• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fandangox Fandangox

I thought I told you?

I was town reading Kevin, Kevin claims a hard scum read on you.

So I just plugged you there because I had no better read. Ryker saw that. Did you not?

Ryker absolutely having you as his #1 town read gave me pause though, especially as here was info or opinion being presented from two people that I had as town, and from what I recall he hadn’t posted much about you with regard to that.

So I reread,
I will say that on my reread you and Ryker are always together, whether planned or not. So I probably shouldn’t have been surprised.

I thought I had to figure out Kevin and Ryker to figure you out

Ryker and gorf’s dialogue toDay reads a lot like tvt, and if you couldn’t tell by some of my questions to Gorf, I’m not exactly sold on his case on you.
with Ryker already benefitting in my mind from my reread.. it leads me to lean team Ryker Fanny instead of Kevin/Gorf.

Which would leave scumteam as Kevin/Ran, (with potential for Gorf, but I don’t think so)
because I’m sold on Marshy being town.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
You only mentioned you re-read but didn't really explain the why, but a lot of your opinions on the slots seem to depend on other people's reads as well. Tell me where your head is at, without having to bring other people's opinion on a slot

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
You only mentioned you re-read but didn't really explain the why, but a lot of your opinions on the slots seem to depend on other people's reads as well. Tell me where your head is at, without having to bring other people's opinion on a slot
1.I think it’s a little unfair to pick on reads being based on other reads, literally this game is reading other people as they read others.
2. I’m on mobile

Nevertheless...

Ryker looks best:
Ryker called out soup from the beginning.
Open mafia he said.
Pushed his lynch all day.
Doesn’t involve himself in the lynch too much, except to pretty much agree that orange’s case is bad and those on the lynch aren’t ‘wrong’
Kevin actually followed this.
They didn’t budge, D1.

D2 Ryker is pretty much same ol’ same ol’, and he looks really good when soup tried to self hammer.

D2 Kevin is strange. Finds a bingo on you, yet doesn’t vote you, or push you as far as I can recall. (Again on mobile, so @ me if I’m wrong) He brings up competing wagons, yet it’s...lore? Not his “bingo” or the open scum that Ryker has called last game. I can’t tell if that’s his enormous crank drawing too much blood from his brain or what.

And to Gorf, Kevin was super early in declaring this read, is it weird for you that Kevin didn’t try to push it harder? Ive got his case, I can quote it later tonight if you would like.
That was your issue with Fanny, why haven’t you pushed Kevin on it?

Ran is literally all over the place, which for me is kinda null, he literally goes back and forth between scum being soup, lore, Ryker, and marshy. I think everyone but me he’s convinced is scum. I don’t like his swing at marshy, as marshy’s play makes perfect sense to me.
I don’t think he’s responded to that yet.

I had to decide if you’re merely buddying Ryker trying to be close to him because he’s town read, but it looks like you reach some conclusions he has yet to voice, (in d1 and 2)and he likes your comments. This leads me to think you aren’t buddying, but rather both actively Scum-hunting

Marshy’s play lines up exactly with what I would expect, his arguments against soup and me ring true. I think he’s town, especially due to his soup interactions. I should reread his d2.

Gorf - I haven’t seen an ascension this day.
I don’t know why he would so actively be reading me town, as scum when he openly stated last game he knew my play style and could use it.
I don’t know if that’s to gain trust with me, I don’t know why he would need it tbh.

So Ryker and Fanny look good
Marshy looks good, though I should check out d2
Gorf is null?
Ran is null? Though if I trust marshy he’s finding ran scummy based on meta.
Kevin is scummy until someone explains why not

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Fandangox(1): Gorf
Ranmaru(2): Fandangox, Marshy

Not Voting: KevinM, Pythag, Ryker, Ranmaru

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

DEADLINE IS 12 hours and 18 minutes from this post.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Twelve hours left. I don't really think trying to summon a Kevin wagon to satisfy my own paranoia is correct. That leaves me Ranmaru and Pythag. I can either try and make an 11th hour push onto Pythag by uniting with Kevin, Ranmaru and likely Gorf, or I can just lynch Ranmaru who looks scummy as balls instead of conspicuously null leaning scum on D3 and is being voted by my two biggest town reads.

Hmm.

I'll vote Ran, but I'll keep him from being at L-1 until he claims.

Get in if you have things to talk about this phase. God it's been slow.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
plays discussed toDay:

marshy: pythag, ran
gorf: fanny, ran, pythag(?)
fanny: ran, gorf
ryker (not vig): kevm, pythag, ran
ran (not vig): marshy, kevin
kevin: ran, everybody else(?)
pythag: kevin, ran, gorf(?)

feel free to correct me if i have any information wrong but theres a single connecting thread throughout all of these reads that cant be avoided

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I haven't done the read yet, honestly. I'm VT. Would rather I just go today so that you guys have the information for LYLO. I'll just give my gut reads on the whole cast that should be consistent with my whole play this game:

TOWN [Gorf > Fanny > Kevin M > Pythag] [Ryker > Marshy] SCUM

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ranmaru ranmaru you really can't see ANY reason that marshy would've voted me? You're finding him scummy because of that?/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem like a play I would expect him to make if we are truly to win this game. I just think we are likely to lose this game the direction we are going right now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No. Ryker has been showing some sense of solving this phase so I might re-consider and look at Pythag. (Since he's next in line after Ryker) I liked your D1 questioning of Ryker. Thing is Marshy and Ryker have not really given reads lists and have been very reactive for a long time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You claimed it earlier in the day, when Ryker was asking for vig to claim, is that what you’re referring to?
All I claimed was not vig. Doesn't mean I claimed VT specifically there.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I should clarify, Marshy and Ryker have been very laid back this game. Pythag did notice it as well, stating that Ryker only started doing things in the later half of D1.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's all gut. I didn't have the desire to comb through the entire thread to look at more things. Also note that he stayed on SOUP in EOD of Day 1 without trying to push back towards his direction, even though Marshy posted with a bubble tea looking like he was going to solve things.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
In a lylo with Ryker and Marshy alive, I would say lynch Marshy.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
vote Kevin

I don't like Kevin's D2/D3 Which is essentially :

Kevin think's fanny's a bingo
Kevin is apparently still trusting ryker that soup is open mafia
Kevin ends the game on Lore.

