• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ryker if I was eating out of Kevin's hand I would've thrown a vote down. Kevin saying "Fanny's a bingo" twice is interesting to me, and hard to shake but I haven't seen much other than that.

Kevin's said he'll write more. I'll wait to hear that.

ranmaru ranmaru you really can't see ANY reason that marshy would've voted me? You're finding him scummy because of that?

G Gorf I think I disagree with you, Fanny's looking better to me EoD1. He and Ryker both want soup, yes, while you, I and a few others wanted at least one day for oracle on the off chance it was true. Ryker had laid out why he thought Orange's case was garbage, and if you were town/null, and leading a charge on orange, I don't see that big of an issue with Fanny switching, even if he wasn't the more convinced that Soup was scum. Would you have preferred a no lynch occurred?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
shut the **** up ryker was gung ho on a soup lynch
I don't really like this slot and if someone that isn't Soup is going, it's a fine candidate. Currently waiting on responses from stuff I've asked, but I REALLY despise the stuff most recent in the thread where he doesn't want to talk to Gorf anymore or actually push Pythag when the lynch falls on those he's defending if he doesn't act.
Ryker is gung ho on a soup, but concedes orange's slot is a fine one to vote on. Thoughts?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
thoughts are that it wouldnt take much to get ryker in on giving the soup wagon one last push if soups his scumread, and that its worth a shot if he has the time (he did) since hes fannys scumread up against a null slot.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
1.) Is there scum on the Orange Wagon D1 and who is it?
Look at my case on Ran, and for the wagon on orange specifically see how he praises Soup on his #331 for bringing suspicion on Spak (this is immediately before his "joke" vote on you) but yet he likes a post of Marshy where Marshy points out how weird it was for Soup to do a joke vote right after, so he had to be aware of Soup's scummy play, but decides to defend the slot later. Later when he points a small case on spak and then much later he switches to Orange on his #763 without giving any reasoning.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Ryker if I was eating out of Kevin's hand I would've thrown a vote down. Kevin saying "Fanny's a bingo" twice is interesting to me, and hard to shake but I haven't seen much other than that.

Kevin's said he'll write more. I'll wait to hear that.

ranmaru ranmaru you really can't see ANY reason that marshy would've voted me? You're finding him scummy because of that?

G Gorf I think I disagree with you, Fanny's looking better to me EoD1. He and Ryker both want soup, yes, while you, I and a few others wanted at least one day for oracle on the off chance it was true. Ryker had laid out why he thought Orange's case was garbage, and if you were town/null, and leading a charge on orange, I don't see that big of an issue with Fanny switching, even if he wasn't the more convinced that Soup was scum. Would you have preferred a no lynch occurred?
In your #2,251 it seemed like I was the only one you were scumreading, why did it change again? Your read on me has been inconsistent all game

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
In your #2,251 it seemed like I was the only one you were scumreading, why did it change again? Your read on me has been inconsistent all game
I can answer these, but I really am curious why you're not asking these questions of Kevin, who labelled you a bingo twice.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
And since Im sure you mentioned something like this somewhere near the end of D2, if you are gonna ask why I didn't ask him to elaborate on why he was scumreading me the first time he called me a bingo without saying why, I did ask him to elaborate, and he replied with something like "I'll get there babygirl" or something

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I did then further elaborate on it in my big ol post if you go back. God damn Sad Summer Fest was amazing and worth the sun burn.

Gonna read and start playing again, sup fellas

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Please tell me my inconsistencies, I feel I've actually been consistent to the information I've known at the time.

D1 : I didn't like your lore vote. so it was gut read.
D2: You asked me to clarify, and I said, on a reread, I've got nothing, so I guess I can't substantiate a gut read.
D3: I've only brought up that Kevin said you were a bingo and that it interested me because I had an early gut read. I am curious to see what he has for this.

If anything I would think this is indicative of a null view of you.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Please tell me my inconsistencies, I feel I've actually been consistent to the information I've known at the time.

