• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Your Favorite Nintendo Villain?

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
"Ah ha ha. I can hardly stand the wait."

Dimentio.
He's such a demented, power-hungry traitor, and he will do absolutely anything just to get everything as he wants it- he's not above directly murdering the protagonists, something I had never seen in a game prior to playing Super Paper Mario. He's got a great character arc, too, seeming like comic relief when first encountered, but slowly becoming more and more of a serious villain as the game goes on.

Not to mention the fact that he introduces himself as "master of dimensions, pleaser of crowds".

I love this paper jester so much. <3

Don't forget his amazing theme.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"Hope I'm not interrupting!"

Metal Face

A maniacal villain that just wants to see his victims torn to shreds and cause general despair amongst all living beings. He lives only to quench his disturbing thirst for bloodshed and taunts his victims. Boasting a giant set of claws and a large cannon he is a great threat to all who oppose him.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It used to be Ridley, but I think I like Metal Face a bit more now.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Piyano.jpg

Shake King from Wario Land.
I know he appeared in 1 game, but i would love to see him in more future games. (As a fighter in Smash or a new driver in Mario Kart.)
Plus he's so underrated and looks like an evil Santa Claus mashed together with Thor himself from Norse mythology.

mewtwogod

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo. He is a villain because he is the final boss of some pokemon games. (Or maybe not, I dunno any pkmn lore.) If not, Ganondorf.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Gonna be Majora. He is the most dangerous and mysterious villain in the Zelda franchise. For one, he has the ability to create dimensions (as confirmed in the Encyclopedia) and that is only while he was sealed in a mask. At the end of the game, the Happy Mask Salesman said that Majora left the mask. Who knows what he can do without being sealed. It also means he is still out there.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Ridley, nothing is more terrifying than an abomination that's smart. If the ghost in the hallway was as smart as ridley, I would actually be afraid of him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
King Dedede. Bowser used to be my favorite, and I still like him. But King Dedede has so much charm

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Even though they're sadly no longer considered Nintendo, I will always fondly remember Gruntilda from Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. Not only was she a great classic antagonist that managed to do horrible things, but you had to hear her all throughout the first game rhyming off insults at you and she only got even more badass in Banjo-Tooie when she comes back as a living skeleton and even kills your mentor from the first game all at the beginning of the game! And then her plan involves sucking the life out of all the denizens of the entire Isle o' Hags to restore her own life! Really cool stuff. And what other villain has quiz and trivia challenges as part of their final battles? I'm sure there's someone else but Gruntilda did it first as far as I can tell!

cpm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cpm001
3DS FC
0705-4380-2066
Switch FC
sw-0519-8110-5525
the shadow queen from paper mario the thousand year door.

R O F L

Smash Ace
The most non-villain of all of the ones previously listed, but my favorite Nintendo villain is Louie from Pikmin 2.

Having your quiet, and odd playable companion go missing mid-game and reappear as the villain at the end is really compelling to me. Especially with the messages from his Grandmother who mentions his odd nature and his relationship with bugs during the period where he is missing.

My favorite part about him is how the game, Pikmin 2, has no clear villain until you find Louie as the final boss riding the Titan Dweevil. The dialogue and notes on the Titan Dweevil and Louie question whether Louie was purposely trying to kill you, or if he was unconscious, with the Ship saying Louie did it on purpose and Olimar saying he couldn't have. And once you 100% the game, you get a cut-scene that details that Louie was the one that put the company in debt, which is the whole reason the game exists in the first place. Louie being a villain is never actually resolved, and is up to the player. The game displays evidence that Louie is the villain and also evidence that he is not. This is the reason he is my favorite villain, but also the reason I don't know if Louie counts as a villain or not. Unfortunately, Pikmin 3 did nothing with this, lol.

Also Louie's notes on how to cook every enemy in the game is already enough to make me love him.

I've heard people say that he has no personality and that he was shoe-horned in at the last minute as a playable companion, but they obviously weren't paying attention.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I have to say King Dedede, he's selfish and greedy but he's also funny. I don't know, I just like him. He also reminds me of my pet rooster, which I'm pretty sure no other Dedede fan has said.
Which Kirby Game did you Play????

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Hmm i guess i would say Astral Birth Void

Because:
Yeah first here is all Lore:
The shocking true form of Void Termina has been revealed! Born from the total absence of care and composed of dark energy, he has awakened from a state of mere existence to that of true sentience. He now desires only one thing…to CRUSH all opposition
As the spring breeze blows, a young traveler appears. After greeting new friends and bidding farewell to old ones, his path has finally led him here. Let's beat this guy already! After that, lunch and a nap!
Hatred, obsession, jealousy, greed... The darkness gathered by Hyness has transformed into a corrupt power within Void Termina that conflicts with his newly forged soul. Chaos descends, but... you'll be OK. The Star Allies have your back!
No one knows from whence he came, only that he has existed for aeons, unchanging and unrelenting. Perpetually roaming the cosmos, he has finally arrived. And now, he has begun to feel. To desire. To think. Within the void, there lurks...a Soul!
Void exists in all dimensions, but his shining form in another dimension inspired the ancients to transcribe his mysteries in sacred texts. What will be written next? Will the new scrolls describe a destroyer of worlds, or an ally to the stars?
No telling if it's true, but according to the ancient scrolls, Void Termina may rise again in other forms depending on whether positive or negative energy is gathered. It seems this being of darkness will wander the galaxy until one day he is reborn into a new existence. When he returns, hopefully it will be as...a friend
The final battle at hand, Void takes his first steps toward a new age. In place of tyrannical rage, will he find... naptime? Gentle breezes? Treats? He may even dream again... a dream of friends reunited!
This Being is just super cool also he is the Dad of Kirby, Zero Two, Waddle Dees, Dedede and every other Kirby Char!

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
My favorite is Ganon - just the pure evil-ness is great.

But I must express the respect I have for your Rival in Pokemon Red and Blue. Always one step ahead, toxic as heck, always ready to battle, the first Champion from Pallet Town. No matter how quickly you complete your speedrun, Blue beat you to it. Respect.

Top Bottom