• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Your Favorite Nintendo Villain?

tru.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Mine's got to be Doopliss from Paper Mario, The Thousand Year Door. Because he was so sinister and humorous at the same time, he is my favorite villain of all. He was definitely one of the most unique characters in the Paper Mario franchise.

So who's your favorite Nintendo villain, Slick?

Not to mention, his theme song is just haunting.
http://youtu.be/8tx6h2lDw4I

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Probably the Black Knight from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance. His background story and character development is awesome.

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious
Majora, of LoZ: Majora's Mask.

It's not an in-depth villain that makes it appealing, it's the fact that it's basically a unknowable terror. An insane evil that corrupts and destroys on a scale that isn't really fathomable. Game limitations obviously don't lend well to envisioning it, but Majora's actions would obliterate an entire city, and the fallout from the moon's impact would likely cause destruction for hundreds of miles around. It would undoubtedly cause genocide. And the worst part is that it doesn't really seem to have a reason for doing what it's doing, it just seems to receive some sort of sadistic glee from it all.

There's something terrifying about an evil like that, an insane entity you can't begin to understand or reason with that doesn't have anything resembling a moral compass, or if it does, has one that works on a different spectrum to ours. Other Nintendo villains, even if evil, usually have fairly human qualities about them that you can either laugh at or empathize with.

Majora's just... well, anathema.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Uhhh idunno...PRINCESS PEACH!?

You bust your ass running through 6-8 worlds of Insanity and lava and poison, and when you beat the Giant Spike Shelled turtle named bowser and save her, all she gives you is alittle kissy kiss on the cheek or forehead? How EVIL!

Well sometimes theres cake, but I BET MARIO HAS TO SHARE IT WITH HER

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Ridley for me, as if the name didn't clue anybody to that idea; he's a fire breathing dragon pirate who's also been a cyborg and a zombie cyborg. He's violent, intelligent, sadistic...pretty much a psychopath in anything but name. He derives joy from the slaughter of innocents and can regenerate from damage by consuming human flesh. 'ell, his Zero Mission artwork labels him as "The Cunning God of Death"!

Ganon and Bowser have conquest on their minds, but Ridley does what he does for fun, which is pretty scary. Imagine a 12-foot tall fire breathing dragon that can't take the hint about death deriving fun from slowly killing you, and there's a real-life Ridley for you. :p

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
Ganon is my favorite, and his Hyrule Warriors costume is the coolest he's ever been. Also, his theme in that game is fantastic.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Ghirahim.
Love his personality; his mannerisms, colorful vocabulary, voice and his abilities are sweet.

The first battle with him was like a slap in the face "it'll get a little rough from this point" battle and just how he's capable of casually catching Link's swipes like damn Ganondorf, get on his level. ;)

I really hope they plan to do more with him.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
King K. Rool

He's a mentally unstable, militaristic, reptilian oil tycoon who wants the Kong family to starve to death. Why else would he steal their banana hoard even though he hates bananas? K. Rool was into cosplay before it was a thing. Maybe Lord Fredrik was an elaborate fursuit. He doesn't kidnap damsels in distress in order to grab Donkey Kong's attention. Instead, he threats to BLOW UP his home with nuclear warheads. The military uniforms worn by Klump and Krusha from the first Donkey Kong Country game are awfully suspicious. And what about those orange grenades from Donkey Kong 64? Regardless, there's no denying that the croc can sing.

MaverickHero

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4871-5914-9262
Bowser for living the dream of trying to get da girl by any means necessary.

Terabyte

Smash Rookie
NNID
PokeBoy99
I have to say King Dedede, he's selfish and greedy but he's also funny. I don't know, I just like him. He also reminds me of my pet rooster, which I'm pretty sure no other Dedede fan has said.

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
I can't think of one, so I'll break it down into a few catagories. Personality wise, King Dedede makes me laugh every time he shows up, there's something about the way he acts. Gameplay wise, the Mother Brain boss fight form Super Metroid is unforgettably great. Wolf O' Donnell takes the dialogue prize.

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
I would have to go with porky since he gets straight to the point of getting what he wants, none of that waiting crap.

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
There's a lot of ways I could answer this question, but I'll go ahead and say King K. Rool, most notably, his DKC2 Krocodile Kore incarnation. First, he got blown up multiple times, then got whallopped by DK, fell all the way down to the waters and then got torn apart by sharks... and somehow he looks like nothing happened to him. The battle is short in time, but it is ridiculously hard for an average gamer such as myself. The battle was accompanied by some really neat music as well. Plus, the ending was solid, with him sailing away, laughing maniacally. King K. Rool is one bad dude in general though. He's not insane, but he's definitely mad. Mad, but a genius.

SundayBest

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aweber4206
3DS FC
5129-2712-1188
Ridley, probably. He has such a big impact on Samus' life and career as a bounty hunter to the point where you can always feel the intense rivalry between them in their fights. Which is an odd thing because in most metroid games there are no emotions portrayed by either party, but Ridley just has this 'oh **** you' effect on players that have faced him multiple times in the series that its hard not to have some respect towards him as a villian.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The incomparable Fawful from the Mario and Luigi games.
"I am on the couch of cozyness, sipping tea that laughs at you!"
"Your lives that I spit on now are but caricatures of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!"
"Easy as bread sandwiches!"
"I drizzled rage dressing on the country next door. Rage dressing on a salad of evil!"
"Such excitement, like a pie made of wow"

D

Deleted member 269706

Mine's got to be Doopliss from Paper Mario, The Thousand Year Door. Because he was so sinister and humorous at the same time, he is my favorite villain of all. He was definitely one of the most unique characters in the Paper Mario franchise.

