• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's the most forgettable character in the game of smash ultimate?

Who do you forget is in the game the most?

• Total voters

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
Who do you forget is in the game the most?
:ultjigglypuff:
:ultsheik:
:ultmetaknight:
:ultpit::ultdarkpit:
:ultdiddy:
:ultsonic:
:ultolimar:
:ultlucario:
:ulttoonlink:
:ultvillager:
:ultrosalina:
:ultgreninja:
:ultrobin:
:ultbowserjr:
:ultduckhunt:
:ultcorrinf:
:ultbayonetta:(arguably)
:ultinkling:(arguably)
:ultdaisy:
:ultchrom:
:ultincineroar:
:ultpiranha:

also side-note, anyone noticed how 4 of the characters listed are the last/recent 4 mario characters added after Brawl?

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I honestly forgot Shiek was in this game.

Not a lot of player representation, has always been a transformation instead of a full-blown character, and also not a particularly influential character in video game history. I think SSBU would be the same if she was patched out.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I don't think I have ever encountered a single :ultsheik: online.

I also tend to forget :ultpiranha: exists.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
I was going to say Toon Link, the weakest link (ha) of the three Links with nothing that notable or unique to the character mold... but the first two responses to this thread reminded me that Sheik existed, I probably wouldn't have remembered her otherwise if she hadn't been brought up.

I can't remember if I've ever fought a Sheik online. Maybe once, twice max? I can confidently say I've fought every other character in Ultimate at least enough times to not be able to count all the sets on a single hand. I recall playing as Sheik on a couple rare occasions when I'm screwing around with Random, but that's it. She has no real player base representation, the character herself was half of Zelda before the two were cut apart, with the latter growing into her own character and the former stayed mostly the same. I feel like if Zelda had been introduced after Melee, even in the Brawl era, I don't think Sheik would have been part of her character.

Sheik still being here after Melee is sort of a custom by now, ignoring Smash Ultimate's "Everyone is Here" mantra. I can see the justification for keeping her being her unique playstyle for a Zelda character in Smash, and the closest thing we have to someone playable outside of the Triforce Trio (she's Zelda, but not entirely, and certainly not a moveset clone of her, she has that going for her at least). On the other hand, all of her moves are pretty much original and draw barely any reference to her home game or series, and unlike Captain Falcon who does the same thing, isn't nearly as iconic, especially not now with, again, how underrepresented she is in high level play, or even mid level, I'd argue. Her popularity in past games mostly came from how good she was in the meta, but now that she's dropped off the map, she isn't seeing nearly as much love or attention. If we get a Smash 6, I feel like Sheik might be due for a replacement, a design overhaul, or just being cut altogether.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk about a shapeshifting ninja princess and why she doesn't belong in a mascot platform fighter series anymore

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
:ultshulk:Shulk

I constantly forget he even exists. The character never made any real impression on me, good or bad.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I constantly forget Olimar exists. No one I know plays him, no one I know is a fan of Pikmin but I don't think he's a bad roster inclusion at all so I haven't even got the disdain for him that I do for other weird roster choices like Dr. Mario, Ice Climbers or Young Link.

Other characters I accidentally Thanos mind on include Pichu, Lucario, Greninja, Lucas, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Ness, Snake, Richter, Meta Knight, Sheik, Joker, Toon Link and Falco all on rotation.

I forget a lot of characters as it turns out.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Wait, isn't this thread subjective? I barely notice Lucas. Ness is also arguably. He's my dude, but Ness is seriously a character of the past. Olimar is fading for me. Bowser Jr. Rosalina and Roy are forgettable.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
I already forgot his name, but is that character, you know, the one with the red hat and blue overalls. Martin, I think.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Dr. Mario, he's so forgettable that he's not on the list :p

Jokes aside, this game is soon to have 80+ fighters, I forget certain ones all the time. lol

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wait, isn't this thread subjective?
It is entirely subjective.

I actually forgot about Ken. I playe him for the first time yesterday in an actual multiplayer match. The only time previous I played him was to clear Classic mode.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Definitely Piranha Plant. Such an out there character choice that I forget its existence.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
:ultrob: R.O.B. continues not to have their own stage so I nominate them. I'd forget the poor buddy is even in the game were R.O.B. not part of so many spirit battles.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
:ultzss::ultwiifittrainerm::ultwiifittrainer::ultdarkpit::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultmetaknight::ultpacman::ultlucario::ultinklingboy::ultinkling::ultincineroar::ultgreninja::ultduckhunt::ultcorrinf::ultcorrin:

these character I often forget are even in the game IDK why but I just keep forgeting there in LOL nothing against them

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'd tell you but I can't remember...

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
i forget everytime that :ultpiranha: exists until i have to fight him online..then i all of a sudden remember why i hate this character so much that i rather forget about it's existence :l

Top Bottom