prevent it.
Once per night, you may message me the name of a player in the game. If successful, you will prevent any action that the player would perform that night. You are aligned with the mafia and may communicate with X and Y in this pm. you win when the mafia outnumbers the town, is equal in numbers to the town, or nothing can prevent it.
You are the mafia Killing Joat. If you perform the night kill, you have the option to make your kill undetected by the tracker, or unblockable by one layer of a protective role. You may only perform either of these actions once. You are aligned with the mafia and may communicate with X and Y in this pm. you win when the mafia outnumbers the town, is equal in numbers to the town, or nothing can prevent it.
I'll never tell ;)
Night action resolution:
Mafia Role Blocker - > Jailkeeper -> Body Guard -> Oracle -> Night Kills -> Messenger/Role Cop -> Tracker

Player List:
1. ranmaru ranmaru
2. #HBC | soup
3. #HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy
4. JeXs JeXs and Spak Spak Hydra: OrangeXhtml OrangeXhtml
5. KevinM KevinM
6. #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary
7. Lore Lore
8. #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker
9. Pythag Pythag
10. Tom Tom
11. Fandangox Fandangox
12. #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf
13. #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
can we nix the cop? imo the info gained is too strong for any player to have, and godfather as a neutralizer is pretty bad too (obv i dont know if gf is gonna be in the game yet cuz scum roles havent been posted yet but yea). if we wanna keep possible pr's at 6 i think something like a backup or bp or even inno child (the variant marshy had last game) would be straight. but cop is way too overcentralizing

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
can we nix the cop? imo the info gained is too strong for any player to have, and godfather as a neutralizer is pretty bad too (obv i dont know if gf is gonna be in the game yet cuz scum roles havent been posted yet but yea). if we wanna keep possible pr's at 6 i think something like a backup or bp or even inno child (the variant marshy had last game) would be straight. but cop is way too overcentralizing

Let me sit on this, do think a regular cop is a bit op, might try to find a fun town pr to put there instead, or maybe make it a limit shot.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Tbh I enjoy Cop just because Towns are often bad and need help. I'm including myself as bad there.

But it's definitely a bit op in some ways, so I'm not opposed to it being nixed.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
some sites give cop a randomized innocent scan at their role pm which ive seen work well. doubles as a de facto safety net if they get clapped n1

a 1 or 2 shot cop (tho not the latter if above mechanic used) might b okay

it feels funny discussing roles and their viability again cuz there were some diverging views back in the day

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Agree with X-shot instead of just eliminating Cop entirely.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
o i also like gorfs idea of innocent child. another role is oracle which i put in the signup thread. then we have tracker which is prolly the best "clear someone" option behind inno child

could live without the cop altogether cuz it can b pretty unenjoyable for the scumteam to have to play thru, moreso than the above two. i was playing a game last year where i got a guilty and it cleared like 4 ppl off reactions alone

EDIT: for example say town has 3 prs with 1 cop. cop gets his scan off n1. d2 town can massclaim and potentially hav 4/8 townies clear. scum hav room to fakeclaim but its a gamble with no safeclaims

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Changed Cop to Oracle. Removed Doctor, added Messenger. Changed Bodyguard to Tough Bodyguard(survives the kill until end of next day phase). Added mafia Rolecop, Roleblocker, and a one shot untrackable/pierce kill.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
8 pm Central, tomorrow. (23.5 hours from this post)
Phases will be 4 days, but since Thursday is a US Holiday I'm thinking day 1 will be a bit longer, 5 days for now and if people think we need more time we can do six.
I'd like to say pregame that I have 4th of July plans for Thursday, but I might be able to still participate. I am going to a baseball game with my family, and slow innings will be fine for Mafia.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
/Confirm 10chars how do people not 10char anymore

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Wait if we have to be kind to each other I don't know if I can make it through D1 without being modkilled...

/confirmed

Top Bottom