• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Your Favorite Mario Series Character?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I don't think this has been made yet, if it has I seriously apologize but I couldn't search.
If it has, I ask that a senator (maybe Evil Eye) can gladly close it.

Well, who do you like? I know there's a LOT in this series but...generally speaking who?

I love Luigi, he's my favorite for every racing game, sports game...I love Luigi's Mansion. He's just a funny character. (I also didn't add a poll because well...there's a a lot of things to like, as I said before)

§leepy God

Smash Master
King Boo. Greatest Mario idea ever, IMO. I just wish King Boo looked like he did in Luigi's Mansion in the Mario spinoffs, he looked too bad*** in that game.

Bowser, hands down for me.

He's a character that, albeit is the recurring antagonist of the series, hides secrets more so than others.

I love characters that have superficial traits and feelings, but then have traits and feelings that are concealed.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I love Toad.
"Your Princess is in another castle! D:"
I always used him in the Mario Kart games. XD

My other faves are Baby Luigi and Big Weegee ^^
They make me smile.
Also Bowser and Bowser Jr.

Heck, I love all the Mario characters xD

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Argh too hard, Toad I think.

I use Luigi in the racing games.

Rosalina <3 also

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm so fickle, I can't pick a favorite. I like them all, but I use the Mario Bros. the most.

D

Deleted member

Easily Mario. Mario is one of the best video game characters in history and used to be my all-time favorite video game character.

I'm actually surprise nobody picked the superstar plumber. Or am I skimming?

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Ugh, I was going to say Mr. L but I'm gonna agree with Freeman and say Bob-ombs.

Just in general. There hasn't been a single bad bob-omb in the series yet, like character wise. Well not that I recall at least : p

Bombette is probably my favorite out of all of them.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ugh, I was going to say Mr. L but I'm gonna agree with Freeman and say Bob-ombs.

Just in general. There hasn't been a single bad bob-omb in the series yet, like character wise. Well not that I recall at least : p

Bombette is probably my favorite out of all of them.
Technically that giant Bomb-omb guy with the mustache in Super Mario 64 / Mario Kart DS counts, right?

-Terywj

XACE-K

Smash Master
Mario. Ever since I played SM64, he's been my favorite Mario & video game character. Bowser, Luigi, DK and Petey would finish my top 5 and I'll give Hammer Bro an honorable mention.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Technically that giant Bomb-omb guy with the mustache in Super Mario 64 / Mario Kart DS counts, right?

-Terywj
Well, I mean as in like just a stupid character. Like Madaam Flurrie in Paper Mario TTYD or something.

Jonas

Smash Champion
BAOSER
He's too cute. I especially love his animations in Melee, it looks like he has trouble moving haha (well he does tbh).

My second fave is probably Mr. L, although he's technically Luigi. Heck, I love Luigi too, he was awesome in Mansion.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Yoshi for sure.
But going down the RPG route I'd say Bleck/ Dimentio, or Mallow.

I'm pretty sure I knew who Yoshi was before I knew who Mario was lol.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Yoshi is a great character hah. He's so good too, especially in Mario World. The only game I can really say I didn't like him was in Mario Sunshine for dying on contact with water. I mean, seriously, what the hell. It made things a lot more complicated than they had to be for a particular red coin mission. >.>

He's amazing in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I think I eve named him Water one time during a playthrough on that game. He's one of my favorite partners out of the RPG series.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Boos were so awesome in Super Mario World. Easily at their best.

Boo lasers were so scary when I first saw them as a kid. I didn't know how to react and ended up trying to jump over it.

Didn't make it. Every single time. Until I learned how to deal with them. Which is pretty easy, to be honest.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I love Lakitus. They seem to have it easier than the other turtles.

Just fly on their clouds all day and dispense Spiny justice...

Beware the Jabberwocky

Smash Apprentice
Oh, my dear sweet Piantas.

I think these folks are great. They are very human like with their architecture and landmasses. Plus, they have the coolest island in history. My only regret is that some of them seem to be real douche-bags, but that probably just because they think Mario is evil.

It's funny now, but I used to draw Piantas and planned on making a web-comic on their everyday lifestyle. Imagine how boring that would be :laugh:

Top Bottom