• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I’m going to assume for now that was an oversight and not Ill intent until my reread
havent been keeping track of the exact roles

inclined to lynch today cuz you just get killed tonight

only thing that sucks is that im largely away for the weekend but hopefully i can squeeze in a full reread by then

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Welp. I literally don’t know if I could have been more wrong.

Good shot Kevin.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
@Lore

Lol, I don't know if you need to cook up the elaborate hypothetical situation, do you think it adds more? Or would it be better to just have
"who would you kill"
"who would you save"

Kill : Tom or Soup

(though I REALLY cracked up at the "I'm aligned with town" conclusion tom gave us)

Save : Marsh or Spak

Marry : Enlightened Gorf
why had you said soup at this time pythag? early d1

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
pythag can you walk me thru your progression on me?

i remember you shading me a bit d2 but yesterday was a turnaround

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I didn't like that he put someone at L-1 while also claiming that he hadn't looked at the lynch count.

This I'll come back to, I'm walking out the door rn.
And also explain how and why your read on me changed too, you didn't really say anything other than you did a re-read and you thought I was scumhunting in your #2,363

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
11 pages in n i think i kno who im voting

i might request an extension cuz i CANNOT finish a reread by monday (im traveling tomorrow to see some friends in albany ny and will b there all weekend) cuz ill barely b at a computer. that said i doubt i change my mind at this point. gonna eat and think on it a bit then continue my reread

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I’m also ok with an extension if allows, I’ve got a soccer tournament all day Saturday and if we do well (we will I’m godlike) I’ll be playing Sunday also.

Even like Tuesday or Wednesday would be huge. If not I’ll make sure

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
pythag
pythag #168 talking to soup pressing him to elaborate on early game stuff

pythag asking fanny about soup #203

shades lore for voting soup and votes frozen 273 - shaded lore for voting soup which fanny does too. frozen votes awkward as hell. its the kinda thing id expect him to grab onto (low hanging fruit) as scum

KEVIN POST THAT RYKER LIKES 275 - kevin has same reaction as i just did to the above asking why pythag votes ff. ryker liked this post which is the first time he mentions pythag i believe. could b a weak swipe at a partner to pretend like hes looking there or backing up some meaningless shade on pythag whos a townie

pythag explains that he dislikes frozen having 1 post more than anything anyone has said which is why he voted him 277 - scummy. townies focus on ppl who are actively scummy which lore/soup had been at the time. in addition frozen being inactive early d1 isnt a red flag. frozen went inactive last game before the redo. its hard to believe that pythag reads lore/soup and the mounting pressure against them and thinks 'nah frozen only posting once is worse'

pythag gives reasoning on why he thought spak vs lore was town vs town 327 - i didnt like this. the natural towny reaction to the early spak vs lore debacle was that there was scum between them. pythag handwaving it as fast as he did reminds me of scum who knows alignments

votes spak 389 - says frozens post was solid. scummy, if i disliked frozen for only having one post id press him for more after his post versus dropping it altogether. says fanny tops his scum list which is the opposite of my reaction at this point in my read thru

- scummy pushing of lore for voting soup and places a struggly vote on frozen (who had only posted once). worst part is he says thats worse than the things that had happened between soup/lore despite asking others about the former
- initially reads spak vs lore as tvt then doubles back to spak being scum when some more consensus goes his way. reads like a scum who knew both were town, saw the tides turning against them, and saw an avenue to **** on townies
- jumps off of frozen after frozen only posts once and hops the spak wagon. pythag scummy just floating aimlessly throughout the phase and not digging like a real townie would

fanny
fanny first mentioning that he dislikes soups fake hammer early itg. this means both of soups partners shaded/voted him early game218

fanny immediately follows up pressing soup on whether i should b pushed 220

fanny shades lore for voting soup 228 - scummy. the prior two posts hes laying down groundwork to go at soup but shading lore for voting soup despite them having similar reasons (fake hammer). consistent with a scum subconsciously protecting their partner