So who's your favorite Nintendo villain, Slick?
Wow, the OP literally beat me to what I was going to say.

Paper Mario: TTYD is, and will always be my favorite video game of all time. Doopliss was easily my favorite villain in that game. His character was humorous and more of a nuisance than an actual villain. Plus he repeatedly causes trouble, but never for the soul purpose of being evil, rather because he gets bored.

Some other favorite villains of mine are Count Bleck (Super Paper Mario), Lyon (Fire Emblem Sacred Stones), The Boss (Metal Gear Solid 3), Black Knight (Fire Emblem Path or Radiance & Radiant Dawn), and the Skull Kid (Majora's Mask).

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Manfroy of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. He is just the great evil genius that plotted the entire game and managed to kill the main character. Well, that was Arvis, but was under Manfroy's influence. Kidnapping, incest plan, murders by the thousands, leaving thousands of orphans behind just to kill them later, manipulation, and satanic magic.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Favorite nintendo villan...

His personality is just plain awesome and he's just hilarious when he isn't hilarious to me.
A close second is Lord Crump

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

Black Shadow

He's my favorite for having lines like these:

Mr. Zero: "What was the key to your victory?"
Black Shadow: "Are you prepared to die to find out?"

MZ: "Wh-what are your plans now that you've won?"
BS: "Burn this place to the ground! HAHAHAHA!"

NintenX

Smash Rookie
Definitely Porky from Mother 3. I like his theme, boss battle, and dialogue.
"No matter how much you change the rules, no
matter how much you refuse to admit defeat,
in the end, the creatures known as "people"
will always sign their own death warrant
by acting out of stupidity and evil.
You could've been happy, if only you would've
done as I did
and obediently followed the visionary, selfish
desires of a great hero..." (he's referring to himself, lol)

Last edited:

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
1. SA-X & Dark Samus (SA-X made me feel way too vulnerable, almost like an ant running from a human)

2. Ganon (Yeah hes a very typical villain, but everything about this guy is no less than awesome to me.)

3. Meta Ridley (A giant beast being reborn as a cyborg is just terrifying to me.)

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Majora, of LoZ: Majora's Mask.

It's not an in-depth villain that makes it appealing, it's the fact that it's basically a unknowable terror. An insane evil that corrupts and destroys on a scale that isn't really fathomable. Game limitations obviously don't lend well to envisioning it, but Majora's actions would obliterate an entire city, and the fallout from the moon's impact would likely cause destruction for hundreds of miles around. It would undoubtedly cause genocide. And the worst part is that it doesn't really seem to have a reason for doing what it's doing, it just seems to receive some sort of sadistic glee from it all.

There's something terrifying about an evil like that, an insane entity you can't begin to understand or reason with that doesn't have anything resembling a moral compass, or if it does, has one that works on a different spectrum to ours. Other Nintendo villains, even if evil, usually have fairly human qualities about them that you can either laugh at or empathize with.

Majora's just... well, anathema.
I never really thought about how Lovecraftian Majora is.

I have pretty mixed feeling on MM, but you gotta give the game credit for it's baddies. For example, Skullkid. A lot of video games, both past and present, usually introduce the bad guy by saying "oh no there he is stop he before he does something bad" or, in a misguided attempt to make to hero look cool, the game treats the bad guy as a joke since the hero seems to effortlessly kick his and his minion's asses in every cut scene.

But then you guy bad guys like Skullkid, who jack your horse, kick the **** out of you and then turn you into a weak little wooden creature and laugh in your face in the first cut scene of the game. You want to make a strong, memorable villian? Give the player a reason to hate their guts.

Or just make them hilarious, that works too.

Draco74

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf is a very good Nintendo villain, for me it's the best.

But I also like Bowser and Ridley, very iconic villains.

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf for sure! In todays day and age where everything is dark and moraly gray, it's always refreshing to revisit my old pal who's evil simply because he's evil.

Sometimes a cool costume, some magic and an evil laugh is all you need!

MVboy39

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MVboy39
3DS FC
4940-5715-0569
I've got to agree with EliteWarri0r115. I would love to see Kid Icarus: Uprising's Hades and Disney's Hades have a conversation.

ReZo-nancE

Smash Rookie
"Ah ha ha. I can hardly stand the wait."

Dimentio.
He's such a demented, power-hungry traitor, and he will do absolutely anything just to get everything as he wants it- he's not above directly murdering the protagonists, something I had never seen in a game prior to playing Super Paper Mario. He's got a great character arc, too, seeming like comic relief when first encountered, but slowly becoming more and more of a serious villain as the game goes on.

Not to mention the fact that he introduces himself as "master of dimensions, pleaser of crowds".

I love this paper jester so much. <3

_Sheik

Smash Lord
For well-known bosses, I'll say Ganondorf, Ghirahim and Magolor.

I also love the Mother 3 and Fire Emblem: Conquest final bosses. No spoilers though.

Top Bottom