• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Your Favorite Mario Series Character?

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Wario's the best! Wahahahaha! Have a rotten day!

I always end up picking him in Mario Party/ Kart / any other times he's playable, partly because of how fun it is to do the Wario laugh everytime I win!
"Wahahahaha! I'ma Wario! I'ma gonna win!"

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yoshi, followed by a toss up between Luigi and Toad(my user name may throw you on my love of Luigi), then Bowser, followed by Mario, followed by Wario and Waluigi, followed by Ludwig Von Koopa.

Then everyone else.

Then Bowser Jr.

Then Baby Daisy.
Never mind; the new order is:
  1. Yoshi
  2. Captain Toad/Regular Toads
  3. Ludwig (Mario Kart 8 and Smash have boosted him hugely)
  4. Luigi
  5. Mario
  6. Bowser
  7. Wario
  8. Waluigi
  9. Toadette
  10. Peach

Joint Dead last: Baby Rosalina, Baby Daisy, Pink Gold Peach, Dry Bowser

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Wario. He's been my favorite game character ever for 15 years. All the way back when I got Wario Land II for my birthday. Gravitated towards the greedy asshole and his strength. Shame he never gets to do platforming anymore.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Bowser, definitely. I've always loved seeing that giant turtle-dragon in action, whether he's a comedic buffoon or a genuine menace to the Mushroom Kingdom.

I've also greatly adored Yoshi since childhood. Yoshi's Island brought me so many good memories playing it with my family, I still cherish the original cartridge to this day.

GreatDave

Smash Cadet
NNID
GreatDave81
Wario has always been my favourite...not only in Mario series, but in he entire videogame universe.
How can you not love him? He has the villain face, he's greedy, fat, smells bad, he farts, and he's always unlucky.
Simply lovely:4wario2::4wario2::4wario2:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I'm going to go with Diddy Kong.

What? The first Mario game was called Donkey Kong. Sheesh.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Bowser all the way. No matter how many times he fails, he's a badass.

SHOWTIME :4bowser:

My Top 10:

1. Bowser
2. Yoshi
3. Wario
4. Luigi
5. Bowser Jr.
6. Donkey Kong
7. Waluigi
8. Kamek
9. Mario
10. Elite Trio (from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team)

Honorable mentions:
- King K. Rool (though I don't really count him as a Mario character)
- Goomba
- Chain Chomp
- Toad
- Fawful
- King Boo

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You can just look at my avatar to answer that question.
It used to be :4bowser: and :4luigi: before she came along.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Mario. Hands down. I've seen how much hate the poor guy gets over the internet *coughGameTheorycough* , and feel it a bit unjusified. He may not have that much of a personality, but I would imagine him to be a hardheaded man, but with a heart of gold inside. And also since he's the older sibling so I can relate to him a bit more.
:mariomelee:=:chuckle:

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
My favorite Mario character will always be Luigi. Not just because he needs attention, but also because of his better attributes (jumping higher, faster run speed, etc.).

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Luigi. Why :4luigi:? Because he's the man. Seriously, I used to have Mario as my favorite character until 2009 and after playing Brawl and sport games, I suddenly liked Luigi a lot and even more than Mario.

2nd :4mario: Second, but still one of my favorite characters.

3rd :rosalina: Third, but close to being 2nd because I'm staring to grow really fond of her fast and I started liking her even more since Super Mario 3D World.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
:4peach:
The princess in pink ever since the snes days. Iggy, yoshi and Daisy are up there too.
Would be great if they stopped the kidnapped junk with 3D world.

queendesarasa

Banned via Warnings
I always knew of Mario but I didn't become a fan until as recently as a month or two ago.
Even before I got into Mario I always preferred characters like Waluigi, Daisy, and Wario over the main cast. Peach was always a good favorite of mine as well. Everyone is pretty much alright but I don't really care for Rosalina in particular. Not that I don't like calm, ethereal characters ( Sailor Neptune and Sailor Pluto are my favorite outer Sailor Senshi, seriously! ) but something about her doesn't sync with me very well.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
DK, Luigi, and Fawful.

Then probably Bowser, Lemmy, and Daisy.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I like so many of the characters that I've never really thought of a favorite.
#1 I suppose is Geno for being badass incarnate.

#2 would probably be Rosalina because she's God in Mario form.

#3 is Luigi because he has the most personality of any Mario character and be honest, who doesn't love Luigi?