fanny pressing soup on who hed push if not me 231 - on the surface level has some fire here

fanny lays down a lore vote and questions him, says his vote/reasoning for going soup is bad/opportunistic 240 - wondering if fanny has the balls to chainsaw soup here

fanny presses soup and requests a reads list after soup posts more worthless/null **** 312

fanny takes issue with pythag voting frozen 312 - like this from fanny

fanny pushes pythag to do more than vote inactive frozen, questions why hes not pursuing a spak lead when pythag thought spak might b scum 322 - towny post. starting to notice that pythag is all over the place early in the game and he looks like a struggling scum

says pythag could b scum with lore 326 - i like this. i see fanny internalizing a suspicion of pythag and him connecting the dots to a would b partner is a good look

fanny doubles down on the above idea 374 - like the conviction and sticking to his guns

fanny starts questioning spak 375 - at this point fannys questioned lore, soup, spak, pythag (and me a bit at the start i guess) to different degrees which i find reasonable. reading his posts thus far he looks like a townie exploring. the alternative is that hes an aggressive scum laying a lot of framework with which to attack the town. i havent seen him scum before but most scum arent that brazen

presses soup on a readslist again 380 - this is something fanny consistently does: follow up on his questions. im lightly inclined to say hes not a scum partner of soup right now. hes got a persistence to him while also maintaining an idea that he needs to dig deeper to figure out soups alignment. hes not throwing softball, worthless questions his way and letting him get away with not doing anything like i think a partner would

defends himself against pythag and doubles down on how pythag failed to go after spak and instead had a weak vote on frozen for only posting once 390 - fanny stays consistent

fanny IMMEDIATELY votes soup upon soup coming in with his big ate **** and states he or lore should go 420 - towny. from scums perspective this is soups big play to get out of towns sights but fanny immediately comes in and ****s on it. if fannys scum, that means both he and ryker committed to the bus pretty early on. this seems a bit harsh the way hes coming down on soup and i dont think he does as partners. he also questions ryker as to what his direction is. normally i wouldnt care about this but voting your partner then immediately questioning the other is a ballsy play most scum dont make

fanny tells soup to chill and reeanalyze 428 - mm. so either hes scum giving soup some coaching and an out to getting **** on or hes town whos continuing to implore soup to give content to cement his read

mocks soup for questioning why ppl are voting him 433 - either some nice theater or hes really annoyed with soup

fanny keeps demanding soup give a readslist and has some fire here 451 - at this point fanny has made like 4, 5 different posts or more getting at soup to produce content. so if hes bussing, hes committed af to it cuz hes been on soups back consistently thus far

soup dodges fannys demand of a readslist 452 - soup continues to dodge fanny on a readslist. soup feels more like a scum ducking a townie than a partner putting on a show of "lol im not gonna give you what you want" which is usually not how partners play it

if fanny is scum then he had to have done some triangle **** where he pressed both ryker and soup around the same time with a good amount of passion/conviction. as i keep reading soup and fanny spar they dont feel like partners

fanny stays with the questioning of soup trying to get him to talk about his suspicion of spak 453 - consistent pressure of soup continues

soup
he asks fanny "why do readslists matter so much?" after fanny pushes him 436 - ok. so if fanny and soup are partners fanny has been pushing a line where hes pressing soup to produce a readslist after soup **** his pants in the thread. he then votes soup after soup comes in with a big ate post and demands more reads. soup is pretty much like "lol why" in response. this is WEIRD to do as partners. as a partner you want to produce the reads list so you can start wiggling your way out of the noose. or do SOMETHING to get ppl off of you. so as a partner fanny would be giving soup a "softball" here but soup doesnt take it. that doesnt read like a planned out thing. it reads like soup wanting to continue to not contribute anything of substance and dismiss a townies demand of him

soup votes pythag at rans behest 445 - notating this as i stew on what it means

ryker and soup hav some back n forth on page 12 - notating as i watch how ryker/soup interacted with a partner. trying to think of how theyd interact with another one

ryker
ryker gives a longwinded answer to fannys question earlier where he describes lore/soup 439 - this means that if fanny/ryker/soup was the team fanny did this weird thing where he engaged both of them at once early on in the game. soup blows him off, and ryker plays ball by coming up with a big hypothetical where soup is possibly scum. thats a really ****ing weird way to distance from your partner. most scumteams dont do **** like this; its too convoluted