D1: Ryker tells Kevin soup is open mafia, and Kevin jump on that and don't deviate. soup doesn't die, however.

D2: Ryker is still on soup, it looks like kevin tries to mimick Ryker, by casually throwing out his "bingo", Ryker seems to flat out ignore this.

D3: despite his convictions, Kevin didn't come out leading the charge against Fandango, all he's offered is some half assed 'nah' while he hasn't voted anywhere all day.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I should mention I'm ok voting Ran, but I'm currently I'm very ok with a kevin/ran competing wagon forming

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Nah, would rather not.

I’m sure you’re ok with both wagons forming since you haven’t had a solid stance until the end of D3 anyways so might as well dilute it just in case

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
i feel like rans silence at this juncture, as well as an overall lack of oomph in a lot of his play, is probably the most meta-telling trait of him being a scumbag when compared to anything else we might expect or whatnot. playstyle change can be an awkward thing and for that i dont discredit him directly for not doing exactly what we might expect him to. but all things considered playstyle is not who you are. ranmarus shifts on reads were haphazard and unwieldily at times and there are a lot of places where he seems like he shouldnt be, and does do a good bit of work to get the lynch directed elsewhere. but the fact that, toDay, he is faced with his reads being wrong. and his response is to check in, leave very little in terms of scumreads/substantiation for what are honestly hot takes with this state of game, and default to feeling dejected because he was wrong.

one big thing about ran last game is that he when he was unabashedly wrong he was unapologetically willing to reconsider and jump into another theory that was unabashedly wrong and was willing to continue to do so until he felt like he really found scum by eod. instead, here, he does jump around d1 and d2 but it seems to be with little discernible intent to broaden his reads. he interacts and plays the game more than people give him credit for, but what did it amount to? i thought by like mid d2 that ran would have been conjuring something in the back of his head, and that he would be making a stronger push after the soup and lore thing got all sorted out. and he does: marshy and ryker are scum. but he doesnt do anything with it. hes given up.

ill be able to at least float around until deadline so theres no need to worry about missing hammer, but im bout this lynch

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think the way Soup is playing is inherently anti-town but it’s also the same way he used to act like a ****ing baby whenever a lynch pool happened on him. I don’t think there’s a chance in hell Lore vs Soup is SvS. And I’d be pretty ***** to believe its TvT
Ok, so there's scum between these two players. Most people agreed to that.

But, Kevin has hated the Ran slot for awhile, he's been quite vocal about this. I can go find quotes if you want, but he's been super vocal.

Leaning towards Soup town/Lore scum but I hate that conclusion because I hate Rans slot and Lore pressures Ran in a way that lines up with what I’ve been seeing.
Ok....

D1 Kevin was on soup. Didn't budge.
D2 Kevin switched and voted Lore despite his solid stance on Ran.
Kevin's voting against his own scum read of Ran?

Why not figure that the scum team Soup/Ran/(one more) instead?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, are you leaning on Ran being town now?
Not necessarily.
Could be a bus, as no one has liked Ran's slot for a few days.

if I'm taking you, fanny and marshy as town
that leaves Ran/Gorf/Kevin as my pool.

marshy has posted that his vote is mostly off of meta
Gorf has also talked about meta.
I don't have too much to go on with regard to that, other than previous game, which he looks somewhat similar, but he's admittedly been trying a new play style, so this is kinda moot.

I don't know what to make of Ran's attitude.

Honestly don't care if I am lynched right now, but before you all do I have to ask to give me time to do one thorough read over and make sure I put out a reads list. Plus my lynch will be good for information anyway. When is deadline?
This befuddles me.
Is it town rolling over, or mafia who just doesn't have the energy, idk

I'm trying to think what information we get out of this lynch if he's town.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Like if he's town, is he anticipating we learn that he's not the vig?
As to date, many people have talked about how they don't like his reads, so I don't even know what his reads list would teach us either.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Thing is Marshy and Ryker have not really given reads lists and have been very reactive for a long time.
i really havent tho

d1 i started sentiment against lore and soup which has been a focal point of the game

yesterday i tried to kill soup all day

today im pushing you and pushed pythag earlier

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Marshy would you last minute lynch Pythag? Jusssss curious
id consider it. if you want the lynch there feel free to push there n ill check again near deadline.. itd b good to see what people say with competitive wagons. dont let me stop you from pushing your hardest scumread

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Is this EoD D2?

Ran - hated the slot all game
Fanny - is a bingo
Better push lore pythag
Yeah it’s pretty great that way i can get rid of the last slot that hasn’t taken a stance the entire game and is hard to read because instead of playing like a townie they’ve just listed everything as null or avoided questions; and then just win the game toMorrow. It’s p sweet imo

Top Bottom