D1 : I didn't like your lore vote. so it was gut read.
D2: You asked me to clarify, and I said, on a reread, I've got nothing, so I guess I can't substantiate a gut read.
D3: I've only brought up that Kevin said you were a bingo and that it interested me because I had an early gut read. I am curious to see what he has for this.

If anything I would think this is indicative of a null view of you.
#389 ""Fandangox currently on top of my scumlist" alongside Spak, and it was due to my lore vote, and due to misinterpretation of what I said about your skap read and FF vote.

When I pressed about it much later you reply in #997

"Also it would appear I read fandangox’s post wrong. That I will blame on the phone. Sorry dude. I’ve been gut reading you as kinda scummy, and was excited to have something more concrete." Now saying it was a gutread.

#1,111 Here again you call me and Spak scumreads, but flipfop around it saying "I’m still gut reading flamingos as scum, but I don’t a real case developed on him. He could very easily not be scum."

Here, replying to me, Im now Null #1,329

Then you said #1,408 "my eyebrow is raised at fanny still" and that's when I pressed you about just throwing my name without really doing much with it and then you said you ISO'd me #1,455 and then said "Nothing you're doing is really that scummy. at least that I can see from my iso"

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fandangox Fandangox

my 2,251 was an initial reaction

if I had been reading kevin as town, who claims you're a bingo, that's the closest thing I had at the time.

If I was completely certain about that, I would've thrown a vote on there. But I wasn't.
I mean, I even have a question mark on the reads list.

I reread today, and I clearly have to decide about Ryker and Kevin
Especially after rereading their interactions EoD yesterDay, Plus the talking going on
It's hard to trust even wagon positioning because both of them are very audible and have a history of busing the ever loving crap out of scummates.

Having reread I'm actually more trying to find how I feel about Ryker and Kevin, in order to inform my view on you.

I'm trying to develop views and reads. I guess I don't view that as inconsistent.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
god my entire view of Ryker is just would he bus Soup for two full days. And if he would I don’t get getting off him at end of D1.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
marshy whats your read on ran? i remember earlier in the game you said you read him as null!town, does that still hold up?
trending down

i keep having this thought that he could b the missing piece that i havent been able to find. cuz of the usual "if hes not obv scum d1 hes town" thing

i hav trouble believing that he believes some of the things he says. like thinking lore was scum with soup, then just shading me for shading lore who he also scumread, me and ryker are bros, etc. its like he keeps reaching for the unlikeliest scenarios at hand and its stretching past the point of believability. i also remember a couple of years ago when i rolled scum with him and he was stiff and lacked dat ranmaru fire. i feel like hes been similar here. hes felt limp in comparison

i can def see him flippin scum

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
also i was busy yesterday and hav some **** to take care of this afternoon. ill b around in the evening

#HBC | Gorf

ranmaru ranmaru
trending down

i keep having this thought that he could b the missing piece that i havent been able to find. cuz of the usual "if hes not obv scum d1 hes town" thing

i hav trouble believing that he believes some of the things he says. like thinking lore was scum with soup, then just shading me for shading lore who he also scumread, me and ryker are bros, etc. its like he keeps reaching for the unlikeliest scenarios at hand and its stretching past the point of believability. i also remember a couple of years ago when i rolled scum with him and he was stiff and lacked dat ranmaru fire. i feel like hes been similar here. hes felt limp in comparison

i can def see him flippin scum
my take

whenever ive come to conclude that ran is town when he’s town its been the connecting thread. and for some of the things hes chosen to bite at, i dont see much of connecting thread. his line of reasoning for a marshy scum read has been really stale as well as his ryker scum read (which if im not mistaken he’s done little to nothing with?). and looking back at before soup imploded, their back and forth reads back pretty weak. soup gives a little nudge here and ran gives one back, and if im not mistaken it’s when i really lean in on soup that ran starts to make more of a bite. his reasonings for going on and off soup seem more arbitrary than carefully thought over.