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
post 440/page 12 for myself

leaning pythag hard at the moment. main reason is that if fanny is scum he would have had to do the **** at the bottom of the following quote. look at this post HERE where he immediately pushes back against soups ate and goes into a brief questioning of ryker. if hes scum hes engaging both of his partners at once. looks more like a townie with some good instincts there. some other **** like pythags vote on frozen d1 reminds me of a scum whos not really sure of where to push

presses soup on a readslist again 380 - this is something fanny consistently does: follow up on his questions. im lightly inclined to say hes not a scum partner of soup right now. hes got a persistence to him while also maintaining an idea that he needs to dig deeper to figure out soups alignment. hes not throwing softball, worthless questions his way and letting him get away with not doing anything like i think a partner would

defends himself against pythag and doubles down on how pythag failed to go after spak and instead had a weak vote on frozen for only posting once 390 - fanny stays consistent

fanny IMMEDIATELY votes soup upon soup coming in with his big ate **** and states he or lore should go 420 - towny. from scums perspective this is soups big play to get out of towns sights but fanny immediately comes in and ****s on it. if fannys scum, that means both he and ryker committed to the bus pretty early on. this seems a bit harsh the way hes coming down on soup and i dont think he does as partners. he also questions ryker as to what his direction is. normally i wouldnt care about this but voting your partner then immediately questioning the other is a ballsy play most scum dont make

fanny tells soup to chill and reeanalyze 428 - mm. so either hes scum giving soup some coaching and an out to getting **** on or hes town whos continuing to implore soup to give content to cement his read

mocks soup for questioning why ppl are voting him 433 - either some nice theater or hes really annoyed with soup

fanny keeps demanding soup give a readslist and has some fire here 451 - at this point fanny has made like 4, 5 different posts or more getting at soup to produce content. so if hes bussing, hes committed af to it cuz hes been on soups back consistently thus far

soup dodges fannys demand of a readslist 452 - soup continues to dodge fanny on a readslist. soup feels more like a scum ducking a townie than a partner putting on a show of "lol im not gonna give you what you want" which is usually not how partners play it

if fanny is scum then he had to have done some triangle **** where he pressed both ryker and soup around the same time with a good amount of passion/conviction. as i keep reading soup and fanny spar they dont feel like partners

fanny stays with the questioning of soup trying to get him to talk about his suspicion of spak 453 - consistent pressure of soup continues

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
D1 End Votecount:

Soup (1): marshy
Lore (5): Ryker, soup, tom, Orange, Kevin
OrangeXHTML (7): Gorf, Frozen Flame, Pythag, Ranmaru, Kary, Lore, Fandangox
another question to sit on

how/why did fanny and pythag end up on spak instead of soup (or even lore i guess)? look at progressions there

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
kevin if youre still sussing fanny tell me why plz. hes looked good at what i read so far. i still have a chunk to go thru but i got thru a lot of meaty content and pythag looks way worse so far. if fannys scum he would have had to bus/pressure soup consistently while also keeping a wide range of avenues that he pursued d1. its different from ryker who mostly just **** on soup and was too narrow on him for the sake of gaining cred. i want to b on the same page in case youre seeing something i dont

im out prolly for the night. might check sporadically tomorrow but dont expect ANYTHING from me this weekend. i might b able to get a few phone posts in but this is not my priority at all. so ill get at yall soon

