• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's your favourite of the Heroes?

Who's your favourite

• Luminary

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Eight

Votes: 42 40.8%
  • Solo

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • Erdrick

Votes: 37 35.9%

• Total voters

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
My favorite is Luminary, can't go wrong with that middle parted hair and the purple color scheme is cool too, in the end i like them all.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I love Eight/Guv and Erdrick the most; The coat and bandana combo and curved sword, and Erdrick’s resemblance to Adult Gohan and general look are so cool!

I’ve also only played DQ3 and DQ8 but I’m hoping to fix that soon.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
DQVIII hero looks the coolest, IMO, but Erdrick is a close second place.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
Luminary reminds me so much of Android 17 with his hair..just for that reason hes 1 of my faves xD

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Really, it’s a hard question. I like them all almost equally, especially these 4.

I think I’ll end up using them all equally the same, but for the sake of voting.

Green Yamcha. I mean, Solo. (Although Eight is a really tight second).

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Eight seems to be dominating the poll currently. Makes enough sense, his game is generally considered to be the most popular in the west.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Never played any of them but on design alone I gotta go with Edrick. He looks like he doesnt take no **** from nobody.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Love them all but Eight is my favorite. I really enjoyed Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2 and on the 3DS. That was my first Dragon Quest game.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
The only one I ever played was DQ8 on PS2.
Because of that, I think Eight is my favourite of the bunch. Edrick comes second as he is what I consider the face of the series heroes (outside of Slime of course)

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
The Guv (Eight) will always be my favorite. My introduction to Dragon Quest and still my favorite. Was disappointed that the 3ds version didn't let you go super saiyan like in the US ps2 version but I guess all the added stuff more than made up for it. 2nd place goes to Erdrick. As for the other 2... not big fans.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I've only played 1-3 and Builders, so my vote goes to Loto/Erdrick :laugh:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I already liked Solo's look more than the other (although I probably play them all), but then I realized that he have a slime earring, and I love how funny it is compared to his overall look. And his alt color even have a Metal Slime earring!

But I gotta say, I do love Eight's sword and shield, with his clothes it's a nice appearance.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
I already liked Solo's look more than the other (although I probably play them all), but then I realized that he have a slime earring, and I love how funny it is compared to his overall look. And his alt color even have a Metal Slime earring!

But I gotta say, I do love Eight's sword and shield, with his clothes it's a nice appearance.
What shield does Eight have?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
After some reaseach (actually just the SSB Wiki!) it's the Dragovian King sword and Dragovian Shield. With his bandana and clothes, he feels more "wild" than the others to me, I like it.

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
it's the Dragovian shield you get from the trials
Dragovian_shield_card.jpg

It's a cool shield. Now this discussion about his shield has me sort of wishing they went with the full Dragovian Armor set as an alternate costume.
dq8zhixian_gsdx_20101105150521.jpg

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Always gotta be Erdrick. Dragon Quest III was a huge part of my childhood, and he's stood out as the ideal 'Hero' design to me since I was 7.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Man, I really need to get into these games. I’ve only ever played VIII, so obviously I have a bias towards that game and character. Although I also do genuinely love Eight’s design. The pirate theme really stands out among the other protagonists. I also have a bit of an attachment with Erdrick due to supporting him so hard these past few months. His color scheme and princely design is also pretty clean.

I really dig Solo’s look, too. It’s very stylized and eccentric, while also keeping things somewhat simple with its limited color scheme. Also, those earrings are bangin. I wish that I knew a damn thing about DQIV, but either way, the dude looks sick.

Sadly, Luminary is probably the least interesting to me. The cross between Trunks and Android 17 isn’t really a great look in my opinion. I also do find it rather strange that they chose him to be the default. I suppose that way the character coincides better with DQXI coming out on Switch. Still, I feel like the highly popular Eight, or the ever so iconic Erdrick would have made more sense as a default skin.

At any rate, I love what they did with this character. I’m gonna make especially since sure to give all four heroes their fair share of love once they’re released.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Erdrick is the only one I'm even remotely familiar with, the original trilogy completed. I started the mobile Port of DQ4, but I didn't make it far in. ( I don't know how anyone can stomach playing a video game on their phone besides shallow puzzle games. I might do the NES version, but NES RPGs are pretty rough. )
I do think the dq4 hero is the most aesthetically pleasing, so I might play as that one quite a bit, but for the most part it will be erdrick.
Here's hoping Nintendo and square do what they did with Final Fantasy, and start touring Dragon Quest games to the switch.