#HBC | Gorf

I think this quote shows us why Marshy is scum. Especially the red, as this is a stretch on Lore and being unfair.
i dont think those arguments are necessarily unfair. dude straight up gave him botd once, and he did it again. the lore hypotheticals are also pretty weird to be fair, especially without knowledge of his alignment. so i cant hate.

Reason why I was waiting so long before pushing Marshy was to see if his pushes would be correct. I don't really see that energy from him, even though he was right on Soup. EOD of Day 1 he didn't really push that hard at the end when we got off Soup. I expected something from him there but he stayed quiet. Although, I'm more confident Ryker is scum here today. I might be wrong on Marshy but another thing that gives me pause is that Marshy is still alive today. I also don't get why he's pushing Pythag of all people. Doesn't seem like a lynch that would actually get scum in this desperate situation for town.
-i dont think its fair to mark his push as wholly incorrect. his push was "i smell scum in the pool of soup/lore/spak, and he called that **** early. he was moreso interested in seeing how any of his three lynches he approved of acted, while making it clear that he wanted soup while also voicing an understanding of the argument. we dont have the chance to see a d3 with lore but he said that on scum!soup hed take a hard look to see whos scum since lore+soup is a tough sell. while being wholly on the soup wagon.

-why is ryker your more confident scumread but marshy is your lead?

-marshy being alive is inherently wifom and i have more pause at the fact that kevin is still alive rather than marshy

-@the last blurb about pushing pythag: whats your read on pythag and can you go more into detail about why you think marshys push on pythag is... bad? disingenuous? idk because the last sentence is pretty vague with what your accusation of it actually is

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm still trying to finish putting my reads through a blender.

I STILL want that vig claim because I want that clear to solve today. If we mislynch today without it, then we're banking the game on the vig to either shoot correctly tonight or to win in a possible LyLo CC scenario.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Fandangox Fandangox

my 2,251 was an initial reaction

if I had been reading kevin as town, who claims you're a bingo, that's the closest thing I had at the time.

If I was completely certain about that, I would've thrown a vote on there. But I wasn't.
I mean, I even have a question mark on the reads list.

I reread today, and I clearly have to decide about Ryker and Kevin
Especially after rereading their interactions EoD yesterDay, Plus the talking going on
It's hard to trust even wagon positioning because both of them are very audible and have a history of busing the ever loving crap out of scummates.

Having reread I'm actually more trying to find how I feel about Ryker and Kevin, in order to inform my view on you.

I'm trying to develop views and reads. I guess I don't view that as inconsistent.
I mean I view it as inconsistent cause you didn't seem to be firm about it, and you still had me as possibly scum at the start of this phase, but then seemed to change. So why did your read on me change?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I'm still trying to finish putting my reads through a blender.

I STILL want that vig claim because I want that clear to solve today. If we mislynch today without it, then we're banking the game on the vig to either shoot correctly tonight or to win in a possible LyLo CC scenario.
Aside from the Vig claim what else are you waiting on? Don't you have anything else to say?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So, first blush:

Fanny has been one of the slots I thought was doing the best throughout this game. I'm still waiting on that context from #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf because I remember his EoD as a positive thing and it appears to be the primary reason that Gorf hates him. That and his initial Soup vote, which I could also use a refresher on.

Because I like Fanny, this leads me to like Kevin and Gorf a lot less. If you change my read on Fanny, then I can forgive more, but all I can see is Gorf at the wrong place the entire game and now it looks, from my perspective, like he's still in the wrong place. I want to give this slot the benefit of the doubt, ESPECIALLY for Day 1 since I think that Orange push came from a good place. That slot needed looking at. When I want to push this slot, I harken back to D1 where he did a read trade with me and basically split it down the middle on a couple of the slots that we both needed to look at. Looking back to around that time, I can understand the formation of that read and it only looks bad because it ended up being wrong.