REQUEST DEADLINE EXTENSION

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have many questions regarding this game that I can't wait to ask after it's over.

pythag can you walk me thru your progression on me?

i remember you shading me a bit d2 but yesterday was a turnaround
D1 I was legit confused as you called out lore for his hypotheticals. That was weird, but guess it could be playstyle thing
D2 I was suspect because 1. your posts post soup claim were suspect on a reread :

Man, I'm stuck on him. I really really want him to be town. He's been asking interesting questions, but I'm still stuck on his reaction to soup.

specifically these two posts :

the first one, I don't know why you would assume scum would kill an oracle. That seems like it only benefits town. Unless he's referring to town would lynch him.

the second one...if there's actual doubt, I don't totally know why he would voice this. Gorf called him out saying "then vote orange." It just hit me as weird.

1 soup was dead as soon as he claimed either by town or scum. outed investigatives rarely, if ever, live to endgame. it just doesnt happen

2 i was just thinking aloud

i dont get why you take issue with me thinking over the consequences of lynching the potential oracle when other players flat out refused to lynch him because of it
And also you bringing up your case on Lore. I don't care that you said you were 'first' I thought it was a stupid case because you were literally basing it off of him stating hypotheticals. You even defended your early read -

im not going to throw out years of a good track record reading someone with my own metrics just cuz you say not to. not trying to b a ****, but its where im coming from
I chalked that up D1 to it being a difference in play style, but D2 it looked like you were trying to lean on that case more, so I didn't enjoy that.

D3 - Voting me right out of the bat, I looked at it and I can see how I'd be seen as scummy given my EoD post about being ok with soup dying, so I don't necessarily think that I should look at your vote and say "oh marshy is totally scum", which was not the case with Orange. I didn't think orange had a legit case, and it looked / 'felt'? like he was trying to bus someone me without a case.
You looked logical, and it felt earnest.

D4 - with Ryker flip, that honestly gives me pause, because Ran had said he thought scum was Marshy/Ryker - I'm mulling that over rn, wrt how much credence to give Ran.

- initially reads spak vs lore as tvt then doubles back to spak being scum when some more consensus goes his way. reads like a scum who knew both were town, saw the tides turning against them, and saw an avenue to **** on townies
Or it could be that I thought he didn't have a legit case but wanted to push someone who was demonstrating to be a weak/bad player.

With Gorf casing me early on like that, it's hard to not feel totally exposed, and like I've got a big target on my back.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I am looking right now at Pythag > Fan > Marshy but I really need a hard re-read of this game before I can commit to anything.

And this fandingo bingo would sure feel empty if he was the last townie.

God mafia can be so difficult

Fandangox

Smash Lord
fan where is your head at here?
My head right now is that between Pythag and Marshy, the last scum would obviously be in Pythag. When I ISO'd the slot earlier due to his stances on me I saw he didn't have a lot of input, and didn't seem to step deep into pressuring any slots at all, and they didn't seem to always follow up the questions he made, meaning he was more worried about trying to appear to create content, rather than scumhunt. And his stances shift without really explaing why. and I've been townreading Marshy for most of the game.

But I was also townreading Ryker for most of the game and was wrong on Ran so Im trying to consider if I might be wrong again here.

And this is huge Wifom, but I can't see why Scum!Pythag would nightkill Gorf who was defending him, and had me as scum, when night killing Marshy would make him easy for me to be the myslynch since Gorf and you already suspected me, unless Ryker made the kill, and then got shot, but Im not quite sure what the order is supposed to be going by Giraff's post here #754
Although I can't also see much reason why Ryker would nightkill Gorf either, since I suspected Gorf and and if Ryker and Pythag were scumates they could have probably pushed for Gorf to be the myslinch since Pythag's stance on me changed through the phase and would have had an excuse to vote him.

