• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So what do you do in a world where Soup flips scum then? I don't think you answered Gorf's thread question and I'd love that.
Soup flips scum I look through the entire game and think about the possibility that you'd hard bus your partner for two straight days but allow most of D2 to fall apart without you around.

I look way harder at FF as well.

Tom looks somehow better and worse at the same time because his reluctance to save a PR seemed genuine but I also dislike the way Tom played end of D1 knowing how Tom plays mafia.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Tom looks somehow better and worse at the same time because his reluctance to save a PR seemed genuine but I also dislike the way Tom played end of D1 knowing how Tom plays mafia.
Can you elaborate on this a little? I'm not going to hold you to this one either way because I don't have that meta, but I want to know your PoV here.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
"God I hate Toms end of D1 so much. He keeps insisting after ISO’ing Lore that Lore is scum but he’d be fine with the last second lynch of Orange also... since when do you ever not just trust your hard read on a 50/50 Tom? "

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This is why the fact that we’ve centered an entire game around two slots and then somehow miraculously got pushed to a third option at end of day D1 was so incredibly anti town it’s wild.

It’s why the shift towards Orange at the end of the day is the most important wagon to be looking at
So then how does that effect your take on Gorf? That's the slot I think was primarily responsible for making that wagon happen.

I also take issue with your comment about being centered around two slots because I think Orange was a major pillar of Day 1 as well.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
God I hate Toms end of D1 so much. He keeps insisting after ISO’ing Lore that Lore is scum but he’d be fine with the last second lynch of Orange also... since when do you ever not just trust your hard read on a 50/50 Tom?
Nvm, found the quote.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Tom is way to good of a mafia player to have an entire day revolve around two players and leave one of them alive at the end of the day knowing that if both of them survive until D2.. you have this **** show of a day.

Double that because he was scum reading Lore and you've got why I'm so wary of it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So then how does that effect your take on Gorf? That's the slot I think was primarily responsible for making that wagon happen.

I also take issue with your comment about being centered around two slots because I think Orange was a major pillar of Day 1 as well.
"Gorf coincidentally also looks worse on a soup scum flip because of his push on Orange late yesterday."

I mean my answer is going to be the same over and over again. We had a 50/50 we knew was going to preoccupy the day tomorrow if both players got left alive. Unless you were like 100% SOUL reading town on both players, you're on one of those wagons yesterday.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I resent that... I do hate the way this day has been, but I'm not responsible for this ****.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So you think it's just standard play for scum to hop wagons together early on in mafia games in an effort to stifle discussion?

Once more, you are at the opposite side of the "how to play mafia" spectrum. In my experience, scum spread out and avoid grouping early on in hopes that town mills around and never accomplishes anything. It's townies that group up and make things happen because without large and competing wagons, it's only too easy to avoid really making commitments. You see me talking about this in the last game. I believe you even liked the post.
I need to point this out. I think this is wrong in terms of my experience with scum outside of this site. Also I feel like Ryker (as scum) would use tactics similar to early bussing for town credit. I mentioned this last game.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Tom is way to good of a mafia player to have an entire day revolve around two players and leave one of them alive at the end of the day knowing that if both of them survive until D2.. you have this **** show of a day.

Double that because he was scum reading Lore and you've got why I'm so wary of it.
Can I DISLIKE a post

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I resent that... I do hate the way this day has been, but I'm not responsible for this ****.
You posted three or four times that you were entirely sure that Lore was scum after ISO'ing him and then resigned that you were ok for either lynch. I'm not saying you were responsible for the Orange lynch I am saying that Tom town straight up wouldn't let it happen.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I know you were saying you've had a confidence shift over the last few days of playing again, but you can't disagree with the fact that on a 50/50 post where you're saying after a deep ISO of one player who was on a lynchable wagon you'd be cool with just flipping to something else at the end of the day, at least not normally. Unless you had some sort of super hard suspicion Orange was town as well?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Is that based only on my unvote revote? Or the fact that I didnt convince everyone else to vote Lore with me? Its easy in hindsight to say that the Orange lynch was wrong. In the moment I was entertaining the idea he could be scum too.

I very much would have pressed hard for my choice back in the day, probably. However to imagine that I'm the same as then is taking almost a decade out of context...?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also think it is more likely that Rykers unvote > soup self hammer may have been coordinated as well. It gets us talking about connections to Soup. I am less confident on Kevin being scum with soup and Lore. I think Ryker has more of a chance especially if Lore is scum since Ryker has been defending that slot since the beginning of time.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If I posted all of my doubts of even my strongest reads this game you would all kick me off this forum

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Is that based only on my unvote revote? Or the fact that I didnt convince everyone else to vote Lore with me? Its easy in hindsight to say that the Orange lynch was wrong. In the moment I was entertaining the idea he could be scum too.

I very much would have pressed hard for my choice back in the day, probably. However to imagine that I'm the same as then is taking almost a decade out of context...?
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's easy to see that Lore is scum for his absolute certainty of soup being scum along with that vote. He was trying to force myself and soup on a team. Before that, he was just sitting on his ass just like Soup.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You posted three or four times that you were entirely sure that Lore was scum after ISO'ing him and then resigned that you were ok for either lynch. I'm not saying you were responsible for the Orange lynch I am saying that Tom town straight up wouldn't let it happen.
Also for more context my vote on orange was looking like it was going to be Soup or Orange and I was hung up on not lynching claimed Oracle before n1, and that mindset may have followed me too far

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm genuinely surprised how okay you are with the Ran slot with how I'm looking at this game.
To be quite honest, I've not put the most effort into solving the Ran slot. I've got issues with him. Mainly the way he sat on a Soup town read all ****ing phase after seeing an Orange townflip. Now that's changed at EoD.

What exactly should I go looking at with him? I can make him my first reread.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lmfao

Look at that attempted self-hammer. I am ending him by deadline.
The ****ing legend lmao. Catching up now.

Unvote Going to make sure I get to cover things before day's end.

This entire EoD and content from Tom, Gorf, Frozen, and Kevin.

I have pushed to see that Soup does die. I'm unsure what you're looking for from me here.
At the time, the thread was stagnant and I was frustrated about how nothing was happening. Hence my disliking of how Soup wasn't just lynched instead of wasting time. Now I feel better about it.

Why did you dip out for a good while? You have been fairly inactive this phase, minus short bursts. Unless I missed an irl reason post.

Top Bottom