• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
im not going to throw out years of a good track record reading someone with my own metrics just cuz you say not to. not trying to b a ****, but its where im coming from

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Yeah, but it's a bit of a hella early post to bring up, especially after going out of your way to bring up that you were the "first" to question me. Did you think of no other content you could quote?
it was the first post that came to mind

its been obvious i havent been crazy about your slot and i remember ppl liking that post and/or quoting it in agreement. it was the impetus for my suspicion so ya

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
im not going to throw out years of a good track record reading someone with my own metrics just cuz you say not to. not trying to b a ****, but its where im coming from
Yeah, but Ran's playstyle alone this game shows that he can change things up.

Look, I've come to slowly admit that meta can be a useful tool. But if literally any other slot was pulling what Ran is doing, it would be suspicious. Am I wrong?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
it was the first post that came to mind

its been obvious i havent been crazy about your slot and i remember ppl liking that post and/or quoting it in agreement. it was the impetus for my suspicion so ya
Fair, but why did you feel the urge to go out of your way to bring up how you were the "first?" That's the last thing you haven't answered from what I've seen.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
gonna b sporadic for a few hours (errands + doctor appointment) but will b around for deadline

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
i got bad news for you boyo

the situations aside from that are different. were talking about tied wagons, on the day of the lynch, with 2 slots weve been struggling with all game. this is a critical juncture in the game thats vital to flesh out
Missed this due to my browser ****ing up.

And ok cool, but that doesn't answer my question. If we're literally only going to discuss me or Soup, I have no ****ing clue why we haven't just ended the day already long before today.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Gorf please summarise me-marshy
kevin: opens up eod by voting lore.
ryker, ff, kevin, gorf on lore
tom: i think they both should die etc
marshy: tom youre condoning both alignment but not doing **** about them. stop doing that
tom: why cant i do that
gorf: cuz your words dont match your vote
tom: vote soup
gorf: this mudda fuqqa really voting his townread over his scumread
marshy: bro youre voting your townread over your scumread, do you really not have ****ing faith in your reads and are defaulting to lynching someone you think is town?
tom: unvote
tom: gorf and marshy youre correct but i stand by it and dont mind lynching them one after another
tom:... marshy youre thinking the same thing as me and voting the same as me. why is there a problem?
marshy: dawg i scumread lore but i scumread soup harder. im voting my scumread bro. youre pussying out and riding a lynch based solely on mechanics.
tom: i dont remember you casing lore (he did), and i feel they can both be scum (but thats because of the willingness to consider the uncertain. youve said you lowkey townread soup even in this dialogue), and mechanics tell me lynching soup is better
marshy: why not buddy kevin wrt fanny shot bla bla bla
tom: answer bla bla bla
tom: btw i aint tryna posture on you or put blame on you for wanting lore lynch yet voting soup. just tryna reach clarity
tom: gorf summarize me-marshy

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag talk to me more about ff. were gonna play your town!soup and town!lore scenario. how do you feel about the way he is positioned aside a town!orange, town!soup and town!lore setting at eod1?
I mean, his play is consistent. I'm usually searching for inconsistencies.

Frozen hops on the orange wagon, throws shade at tom, marshy, and lore. and then is out, while also reminding people about deadline.

While I guess I disagree with the shade, I appreciate his defense of soup. He at least considered the oracle claim as possible, and then recommending if it is, he should at least live till the next day.

He's a question mark. I could see this being smart scum play, however if it's mimicking things I'm seeing, he could be a townie looking at it the same way I was.

I'm sorry I don't have anything good to add with regard of him.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
this whole thing is dumb

hopefully you just get clapped by scum and give us a free town/mafia
Hey marsh, or anyone, seriously, is there a world where the mafia goes for the oracle as their NK?

I literally don't see why they would go for it as their nk, especially with how much heat soup has been taken.

#HBC | Gorf

He's a question mark. I could see this being smart scum play, however if it's mimicking things I'm seeing, he could be a townie looking at it the same way I was.
but he isnt looking the same way you are. hes set up to turbo lore if we lynch soup and hes town

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Fair, but why did you feel the urge to go out of your way to bring up how you were the "first?" That's the last thing you haven't answered from what I've seen.
cuz it was obvious i sussed you. was my way of saying "dude ive been saying this" for emphasis. he said he didnt remember me talking about it when i was one of the first to elaborate on it

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Hey marsh, or anyone, seriously, is there a world where the mafia goes for the oracle as their NK?

I literally don't see why they would go for it as their nk, especially with how much heat soup has been taken.
when soup claimed i thought there was a world where he would get nk'd at first glance. scum kill power roles, scum kill investigatives, it was that simple. its easy to suggest its not the perfect nk now that weve had over a week to contemplate it but that was my reaction in the moment

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
but he isnt looking the same way you are. hes set up to turbo lore if we lynch soup and hes town
Am I wrong if I say so is a majority of everyone here? The idea being the soup would be on lore so that the whole thing would be solved. Soup's on kevin.
Now it's not solved with a single lynch.