#4 is Dimentio because he's so damn evil without being "Rargh, I'm evil! Destruction and darkness and stuff!" He's the right mix of creepy, threatening, and funny. And he probably has the best writing of any Mario character ever.

queendesarasa

Banned via Warnings
I like so many of the characters that I've never really thought of a favorite.
#1 I suppose is Geno for being badass incarnate.

#2 would probably be Rosalina because she's God in Mario form.

#3 is Luigi because he has the most personality of any Mario character and be honest, who doesn't love Luigi?

#4 is Dimentio because he's so damn evil without being "Rargh, I'm evil! Destruction and darkness and stuff!" He's the right mix of creepy, threatening, and funny. And he probably has the best writing of any Mario character ever.
Are you non-religious?

Super Fawful

Smash Cadet
NNID
dimentio64
My two favorite characters are Dimentio and Fawful. Despite Fawful being the basis of most of my usernames I believe I like them equally. Count Bleck is also up there.

If I had to list my top ten at the moment:

1. Fawful; Dimentio
2. Count Bleck; Tippi
3. Antasma; Cackletta
4. Mario; Luigi/Mr. L
5. Waluigi
6. Doopliss
7. Peach
8. Bowser
9. Popple
10. Francis

And bottom 10:

1. Pink Gold Peach (absolute worst and most unnecessary character ever)
2. Baby Daisy
3. Toad
4. Daisy
5. Baby Rosalina
6. Kersti
7. Honey Queen
8. Paper Kamek (not regular Kamek, but the replacement for Kammy Koopa)
9. Paper Bowser (Sticker Star version only)
10. Dark Megabite (I ran out of characters I dislike, so I put a very annoying enemy)

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
When I was a kid, I really loved Luigi. He was such a lovable and quirky character and he used to be my main in Brawl. But I think the main reason why I liked him as a kid was his role in Super Paper Mario as Mr. L. I thought Mr. L looked so cool and acted so over-the-top, complete with a giant robot battle in space in the 2nd half of his boss fight. People say that Luigi doesn't get as much love as Mario, but I always thought the opposite. I don't love Luigi as much as I used to, but he still remains as one of my favorite Mario characters.
I remember there was a time when I really loved Rosalina too. There was something about her that I find really appealing. Maybe it was her calm demeanor, or her deep backstory, or the fact that she was becoming more popular at the time. I dunno. What I do know is that she remains one of my favorite Mario characters for some reason.
Nowadays, the only Mario character that comes to mind as my favorite is...well...Mario himself. I like his really energetic and optimistic personality, he's my main in Smash and...well...I like his games. That's about it.
Some honorable mentions are Roy Koopaling (cuz he's our boi), Daisy, Dimentio, Wario, Fawful, and Yoshi.

Satonakas

Smash Cadet
NNID
itsiantime
3DS FC
1693-3665-7953
I'm actually surprised to see a lot of people liking Wario so much (not that there's anything wrong with that) , but for me it's a tie between Rosalina and Peach. For some reason I can't separate who I like better :/

Prince DZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RAS310
Daisy of course. I also love Mario, Luigi, Wario, Shy Guy, and (King) Boo.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
For me:

Mario: The one and only

Luigi: Completely underrated, I love the Luigi's Mansion games and think there should be more games about him

Bowser: The Best and main villain of the series, plenty of nostalgia moments with him and his battles. I was very excited for Super Smash Bros. Melee when I found out that he was going to be in it during the GCN years.

Peach: Sure she's a bit of an airhead nowadays but I really liked her during the N64 days and in the Paper Mario series.

Yoshi: He's a dinosaur that eats enemies, nuff said

Waluigi: The most underrated Mario character in the series, I was excited when I heard about him in Mario Tennis 64, why hasn't this guy been given his own game yet? the least they could do is put him in Wario's games.

Birdo: Super Mario Bros. 2 will always be one of my favorites because of her, sure wish they'd use her in more main mario games

King Boo: Luigi's worst enemy, why wouldn't he be thanks to Luigi's fear of Boos and ghosts? I love his look in the first Luigi's Mansion game especially

Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong I consider their own series so I'm not listing them here though I still enjoy playing as them in the Mario spinoffs.

Last edited:

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
Without counting Mario and Luigi, I'll say Rosalina and Yoshi. I really liked Rosalina in Mario Galaxy and I had a lot of fun using her in Mario 3D World. Ypshi is such a cute creature and he's amazing too, especially in Mario Galaxy 2!

I like Donkey and Diddy Kong too but I won't count them as Mario characters.

Top Bottom