Kev drives me insane because everyone apparently has him as town and I don't understand. His D1 was a Kevin D1. It's pretty thin. That said, I didn't mind it too much, it just isn't much. Then there's D2. Where we have the Lore push at the last second and the Fanbingo. I will go through and reread Kev's contribution D2 if someone will sell me on why Kevin is hard town here in the thread.

~~~~~~~~

My Kevin and Gorf reads hinge a lot on my read of Fanny. The rest of these don't.

Ran's case on Marshy seems like a reach in order to set him up as my partner. Which, unfortunately, is null since he does that **** as town, I think. He comes up with these teams based on the way they've interacted with his scumbag of choice. He has linked me and Marshy since he can no longer attempt to link me and Lore.

Then you have Ranmaru himself. Lynching this slot is PAINFUL to do because I have no idea what his alignment is. So, his playstyle shift is incredibly unfortunate right now because I can't tell what is Ran trying to take a step back and what is Ran trying to pain a pretty scum picture for the town. The biggest thing I'm missing from him right now is a willingness to reach out which I normally feel from townRan. I have said there were two different things I would cover with him if there were more time in the phase during EoD yesterday. I have intentionally left that open, but he appears completely uninterested in talking to me. He'd rather just talk about me. That's my least favorite thing about Ran, the only time I can remember him talking to someone he was reading as a scumbag was Lore and, iirc, that's because Lore was forcing the issue. His reads themselves have been shoddy (Lore not doing anything, Marshy being condemned for looking into Soup, Lore, Spak which he thought was the scumteam originally, and then I don't think he's presented why he thinks I'm scum). BUT, again, there is a real chance this is because of the way he's stepped back from the game.

Pythag, he's just kinda been around. I'm not a fan or a hater. This is the one slot I do HAVE to go back and read and I would really appreciate hearing what more people think of this slot.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You're here Fanny. Give me your reads and direction. Tell me how the game looks from your PoV? Talk with me a little.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
You're here Fanny. Give me your reads and direction. Tell me how the game looks from your PoV? Talk with me a little.
Look at my case on Ran, I answered one of the questions you had about the Spak wagon.

Gorf slot I dislike cause he was one of the leading forces of the Spak wagon, his defense on Pythag seems kind of weird for me to Gorf to do that early in the game, and was one of the ones to make the argument for town to let Soup live D1 (although being fair, so was Kary)

Marshy I still really have not problem with the slot, they are not as active, but I think the only game I've played with the was Fire and Lighting 2 and that was ages ago so I don't really have meta for me going on here, during my re-read I didn't really find anything that was worrisome, and one of his very early posts was one of the reasons for me to start focusing on Ran during my re-read. (See my case again for what I mean)

Kevin Im not sure, I didnt like the slot trying to divert the lynch from Soup to Lore D2 and I pressed him for it, but I came off a little bit more positive on the slot after pressing them, but Im still waiting to see what they full this phase.

Pythag I really can't read, I don't know if he reminds of me Spak during his first game or what, if you look at my #2,294 you'll see me kind of ISOing his slot in context to my own, but while I was doing that I foudn that's like half or 3/4 of the entire's slots posts I honestly don't know what to think, is he noobtown like Gorf claimed? Noobscum? He started becoming a little bit more active end of day 2, asking some questions, but I gotta re-read that part and see how they followed up on those.

Your own slot I have no problems with, only exception would be the the timing of your unvote and Soup's self-hammer attempt, but its really just WIFOM and I ended up concluding doing that made as scumteam made no sense, is not like you needed the towncred.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Looking at your interaction with Pythag, I'll need more context around things that aren't your slot still.

Looking at his response below that, I'm REALLY looking forward to where he falls in his promised investigation of me and Kev.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Thanks for the read list. It helps to have it concisely in one place. I'm just sitting here waiting on the same from others. You and I mostly agree, so I have much less to talk about.

Top Bottom