• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Your Maine - June 30th, 2013 - Topsham, ME

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair

Project M and Melee
In the back room.
Entrance Fee $10
Singles then Doubles
Double Elimination
I will not start matches Any later than 12:30 so feel free to show up before 12 in order to sign up.

Ruleset Melee (It is a link, click it.)

Rule set Project M

General
4 stock 8 mins
Double Blind if Elected
Contest Port if Elected
Neutral Start if Elected
Gentleman's Clause
Best 2 of 3
Semis and finals are 3 of 5
Pause only while on re-spawn else lose stock.
RoShamBo to decided who starts Stage striking ABBA rule
Counter Pick follows InternetExplorers 321 rule-
Winner bans 3 stages, loser picks 2, winner picks 1 of the 2

Singles
Neutral Stages:

Counter Pick- All of Page 1 except banned
Banned:
Castle Siege
Halberd
SSE: Jungle
DK64 and Hyrule may be banned at the beginning of the set by either player otherwise they are eligible for counter pick.

Doubles
Team Attack: On
Stock Stealing Allowed
Neutrals

Counter Pick- Page One except Banned
Banned:
Metal Cavern
If there is a Bowser, DDD, Ganon, Charizard, or DK the following need to be Gentlemaned because the characters are so big.
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
WarioWare

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Really looking forward to this :D
I'll do my best to make sure that it runs smoothly so that everyone has a fun time.
Do you know if any of the other guys in the area might come, like Darc, Enrique, Th0rn, etc.

Also, if anyone in the Bangor area sees this message me if you need a ride.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'll do my best to make sure that it runs smoothly so that everyone has a fun time.
Do you know if any of the other guys in the area might come, like Darc, Enrique, Th0rn, etc.

It's funny you mention that, because I've got bad news and good news. Bad news being I won't be able to make it, but the good news is that I passed the word along to other Maine Melee peeps and it sounds like pretty much everyone is interested in attending. They haven't posted in the thread because few of them use Smashboards these days, they just attend stuff by word of mouth.

I can pass word along to the Bangor FGC guys as well, a lot of them have a mild interest in Brawl (not sure how much they have for Melee or P:M) so it wouldn't hurt.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
HOW DO YOU MY NAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I live in Mass now. Though I might visit my family sometime. It might be the week of this tourney who knows.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
HOW DO YOU MY NAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I live in Mass now. Though I might visit my family sometime. It might be the week of this tourney who knows.

I know your name from the Mainemontshire player finder thread or whatever it is called.

It is too bad that you are not going to be able to make it Dazwa, but thank you for passing it on.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Oh, and I also passed word along to other New England Melee ppls. They're usually not too keen on making the trek to Maine, but once again doesn't really hurt to ask.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Oh. Well. That explains it!

NOW WHO ARE YOU? Are you the guy that owns Gamebox?
I am a college student that goes to UMaine, I am from Topsham.
I do not own Gamebox, I will be playing. I and a bunch of friends have started playing smash competitively, mostly Project M but the other games too, and figured hey, why not get a tourney going.

Oh, and I also passed word along to other New England Melee ppls. They're usually not too keen on making the trek to Maine, but once again doesn't really hurt to ask.

Awesome, I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to go all the way up to Maine though, I am putting this tourney on because I would rather not travel all the way down to Mass, at least not until I am better.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
Aiming to use CRT TV's only, but I'm unaware of how many we currently have. Wrestlemania most likely has a better answer for this.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
If any of the Melee players could bring their memory card it would be greatly appreciated. I currently only have 2 memory cards with everything unlocked, even though I have more than 2 Melee set ups.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Use the same memory card in each cube.

The cube retains all the data after loading it. Once you hit the menu screen you take the memory card out and place it in another cube.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
I'm going, obviously :). I'm absolutely sure Banks and Th0rn will be able to make it too unless something crazy happens. Same can be said for Jinjo and Neji most likely. I was shocked to see Topsham, the town I grew up in hosting a Melee tournament Lol

I'll bring at least one setup, possibly two.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
I'm going, obviously :). I'm absolutely sure Banks and Th0rn will be able to make it too unless something crazy happens. Same can be said for Jinjo and Neji most likely. I was shocked to see Topsham, the town I grew up in hosting a Melee tournament Lol

I'll bring at least one setup, possibly two.
That is amazing, I am super excited to get my ass handed to me not going to lie.

Rape Ya Shiz

Smash Rookie
is there a cut off on how many people can enter due to the size of the place? also, is there a certain time the tournament must end by?

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
I'm bringing 2 of my friends, but they will be teaming together. Anyone need a teammate? I'm representing with Fox, Roy, and Doc :p How about you Solar? I remember seeing you at a tourney before, you play Marth right? Also, I'll be bringing at least one setup.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Wow, this turnout is looking like it will be excellent. It's unfortunate that I won't be able to attend, but I hope that this tournament is really good for everyone.
This is going to have a much bigger turn out than initially anticipated this is going to be awesome, looking forward to taking the blame when everything goes to hell.

Metà

Smash Master
would anyone south of portland be willing to swing past cape elizabeth or scarborough on their way to the tournament? i'm kinda stuck here without a ride. I will pay for gas money and for the convenience, I just really need to find a way to get to the tournament :<

is the public transit here any good? idk what my options are, i like just got here lol. i'm from vancouver, BC

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
would anyone south of portland be willing to swing past cape elizabeth or scarborough on their way to the tournament? i'm kinda stuck here without a ride. I will pay for gas money and for the convenience, I just really need to find a way to get to the tournament :<

is the public transit here any good? idk what my options are, i like just got here lol. i'm from vancouver, BC
Public Transit in Maine is terrible. There is a train station right outside of Topsham, in Brunswick and you could definitely get a pick up from there, but that could be costly or problematic. Another option is the Bus here is some info on that http://www.gomaine.org/transit/local-bus/ I know someone who live down south there I'll ask him if he is close enough to swing by if you message me where he would be able to pick you up.

Update: I have access to 7 PM set ups but unfortunately only 3 maybe 4 melee setups, I believe I know where I can find another one. Being able to set them all up in the area, is another story. Fingers Crossed.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
I just assumed this was going to be held on a Saturday. Yeah, most Melee tourneys are on Saturdays. I don't have Sundays off, so guess I won't be coming to this. Shame :(

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
At Last count I have heard of 42 people interested in coming not including 3 who have said they will not make it.
Now assuming that only 2/3 show up that is still 28. Alright, Nice!
Also I have 11 CRT TVs (and 1 too small to play on.)
7 Wiis with Project M
2 GC with Melee and 1 Wii with Melee.
If someone brings a copy of Melee I am sure we can convert 1 of the Wiis to Melee.
You got 2 day, don't forget your controllers, your $10, and to be ready to rock it.
And just because , here is a picture of Dazwa:dazwa:

Osh

Smash Rookie
Does the entry fee cover us for entry into both tournaments? Or is there an additional fee per tournament?

Top Bottom