• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do love the interaction between Relm and her grandfather, it was so cute, and funny. Also the interaction between ultros and relm was hilarious.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Welp, looks to me like mafia is the only thing I have in common with y’all.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Fandangox Fandangox I immediately got the impression that you were town from the way you questioned things and moved the game forward, and I think that your playstyle is great and helps town. The problem you had this game was with your reads. You seemed to talk yourself into a scumread on certain players even when there was evidence to the contrary. It's really hard, but the best way of reading people is to keep an open mind, and to keep track of the points both for and against them. (I fell into exactly this trap in the previous game, giving Gorf and Mac townreads). If you make it to Lylo, ask yourself why you are still alive, and take the time to talk and reconsider.

Maven89 Maven89 I didn't feel obliged to kill you this game, but your new playstyle of literally not joining the game doesn't help town.

#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy You won, and it didn't seem very close, so what can I realistically say. You were clearly scummy to me, in many little ways that probably wouldn't amount to a case against you. You were reactive and relatively quiet. Your response to soup's claim was a huge red flag to me. But when you did post it was convincing and you said the right things to get the majority of town on your side, which is all you need. Disappointed I didn't get to waggon you. Well played.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
ranmaru ranmaru I mentioned your play before but I will add a couple of things for the sake of feedback. You completely switched your soup read between Days 1 and 2. If you realize that you were wrong, e.g. if you were tunneling, then it is good to switch a read. But when someone has done a lot of scummy stuff, it is usually better to lynch them, even if you have some doubts about them. If you are keeping notes, you can go back and compare: "I thought they were scummy because of XYZ, was I wrong?" Also, on Day 1 you said that you thought Spak, soup and Lore was the scumteam. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. But overall I thought your play was good and this playstyle is nice from you.

Spak Spak / OrangeXhtml OrangeXhtml If you were more active, I don't think you would get lynched, because your attitude/tone and your pushes seemed townie. Don't be overconfident in your own reads, a good way to avoid this is to ask someone else in the game for feedback. And if someone calls your townread scum, that doesn't make them scum. You have a good approach to playing mafia, and it's really commendable to see someone stay positive even after they get mislynched when its easy to be salty. Fun playing with you.

Top Bottom