But Marshy also voted Soup after the claim, and #437 asks Soup why Ryker can be solved later in the game and posts like these two: #489 #512 made me think he is not aligned with Ryker and that his reasonings for voting Soup were genuine.

I still haven't finished my re-read, but from where I am so far I'd say based on how they were playing Pythag is the last scum, he's beem all over the place, and the reasons I have to suspect Marshy are less about his play and more mechanical from my PoV.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
But Marshy I do have a couple of questions for you.

Give what you said here:

letting the game progress organically just means ppl dropping votes, wagoning, crafting arguments, etc. i dont mean lore any offense here cuz hes said this is his first time doing it but i love ppl trying to engage multiple ppl with questions when im scum. its easy and gives a simple roadmap to navigate my way thru the day by looking like im contributing when really im just saying what i kno ppl want to hear. it can help create a gamestate where too many townies are engaging in reaction instead of dynamism; id take this lore vs soup wagons over forced questions any day
How does that compare to what you said about my playstyle here?

if fannys scum he would have had to bus/pressure soup consistently while also keeping a wide range of avenues that he pursued d1.
The way I play is by asking various questions to most of the players to try to get a reads and a feel of where town is at.
Basically why townread me over something you say you'd do if you were scum?

and

think its scummy how lore is sticking to this hypothetical as a means to push discussion. gave im a pass for the first time but it feels contrived at this point

and why the continued engagement of pythag? i mean him no offense but if i was scum pythags a player i would press considering how ppl found him scummy last game. its convenient and just a weird direction to go as town rn

dont like how he opened the question up to the floor either. why not just let the game progress organically? thatll do much more for reads than the route hes taken
This echoes what Gorf said about him thinking the people that were pressuring Pythag were scum, and why he was suspecting me since I was also pushing Pythag. I know this was post about Lore pushing Pythag was really early, but any reason you never called me out me pressuring pythag through the game?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Marshy. Did you ever openly go at it with Ryker this game and I'm missing it. I haven't finished a full reread yet so I'll get there eventually but in the interest of saving time.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
And also explain how and why your read on me changed too, you didn't really say anything other than you did a re-read and you thought I was scumhunting in your #2,363
Your interactions with Ryker, as I said it really seemed like you two were peas in a pod, but not in a buddying way? I seem to recall multiple posts liked by one another wrt soup lynch, etc. So I said it looked like you two were finding conclusions and meeting there, not a planned interaction. Your questions seem to lead you to where you're going.

Here is a quote of yours that does stick around though :

Personally, my notes for Gorf always read: "If Gorf is townreading you, that's a universal scumtell"
It's wifom, I know, but it'd be good to keep the townies separate from each other if you knew that they were both town.

#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy can you also explain why you changed your vote from me to Ran yesterDay?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
yo

just got back from a roughly 5 hr drive

pacquiao the greatest of all time

ill b here tomorrow

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
But Marshy I do have a couple of questions for you.

Give what you said here:

How does that compare to what you said about my playstyle here?

The way I play is by asking various questions to most of the players to try to get a reads and a feel of where town is at.
Basically why townread me over something you say you'd do if you were scum?
you consistently follow up your questions in a meaningful way. in my reread i noticed you kept coming back to soup, lore, pythag in a way that looked like a townie revisiting their reads and digging further each time. its opposed to scum who will just use it to manipulate everything a townies saying

regarding your treatment of pythag it was fine with me because it seemed to come from a place that had reasoning. lore looked he just picked a name out of the hat and started questioning him in an inane way. like scum talking for the sake of talking

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Alright so if Marshy is scum I’m gonna lose and I’m alright with that. So Marshy where are we looking pal?
probably pythag

not surprised to see me having skyrocket to the top of his scumreads after i started the day off pushing him. i wanted to see where/what he would do over the weekend while i was gone and i dont see any effort to actually solve the game

im finishing my reread tonight or at least making headway into it. but for now

vote pythag

Top Bottom