• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Your Favorite Mario Series Character?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mario, Luigi, or Wario I guess, I've always liked them. Better yet, pretty much anyone who isn't Toad, or Fawful are alright in my eyes.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi is a god. Not sure why he gets so much hate. My second favorite would be Piantas.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Daisy all the way. There's just that certain swagger about her that I like. Tomboyish, competitive, and full of energy, Princess Daisy is my type of girl! I just wish she was in more games than just sports, kart, and party games besides SML; I just desire more of her.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yoshi, followed by a toss up between Luigi and Toad(my user name may throw you on my love of Luigi), then Bowser, followed by Mario, followed by Wario and Waluigi, followed by Ludwig Von Koopa.

Then everyone else.

Then Bowser Jr.

Then Baby Daisy.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mario is my usual guy in the multiplayer games, but in terms of actual character it's probably Bowser.

Oh, and I guess I should mention Wario because of my name, but honestly I don't even really like him all that much, he's fun and all, but not anything beyond that. It's just an old name, nothing more, I actually really don't like the WarioWare games, only ever liked the Wario Land games, so there's also that.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Morton
6. Roy

Last edited:

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I like both Mario and Luigi, but sometimes I like one more than the other

Currently I like Mario more

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Definitely Luigi. He always seemed cooler than Mario (or maybe I just told myself that to feel better about being second player). My favorite villain is Bowser Jr. Mostly because of Mario Sunshine.

D

Deleted member

Easily Luigi. He is my favorite video game character of all-time! That will never change!
I find Luigi to be a relatable character, especially when I am the youngest in my family. Also, Luigi is easily one of the funniest characters in video game history in my opinion. I just wish that he gained more respect, hence why I loved the Year of Luigi so much. He deserves more.

I also like Mario, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Bowser.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I don't really count DK as a Mario character, unless specifically stated as such, so I'd say hands down Luigi. I'm the youngest in my family and so is he, not to mention I like green a lot. Luigi power forever

TheMiddleVeen

Smash Cadet
I was always the youngest so Mario,Luigi, and Yoshi always got picked first so I always was either Peach or Wario. Because of that Peach became my favorite character in Mario.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I say Daisy. Nobody else has said her, right?
I have, btw.

"Daisy all the way. There's just that certain swagger about her that I like. Tomboyish, competitive, and full of energy, Princess Daisy is my type of girl! I just wish she was in more games than just sports, kart, and party games besides SML; I just desire more of her."

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is my all time favourite Mario character. She's also one of my favourite fictional characters in general, and is my absolute favourite female character.

Honourable mentions go to Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, and Wario, whom I also like a whole lot.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
:4mario: is my favorite, hence my username. Despite having a personality so bland it's non-existent to the point you can't relate to him, I liked molding Mario into any image I prefer. He's a simple character and doesn't need to go any deeper in his characterization than that.

:4luigi: is an extremely close second though. I especially loved him in the Mario & Luigi series along with :4bowser: (this guy is a badass in Bowser's Inside Story).

Luigi is the one I can relate to the most, but I'm the older sibling so I know what it's like trying to set an example for your younger siblings to follow. Sure the younger sibling (Luigi in this case) may be treated differently in terms of behavior and success, but the older sibling in return is seen as bland and less interesting than the younger one (Mario for example). In a way I molded Mario into being this hero who tries his best for the people and the sibling he loves yet is expected to keep continuing his success all the while supposedly stealing the spotlight for his more relatable and interesting younger brother, which ironically made Mario interesting for me.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Peach but more so for the way she's been portrayed in the Smash series. She's had better luck in more recent Mario games though. I hope they continue to make her a playable character as opposed to a damsel in future games.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Luigi, specially after Dream Team. I also like how Bowser is portrayed in the RPGs, he is funny :D Speaking of RPGs, some of the original characters in the Mario RPG are amazing, like Starlow, Goombella, Vivian, Dreambert, Bedsmith and some of the villains, Fawful and Dimentio (I heard the Super Mario RPG villain is great but I am still playing it, so idk).

If Peach was portrayed in Mario as she is portrayed in Smash, I would like her a whole lot more. That said, she still is my choice of character whenever there are multiple playable characters in Mario games (Super Mario Bros. 2, 3D World, Mario Kart, sport games, etc). I like Wario too and the WarioWare characters, but at this point I don't consider them primarily from the Mario series anymore.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
:4mario: is my favorite, hence my username. Despite having a personality so bland it's non-existent to the point you can't relate to him, I liked molding Mario into any image I prefer. He's a simple character and doesn't need to go any deeper in his characterization than that.
Yeah, that's how I try to look a Mario too.

I like his Smash portrayal though, and I actually wish that's how he was portrayed in his own games - a solid balance between a sincere, steadfast hero, and a fun, friendly everyday guy despite his super human qualities. The main series Mario games, for the most part, stray too far into the latter side, IMO (even though I understand why they do it).

HanAmes

Smash Ace
If Peach was portrayed in Mario as she is portrayed in Smash, I would like her a whole lot more.
This. I would have more appreciation for her as well. That way, she can portray how strong a princess can truly be; even Zelda fights alongside Link.
I like his Smash portrayal though, and I actually wish that's how he was portrayed in his own games - a solid balance between a sincere, steadfast hero, and a fun, friendly everyday guy despite his super human qualities. The main series Mario games, for the most part, stray too far into the latter side, IMO (even though I understand why they do it).
Wouldn't it be cool if Mario carried himself in cannon games like he did in Smash? I remember back in Super Mario World, Mario would lift entire castles and just merely kick it away like a disposable commodity.

Fact of the matter is, isn't it kinda odd that my personal favorite Mario character isn't even a playable character in Smash?

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I always liked the Koopa characters myself, but the ones I like the most are Bowser, Bowser Jr., Larry, Lemmy, & my all-time favorite Ludwig (my avatar's a clue on this).

My other favorites are Yoshi, Toad, & Rosalina.

Top Bottom