Last edited:

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
I don't know Dragon Quest....

... so I went with Eight. Cause then I could just pretend that he and Munchie are actually Minsc and Boo from Baulder's Gate.

... a pipe dream of a character for Smash, I know.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
IV/Solo's always been my favorite design. I love the neat little fins of on his helmet, the green hair, and the cool dragon theming of their euipment. Erdrick is a close second though as i'm generally a sucker for the classics, their design tends to be the first thing that comes to mind when i think "rpg hero"(honestly i feel like they should have been the default skin instead of luminary for this reason but eh, the order they come in really doesn't matter), and i'm a big fan of dragon quest III(i've also only played the GBC version of III, IX, and the DS version of IV. Should really get back into that dragon quest groove i was in after getting III from a retro game store one day which got me into the series not long before IX was going to come out then started the DS remake of IV but got distracted from rpgs for a while. should really play the others though and DQ11 looks freaking amazing)

Last edited:

cdMyth

Controller Doctor
Writing Team
Initially, I'm like most American Dragon Quest fans in that I primarily want to play Eight (oy guv!), but also looking forward to the alternate Erdrick, because I always liked the character design of Madason / the Dragon Quest V Hero.

Madason

Erdrick Alt​

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Those are my 2 favorite designs as well, mostly due to being my first two DQs or was it 8-9-5. I don't remember. I think 5 came out before 9 on ds?

I actually really like the Blue Eight alt. Blue is my favorite color and I can see myself using that often. Erdrick has a cool design, but I never really played 4 or 11 and their designs aren't as appealing.

TheLightningYu

Smash Rookie
For me it would be Eight, and than Luminary.

Eight because i like his style most, he reminds me kinda of Adult-Gohan/Goku-esque but with an Bandana on his head, and that was the reason why i bought DQVIII back than to begin with, because i loved Akira Toriyamas Artstyle and find as Dragon Ball Fan the Design of the Main-Character so cool... also Dragon Quest have besides Persona an Special-Place for me, because this both Series were my ticket to proper Roundbased JRPG's. Before i did only play Pokemon, which atleast i don't consider as your typical proper JRPG and Tales of Symphonia which was great, but not Roundbased... before DQVIII and Persona i found Roundbased Games mostly boring, but with this Game's i opened up to this Game.

Luminary because as someone pointed it already out, he looks like a mix between Trunks and Android 17 and i find that looks rather cool. Next would be Erdrick... which is also cool, but for me it looks more like your normal medieval Soldier / Knight Hero... the looks of Eight and Luminary are rather unique for an Fantasy-Trope.(atleast for western standarts).

Solo is my least favorite, due he looks like an Aqua-Boy and i'm not the biggest Fan of Aquaman (except he is portrayed by Jason Momoa - he was able to make Aquaman look somewhat cool), so an Aquaboy is worse for me.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Now it's definitely Erdrick. I love that Shishioh Guy style of hot-blooded voice Hiyama gave him. Truly "THE KING OF BRAVES" indeed

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The Guv.

A. He's the only one who's game I've played.

B. His game was developed by Level 5 so it's closest thing I have to a Level 5 rep.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I like playing all of them except Eleven, which is only because I haven't played their game yet. I let myself play Eleven's Angelo recolor though.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Erdrick is my boy, and it saddens me that Eight is outscoring him right now.
Guess I'm just a h-eighter.

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
The only Dragon Quest game I grew up with was the Monsters Joker series, and whenever I looked up anything Dragon Quest related back then, DQ8 was always what came up, so Eight kinda feels like the face of Dragon Quest for me. He also has this nice confident roguish look to him, and a hamster. So those two things are big pluses for me.

I think second place goes to the DQ4 hero who has quite an underrated design, and I never see him online. That said his character doesn't really have any personality I can read.

Edrick has a great design, but I really don't like his voice, especially when he gets hit. Just a personal thing. I was never big on Luminary's design, but I'm not against it. And I do love that he has a "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series" alt (I know it's a reference to 8).

soyperson

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6207-2383-9806
Erdrick and Eight for me, too. Specifically, normal skin Erdrick and alternate skin Eight. I like the look of normal skin Solo, but it doesn't look as good when in action. Same with alternate skin Erdrick, because he looks very naked thanks to the skin-tone sleeves and pants.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Erdrick for me, this dude is the legend.
Then Eight because he's still cool and I loved the PS2 game.
Then Solo because I like his design (never played his game but that's a really important one in the serie)
Then Luminary, I hate his design.

Top Bottom