#HBC | Gorf

Am I wrong if I say so is a majority of everyone here? The idea being the soup would be on lore so that the whole thing would be solved. Soup's on kevin.
do you feel like there might be scum who, by eod1, were set on trying to line up 3 mislynches between orange, soup, and lore (whether given the idea that soup oracles lore or not)? if so, who are some players that might make sense for?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
do you feel like there might be scum who, by eod1, were set on trying to line up 3 mislynches between orange, soup, and lore (whether given the idea that soup oracles lore or not)? if so, who are some players that might make sense for?
Considering how several people are pushing to more or less auto lynch compared to only a few saying to reread or solve a slot, yeah this seems likely.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Right, which is the literal exact point I was making towards Soup about his pick. It wasn't town-focused; it was survival.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
FF would fit that bill. I see what you're getting at.

Votes orange as his scummiest, or easy push, Ryker and you already didn't like Orange's case.
Casts shade on soup and lore, making soup the d2 priority
if soup flips oracle (which ff would know he would) he just moves to lore.

The only other option I see might be Fanny, He had been discussing lore soup and orange all day.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let's just CFD to Frozen and y'all can blame me if it's wrong :colorful:
bro what do I ****ing gaun from sticking my neck out and townreading you with little substantive justification which has gotten me **** on by half the players in this game If im scum and know youre town and actually oracle? Literally dude this is braindead ****. If youre town and Im scum and I know your claim is legit and half the players in this game wouldn't bat an eye at me jumping on your wagon for a free PR kill today why the **** would I defend you? Your slot is ****ing radioactive, I gain nothing as scum defending you as a townie PR

Like seriously think about this. Why in the world would I try to derail your lynch if Im scum and youre town? It makes zero ****ing sense

KevinM KevinM I see you readin bro just hit me with the marching orders and Im down to be your double vote

Ill try to check in after my 1:30 motion hearing, just barely had enough time to skim thru the new **** over lunch. Gonna try to look thru karys **** after court this afternoon

#HBC | Gorf

if your modus operandi is operating on town!soup and town!lore flips (and especially if its soup thats lynched and he winds up being scum) i STRONGLY encourage you to use this question of "how did players operate considering these guys are all town"/"is their approach to what they did coming off as genuine or is there something deeper" to navigate your reads moving further.

also, really do yourself a favor and have a strong substantiation on lore as town. if that means you wind up changing your read on lore, it winds up changing your read on lore. but a lot of the thread wants your townread dead toMorrow if soup flips town. you GOTTA be willing to stand your ground on your townread if you have it, and present who you think is scummy instead. come toMorrow ****ing stacked.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
bro what do I ****ing gaun from sticking my neck out and townreading you with little substantive justification which has gotten me **** on by half the players in this game If im scum and know youre town and actually oracle? Literally dude this is braindead ****. If youre town and Im scum and I know your claim is legit and half the players in this game wouldn't bat an eye at me jumping on your wagon for a free PR kill today why the **** would I defend you? Your slot is ****ing radioactive, I gain nothing as scum defending you as a townie PR
WIFOM as hell here. He didn't even mention your townread on you, unless I missed it in my quick reread. This is way too heated for such a small post, jfc.

ebwop

...to help* navigate your reads moving further.
Gorf, let me navigate your read a bit more on me, as a fellow traveler in spirit.

Reread me. Re-evaluate me. Let's get this bread and solve my slot.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Anyway I see Lore and soup being wagoned. I think they are both town. Honestly without re-reading feel like Marshy is scum. If we are really trying to save Soup, Marshy is probably the way to go. Not Lore.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If soup flips scum I would entertain the thought of lore scum because of his over confidence in Soup scum. If soup flipped town I would look at Marshy. I feel like going to Lore after town!soup is a losing move.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I shall certainly ask that question to myself. Do you need that answered now is the question.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Anyway I see Lore and soup being wagoned. I think they are both town. Honestly without re-reading feel like Marshy is scum. If we are really trying to save Soup, Marshy is probably the way to go. Not Lore.
Alright cool, but what makes you feel Town!Lore other than the discussion we had? To be frank, I don't understand why you argued with me then instantly went "yeah this is town lore pushing."

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It is weird that you would ask that right now instead when I called your push townie.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
If soup flips scum I would entertain the thought of lore scum because of his over confidence in Soup scum. If soup flipped town I would look at Marshy. I feel like going to Lore after town!soup is a losing move.
what about on town!lore and scum!lore flips?

Top Bottom